Hacking Wii help please

noidreq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 wii's 1st one has softmod and running 3.4u as are both of my other 2 wii's
my problem is that the other 2 have ios36 instead of ios249 that my first wii has and now cant launch my backups on these 2 at all. it just brings up a read disk error 349 and says no cios.. i have messed with this for 4 days now..... about 2 smash the other 2 wii's with a brick:-) please im going nuts
REWARD: I will buy a $20 wii point card for the person who can help me fix this problem....small reward...... and my respect... :-)

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree u gonna have to downgrade to 3.2 my advice is follow the softmii steps to downgrade u could install the whole package but its not required i think the preloader option is cool its like double protection from bricking the wii i would advise you to install anyregion changer from the softmii package being that it incoorperates starfall hacks & also use the cIOSCORP OPTION dont know worked or me after my daughter updated her wii to 3.4u from 3.3u

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually downgrading is not necessarry at all. and neither is softmii
install ios16 with wad manager 1.3. Then install custom ios rev 7 and a backup launcher channel with wad manager ios 16.
and you're done.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KiiWii said:
Bottom line:

downgrade to 3.2u

use cios corp / softmii etc

sorted.

Suggest a newbie who can't even tell the difference between IOS36 and IOS249, to install cioscorp? Just great.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the guide in my signture. All the files required are in the download and it is all offline install so internet on the Wii is not required. It's fast and easy, and you'll be up and running in no time. Also, offering rewards isn't necessary. As a comminuty, we try and help everyone, but atleast saying thanks in your own thread might be nice. (Especially after so many people have given you good ideas)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@WiiPower:

Softmii is a piece of piss to install.

The guide is pretty thorough (after the various rewrites).

I meant use the cioscorp installer from softmii (i figured he would find softmii a lot quicker than the original cioscorp releases).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KiiWii said:
@WiiPower:

Softmii is a piece of piss to install.

The guide is pretty thorough (after the various rewrites).

I meant use the cioscorp installer from softmii (i figured he would find softmii a lot quicker than the original cioscorp releases).

I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the install process. I don't like people like this: "I have a prolem game x.... - What do you have installed - I don't know, something called cisocop???". Cioscorp will solve a lot of problems for some people very fast, but later they can't handle any "piss" problems themselves.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a community to help each other going @ each other is not helping while i know what ure talking about kiiwii u forgot 1 thing he is a noob & he needs a more detailed explanation not tha ure comment is wrong & as for softmii its just a package 2 try & fascilitate the process for noobs

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, cIOScorp modify a LOT of IOS... it's not for newbie, even if the install process is very simple.
cIOS249 + gamma, on the other hand, is more secure.
If something goes wrong, he should simply reinstall cIOS249...

I've started with cIOS249 and THEN, after reading posts and guides, after understanding what cIOScorp does, I've installed cIOScorp.
I think that's better, because this way you understand what you are doing to your Wii.
I've seen a lot of people "uninstalling" cIOScorp or softmii via Wadmanager, obviously BRICKING their wii, only because they had NO IDEA what cIOScorp does.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dotter male correct me if im wrong i read that anyregionchanger 1.1bM5 changes cioscorp back to its normal state in the so called guide to make ure wii a virgin which its actually a semi virgin also i noticed that if u use anyregionchanger 1.1bm5 & cioscorp my backups load from the disc channel

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
menage730 said:
dotter male correct me if im wrong i read that anyregionchanger 1.1bM5 changes cioscorp back to its normal state in the so called guide to make ure wii a virgin which its actually a semi virgin also i noticed that if u use anyregionchanger 1.1bm5 & cioscorp my backups load from the disc channel
That's a correct way to uninstall cIOScorp.
smileipb2.png

If someone use wadmanager, he will simply delete every IOS on the wii, while using ARC you will overwrite them with their original version. if then you use again cioscorp, you overwrite them again with the modified version, allowing backup loading from the disk channel.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WHAT..??
wtf.gif

Any region changer will only re-installs IOS30 and SysMenu, you are not doing your homework dottor_male, if you want to get rid of CIOScorp just run/perform and update.

madmikeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
install ios16 with wad manager 1.3. Then install custom ios rev 7 and a backup launcher channel with wad manager ios 16.
and you're done.

How do you suggest he do that? All WAD installations are blocked in 3.4, so you can't install an IOS16 WAD.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madmikeuk said:
kedest said:
and you're done.

How do you suggest he do that? All WAD installations are blocked in 3.4, so you can't install an IOS16 WAD.

That's not correct. in 3.4 ALL TRUCHA SIGNED STUFF is blocked, in whatever form it comes, but IOS16 isn't trucha signed.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
madmikeuk said:
kedest said:
and you're done.

IOS16 is correctly signed and it contains the trucha bug. So you can install it. Then you use the wad manager pointed to ios16, and install other wads (exploiting the trucha bug). This method works, I've softmodded a 3.4 wii this way.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ether2802 said:
WHAT..??
wtf.gif

Any region changer will only re-installs IOS30 and SysMenu, you are not doing your homework dottor_male, if you want to get rid of CIOScorp just run/perform and update.

Well, to my knowledge, ARC reinstall everything... it's stated also in "How to make your Wii virgin again" http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557&hl=virgin

Who is wrong? (it's not sarcasm, it a serious question)

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I agree with Ether ARC only reinstalls IOS30 and the system menu. On the other hand IOS downgrader downgrades all your IOS to enable the Trucha Bug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo