OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I meant it does a thing similar to SNEEK.
It does not.

Honestly, you really can't compare them to each other because of the huge differences of the way they work. It's a lot like comparing a regular gas car to a fucking prius. Yes, they both get you from point A to point B, but do it in a hugely different fashion.

Even that is not a good analogy.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, you really can't compare them to each other because of the huge differences of the way they work. It's a lot like comparing a regular gas car to a fucking prius. Yes, they both get you from point A to point B, but do it in a hugely different fashion.

Even that is not a good analogy.
My first post is edited.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats to the winners!
I had fun being involved with this raffle even though I did NOT win. It's cool to test the skills of Deadlyfoez :)

Reactions: 2 people

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impressive, to say the least. I thought it'd be a stupid move by N to just remove the ports, not change the System Menu, and not do anything more. They'll do anything to save money.

Congrats to the winners!

Oh btw, did you replace the drive in it to read backups? Or is it still using the original drive it had?
It's the WODE, a modchip which let's you load Wii/GC iso's from a USB drive similar to SNEEK.
That is far from an accurate representation of what a WODE is. SNEEK is completely software driven, whereas a WODE is software emulating hardware. There is really a big difference. But when trying to speak it to noobs that understand almost nothing then your analogy could work for them.
no not even close, i don't use or have a wode.(would like one.). wode emulates the dvd drive, in a way. an sneek/neek emulates the nand.
the wii can function with out the drive, as seen in the video. as long as you have the wode, or the dvd drive board. ( no need for the dvd drive it self.)
but the wii can not function with out the nand.(real.)..

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I got my prize today. I'll upload some pics in a minute. :)

gallery_224880_54_2471615.jpg

gallery_224880_54_1090183.jpg

gallery_224880_54_68852.jpg
I might as well quote this and post it in here. Unfortunately, the person who won the wii never took pics and uploaded them, but I'm not about to pressure him/her to do that in case for some odd reason he/she wants to stay anonymous.... even though he/she had already posted saying that they were the winner. But I at least did get confirmation that he/she received it.
Got the wii yesturday. Its working great. I've very impressed by how well you soldered surface mount components by hand. Thank you so much for holding this raffle. I'll look forward to the next one.
Other than that, I'm still waiting to hear from the person who won the GC controller and the GC memory card to post up that they have received it.

Thank you again everyone. I can't wait for the Wii-U to come out.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
HELL YEAH!!! This project here made it on hackaday.com !!!!!

If you care to follow the discussion, it is being held HERE

Thank you Hackaday for posting this up!!!

For anyone not following hackaday.com, this is my second wii project that has made it to their front page. This is my first one.

And for anyone who doesn't follow hackaday... you probably should. It is a great site with a great community geared towards the hacking hobbyist.

Reactions: 3 people

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO!!!! Honestly, I am trying to find my own spare money to send out some consolation prizes to everyone else, but I'm havign a hard time coming up with something other than a print out of my red face that people will just throw away. I considered Bazooka Joe gum for a little bit, but I can't even find that in my area any more.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO!!!! Honestly, I am trying to find my own spare money to send out some consolation prizes to everyone else, but I'm havign a hard time coming up with something other than a print out of my red face that people will just throw away. I considered Bazooka Joe gum for a little bit, but I can't even find that in my area any more.

Got a Dollar Tree in your area? Check if they have the gum.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Got a Dollar Tree in your area? Check if they have the gum.

yeah the dollar store always got bazooka bubblegum!

DUDE! Fuckin GRATS on getting featured on hackaday...again :D thats awesome. Fuck those haters that are all "waahh bla bla bla he used a WODE he's a pirate!!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh oh oh, oh hello Progressive insurance, talk dirty to me would you, till I finish