Wii crashes when trying to load disk

Crylia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got three WII revisions that have this problem, I tried all of them with different disk drives and cables that are known good, i can say for sure its the WII itself.

Every time I insert a disk it spins up and tries to load it, the disk is not yet detected in the menu and after some time I get a black screen with the message "Your Wii ran into some problems, eject the disk and power off the system". I have no idea what could cause this, so any help would be appreciated.

The revisions are a RVL 20, 30 and 60, I don't know if they were modded

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
This can happen when the laser is bad. Try adjusting the potentiometer on it, or replace the laser.
...unless you mean that you're sure that the laser in those drives is good, in which case, shrug.

Crylia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried all three boards with 5 different disk drives, some are known good (even have two with a modchip lol) and all failed.
Post automatically merged:

Ok I got it fixed... the problem is more embarrassing than I thought. It was the ribbon cable, I didn't know that it matters in which orientation you put it in but it apparently does, I flipped the side that I put into the board and the disk drive and it works, I never paid attention to the black line (thats the disk drive side) and even managed to put it in wrong on all three wii's, multiple times...

Last edited by Crylia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto