Not open for further replies.

Jackhammer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey today i placed my sd card into my wii disk drive and now its stuck how do i get it out????? when i turn the wii on it makes a noise like something is stuck.
Is it only in the dd or is it in something else thanks for any help. I am stupid

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're not the only one dumb enough to do this.
I've seen this posted before.

As suggested previously, opening up the console is your only real shot it at.
Shaking it lose could work.

Reactions: Blythe93

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Its not hard to open the Wii, provided you have a tri-wing screwdriver... You just need to keep track of the screws on a paper with labels is all. The rubber feet on my Wii were disintegrating into a melty, sticky mess. I had my Wii on my desk, and was loading the SD card with apps when I went to stick the SD card back in it. I accidentally stuck it in the disc slot, since the front of the unit was facing away from me. But once I got it opened, it was easy to shake and the card fell out.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey today i placed my sd card into my wii disk drive and now its stuck how do i get it out????? when i turn the wii on it makes a noise like something is stuck.
Is it only in the dd or is it in something else thanks for any help. I am stupid

sadly my family does something similair with the car cd player, they like to put some bills or receipts in the cd "hole" but since we don't use cd's anymore, i don't care

disconnect everything, gentle open the drive hole with some tool, try with a store\credit card i don't suggest a butter knife...
put the wii upside down, gently try to shake it to remove.. try to use a flashlight to see where the sd card is

as you were "dumb" to use that slot as a sd card holder, i really don't suggest you to disassembly the thing by yourself...
i would ask your dad or uncle or neighboor, someone which is used to tinker with electronics.. to open it up...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prying it out with something non-metal while pressing eject really is the best way to handle this. If it cannot be done easily then disassembly is the next best option.

PSA: If you get a disc stuck: still butterknife. Use it to mash a piece of adhesive tape onto the disc then pull on it while pressing eject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E