Arcadeguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello.
First of all sorry for my bad English, I am from Germany.

I read a lot on this forum and also watched some YouTube Videos. But till now I couldn't find a solution for my problem.

I injected some wii and GameCube Games via the wup installer. It worked really great and I can run the games direct from the Wii U menu.

In Case of the GameCube Games, the Wii U asks me if I want to use the Wii U Gamepad. Bit I really don't like this kind of controller.

I want to use my Wii U Pro Controller for those games. But as soon as the Game starts, the Wii U Pro Controller disconnects and the Wii U Gamepad (or the Wiimote) connects.

Is there a solution for this problem. It would be perfect if I wouldn't need the wii u gamepad at any step.

Greets from Germany.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For GC games press no when you're asked to use the GamePad, then when the game starts press some buttons on the Pro Controller to sync it.

For Wii games you can't use the Pro Controller.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.No GamePad
2.You need WiiMote to click ok.
3.I just press a button A in this case on Pro Controller and it syncs up.

Pro Controllers are basically WiiMotes as far as WiiU is concerned.

I use Official WiiU Pro Controller or a 3rd Party GameCube Controller Adapter and GameCube Controllers.

You cant use Pro or GameCube Controllers via Wii Inject only GameCube Nintendont I am not sure about Fake 3rd Party Pro Controllers but the above works.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I too would like to know if it is possible to use WiiU pro controllers for Wii games. Any injections of software for this?

Also what is the best way to make vWii region free? I have acquired Skyward Sword PAL copy and want to play it on my US WiiU.

Arcadeguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK. Thanks guys. I guess the problem is that my wii u pro controller is a fake one.
Will get an original soon and test again.
But it is very sad that we have to use the Wiimote everytime just to click the "no"-Button... :(

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you could do to play Wii games with a Wii U pro controller would be to get this adapter that can be connected to the bottom of your Wiimote (though it's meant for the NES and SNES Minis): https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes-sfc-classic/ and then connect any bluetooth controller to it including a Wii U Pro Controller, and the Wii/Wii U will recognize the Wii U pro controller as a Wii pro controller. This does mean that rumble wont work of course.

Likewise, you can use these adapters to connect Gamecube controllers to a Wiimote and be read like a Wii Classic Controller: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-White/dp/B00YH3NWTW this too means that rumble wont work because the GC controller is being recognized as a Wii Classic Controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK. Thanks guys. I guess the problem is that my wii u pro controller is a fake one.
Will get an original soon and test again.
But it is very sad that we have to use the Wiimote everytime just to click the "no"-Button... :(

I hate to be that guy, but you don't need the Wiimote to hit No, you can hit No with the Gamepad, either with the d-pad and buttons or simply touching the no button on the screen. What you need the Wiimote for is to state how you want to set the displays (Just the TV, just the Gamepad display, or the TV and Gamepad). Still annoying all the same though.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Rocker_89

starsi360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry to revive an old post but a quick question please;

I am using VC injected gamecube games directly from the Wii U homescreen, when launched they ask if i want to use the gamepad. If I get a pro controller and sync it with my Wii U in the system menu, can I use the Gamepad a player 1 and the pro controller as player 2?

The reason I ask is that I have a wiimote synced fine with the Wii U but when launching a gamecube game it drops off and wont reconnect in any way and I'm wondering if the pro controller will do the same?

TL;DL Can i play injected VC gamecube games on Wii U with the gamepad as P1 and a wii U pro controller as P2?

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The reason I ask is that I have a wiimote synced fine with the Wii U but when launching a gamecube game it drops off and wont reconnect in any way and I'm wondering if the pro controller will do the same?

TL;DL Can i play injected VC gamecube games on Wii U with the gamepad as P1 and a wii U pro controller as P2?

You can play multiplayer, in general, the reason why the wiimotes disconnect is they don't have enough buttons to play GC games so Nintendont gets rid of them, you'll notice that if you connect a Nunchuck or Wii Classic/Pro Controller to them will let them connect as normal, so you don't have to worry about not being able to play multiolayer sith both gamepad and any other controller.

Anyways I don't own a WiiU Pro Controller myself so just try with it.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I added Pro controller support to a homebrew and while doing so I noticed the following:
The Wii U createa a virtual Wii mote for the Pro controller and connects it as a Wii extension. To talk to the controller from a programm/games point of view you're able to use it a Pro controller extension which allows you to use all buttons or as a Classic controller extension, allowing only things the classic controller is technically able to do. So as others said every Wii game should see the Pro controller as a Classic controller and just use it alike.
Now the thing with rumble is that you need to let the virtual Wii mote the Pro controller is connected to rumble. I don't think there's any game letting the Wii mote a classic controller is connected to vibrate but maybe game patching would be possible?

Reactions: Tur7L3

Rocker_89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
What you could do to play Wii games with a Wii U pro controller would be to get this adapter that can be connected to the bottom of your Wiimote (though it's meant for the NES and SNES Minis): https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes-sfc-classic/ and then connect any bluetooth controller to it including a Wii U Pro Controller, and the Wii/Wii U will recognize the Wii U pro controller as a Wii pro controller. This does mean that rumble wont work of course.

Likewise, you can use these adapters to connect Gamecube controllers to a Wiimote and be read like a Wii Classic Controller: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-White/dp/B00YH3NWTW this too means that rumble wont work because the GC controller is being recognized as a Wii Classic Controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hate to be that guy, but you don't need the Wiimote to hit No, you can hit No with the Gamepad, either with the d-pad and buttons or simply touching the no button on the screen. What you need the Wiimote for is to state how you want to set the displays (Just the TV, just the Gamepad display, or the TV and Gamepad). Still annoying all the same though.
Hi Mates , im wondering if i can for example use ( 8bitdo ) : 8BitDo USB Receiver Wireless Adapter Transmitter , to my WII U console ,
and connect my DS4 to play injected GC games on with it ,
actually im play GC injected games by connecting DS4 controller with usb cable,
so i need a solution so play GC games with DS4 wirelessly .

Lodey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added Pro controller support to a homebrew and while doing so I noticed the following:
The Wii U createa a virtual Wii mote for the Pro controller and connects it as a Wii extension. To talk to the controller from a programm/games point of view you're able to use it a Pro controller extension which allows you to use all buttons or as a Classic controller extension, allowing only things the classic controller is technically able to do. So as others said every Wii game should see the Pro controller as a Classic controller and just use it alike.
Now the thing with rumble is that you need to let the virtual Wii mote the Pro controller is connected to rumble. I don't think there's any game letting the Wii mote a classic controller is connected to vibrate but maybe game patching would be possible?

Sorry to necropost this, but the methods here don't seem to work. I'm attempting to load Baten Kaitos and I go through the methods here, select no on Wii U gamepad, use Wiimote to start the game, then press A on my Wii U controller, however, it puts it in port 2 and I can't use it. How do I fix this?

filevans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to necropost this, but the methods here don't seem to work. I'm attempting to load Baten Kaitos and I go through the methods here, select no on Wii U gamepad, use Wiimote to start the game, then press A on my Wii U controller, however, it puts it in port 2 and I can't use it. How do I fix this?
you could disable the wii u gamepad before launching vwii / nintendont

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1