Hacking Wii now asking to update

PrelawOrange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So recently I started to hack again, learning from previous mistakes on hacking my WiiU and being able to recover from the brick, I managed to get a pretty good condition classic Wii and a refurbished WiiU. The question is in regard to my classic Wii, which I've decided to modify. Now before I decided to hack anything, I tested playability and updated it to 4.3 before actually doing anything. Now of what I was aware, the last Wii update was 4.3 and that was back in 2010, so I come back to the Wii now and it's prompting me to download another update on the Disc Channel. It gives the warning which says if you have any modifications they will be removed and the process may in return brick the Wii, so I guess I got a little worried. Though I've modded before I'm still new to the whole hacking thing. I've really only installed very few modifications (Nintendont, WiiMC, Usb Loader and a few more) so I really can't tell. The fact that it's asking to update sorta throws me off. I'm not sure what to do at this moment, should I update or is it just a trap for my wii, or am I overreacting?

Thanks!

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I were you, I'd install Priiloader (of course after making a NAND backup and possibly installing BootMii boot2) which can block online and disc updates and save the Wii from most bricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1