Hacking Wii nand boot C

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the old boot 2, we can flash bootmii into the nand blocks, and restore the wii from a brick.

Is there any chance that with the new boot C there will be a fix, like the old boot2

gr

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you mean will it ever be possible to install BootMii/boot2 on Wiis with the fixed boot1, then no, it most likely won't be possible. There is a chance, if someone manages to find another boot1 exploit, but its unlikely.

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Sifjar,

hmm ok, i think the person for that job will be bushing.
Lets hope he found the time to look at it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think boot1 is really small, and if there was another bug, someone would have found it already. Another alternative would be using nintendo's private key to sign a custom boot2, but that's not gonna happen either.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there something like developer's keys released? Could those be used to sign a bootmii verson of a boot 2 dump and install it as an update with a version number set to max so it wouldn't be updated again? Maybe not...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
w!! said:
Wasn't there something like developer's keys released? Could those be used to sign a bootmii verson of a boot 2 dump and install it as an update with a version number set to max so it wouldn't be updated again? Maybe not...
Nintendo's private keys have never been released, and never will be. My guess is about maybe at the very most about 100 people know/have access to that key. Developers don't get it. They have to send code to Ninty to be signed.

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking, normal a brick is a damage or loss from a ios or systemmenu,
boot1 and boot2 are blocks 0-7

is it not possible to flash only ios'es and systemmenu back to the nand ?
so we leave the boot1 and 2 intact

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need a way to launch flashing software which is not signed. If you leave boot2 intact how do you supposed to launch it? Unless you know how to use Infectus I don't see how you can flash it without bootmii.

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i flash about 35 wii with a infectus, so thats not a problem,
if the wii have a boot2 i always flash blocks 0 till 8,

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stefanox said:
i was thinking, normal a brick is a damage or loss from a ios or systemmenu,
boot1 and boot2 are blocks 0-7

is it not possible to flash only ios'es and systemmenu back to the nand ?
so we leave the boot1 and 2 intact
If you mean flash IOS and SM with an Infectus or whatever, thats not possible, because NAND FS is encrypted. Unless you have the Wii you are with's individual keys (obtainable via a BootMii NAND dump or a zyxxy key dump), there is no way to decrypt it. And if you do have those keys, chances are you have a NAND dump, or if not, you can use Betwiin to convert one, and then flash it with the Infectus. To fix a fully bricked Wii you need either a) a Wii with an old, vulnerable boot1 (so you can install BootMii/boot2 with Infectus) or b) the Wii's individual keys

There is no other way, and its not possible to retrieve the keys by a hardware method. They are stored in OTP, which no-one actually knows exactly where it is, except its in the Hollywood chip, and accessing it and dumping it would be practically impossible without completely destroying the chip, and therefore ruining all chances of a recovery.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kamins said:
Bushing wrote some interesting stuff about the startup disc:
http://hackmii.com/2010/09/insert-startup-disc/
There's a possibility that we don't have to find a new boot1 exploit (if it even exists).
Um, what? What is written there only applies is a specific, very old, never publicly released System Menu is installed on the Wii. And even then, boot1, boot2, the System Menu and the System Menu IOS ALL need to be present and correct. It will not help in any way.

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wes11ph said:
TT can make the installation of bootmii on boot2 even if it has a fixed boot1.
if they want to?!
but
they will violate the "TT No to "PIRACY""

hey wes,

so if i understand you well, its possible to install bootmii as a boot2, but for "Piracy" they dont??
make no sense to me.

explain plss what or who is "TT"?

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
i am guessing it means team twiizers

hmm yes i think that mean
yaywii.gif

lets hope they found a way to olso fix the new boot..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1