Hardware Wii HDD connection to Wii Console and Laptop

hermgj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

need help in figuring out how to configure my HDD to my Wii and laptop for a constant connection rather than having to connect the HDD directly to the Wii and then having to remove it from the Wii and then connect to my laptop. I have tried different splitters and USB hub switches but can not get data from my laptop to the Wii aload games from my HDD without having to manually unplug and reconnect cables. I was hoping a 2 port USB switch device would work but it would only allow data to the console and would not allow access from my laptop....kept saying USB device not recognized.​

hermgj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the drive formatted? Fat32? Wbfs? Wbfs is not recognized by computers, so that would be the problem...
it is wbfs...however if I connect the drive directly to the computer using the male end of USB into the computer the games appear on the computer when I activate the game manager program on the computer...but when going from the drive thru the USB switch hub it says USB not recognised.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it is wbfs...however if I connect the drive directly to the computer using the male end of USB into the computer the games appear on the computer when I activate the game manager program on the computer...but when going from the drive thru the USB switch hub it says USB not recognised.
You won't be able to do what you are trying to do, those 2-port USB cables are only for extra power and the HDD will be confused if two devices are trying to communicate with it at the same time.
Anyway I would suggest to use FAT32 on your USB HDD as WBFS can (and will) corrupt older games when you add new ones. You can use this to quickly convert it without formatting the HDD http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-from-wbfs-to-fat32-or-ntfs.292391/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: