Hacking Wii Scrubber for PC?

Scytheandsickle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a scrubber for Wii ISOs that will let you save trimmed ISOs to a FAT HD? That way, I could save space on my HD by getting rid of 2-3 GB of blank space.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scytheandsickle said:
Is there a scrubber for Wii ISOs that will let you save trimmed ISOs to a FAT HD? That way, I could save space on my HD by getting rid of 2-3 GB of blank space.

You mean.. how do you make your scrubbed ISOs smaller? You need to compress them with a compression tool (rar/zip) and they'll be smaller. Wii Scrubber doesn't make the ISO smaller, it simply replaces the garbage files with 0s so a compression tool CAN make it smaller.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Never thought about it, but since most of my ISO's are scrubbed, I could just Rar them again and I would save around 40 GB.
Thanks for the question Scytheandsickle.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiimm said:
Try a ext2/3 partition. That filesystem handles sparse files (files with many zeros in it) very good. With a ext2 partition there is no need fpr compressing and a WBFS manager can directly exchange isos.
For windows use Ext2IFS: http://www.fs-driver.org/

Just use the NTFS Drive compress . (or just set a folder u want to compress) thats all i do It compresses the games to about the same as they are on the HDD.. (this will only work if u have NTFS HDD on your PC)

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey the best thing to do is scrub them then rar.
Now if you got a free external hard drive then you could install the WBFS partion and WBFS Manager to add and dump the games from that drive

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y2gray said:
Can usbloaders read RAR'd files? Or do they have to be uncompressed?
No, you must uncompress them into ISOs before you can add them to a USB drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn