Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyman said:
QUOTE said:
Oh, MultiGame ain't my thing too, it's just I'm low on DVDs right now, only DVD9 =)
...but they don't work with the loader. At least, I couldn't get them to work.

GCOS Multi game disc creator supports DVD9 AFAIK. Are you sure that the loader can't handle them, too?

QUOTEWhat is the best tool to create Multi game discs and which formats are supported (e.g. gcm, iso)?
I currently use "MultiGameISOCreator.exe". It shrinks games, it has a user-friendly UI and it worked every time. It can open both GCM and ISO files [Which, btw, are the same. You just change the extension.

Does MultiGameISOCreator.exe also support DVD9? BTW, I know that gcm can be renamed to iso, but is this necessary? From your post I read that it isn't and that the Backup Loader can handle gcm and iso files, is this right?
MultiGameISOCreator.exe DOES work with DVD9 (Just like GCOS Multigame Loader), and I had no problem making the ISO file and burning it. The problem is Wiigator's Loader itself, it will not read the burned DVD9. Tried it twice with 2 diferent DVD9. It even started making some weird stuff onscreen, like greenbars on the loader itself (Before booting the game, which I could because the loader would not detect the DVD)
Yeah, you can just use the gcm files with MultiGameISOCreator.exe, no need to rename/change the extension. I just said that because some people ask if they can 'convert' gcto to iso and stuff like that... =P

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiGator said:
Both patched MIOS support loading of GameCube DOLs over memory from Wii mode. "rungcbackup" loads "gcbackuplauncher" this way. Any in the MIOS inlcuded "gcbackuplauncher" will not start.

How to have both my and Waninkokos loader:

1. Install Waninkokos cMIOS

Now you can:
a. Use Waninkokos multiloader, the Wii Backup Launcher or the disc channel. You will use Waninkokos "gc-loader".
b. Use my "gcbackuplauncher" by starting "rungcbackup".

How is the GC Homebrew loading possible?
If I installed waninoko's cMIOS is it possible to uninstall with WiiGator's MIOS Patcher?

kilgoretraut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to the compatibility wiki: Unlike claims there, both NTSC-U Baten Kaitos and Killer 7 work for me when loaded using the B button (mios patcher) option. Initially, I did experience the red screen error mentioned in the PAL version of Killer 7 on the wiki, but running from/with Mios patcher fixed the issue entirely.

Edit: Also, Killer7 might appear to freeze on the initial green screen, but patience proves that the game loads properly after a fairly considerable delay (maybe 10 seconds).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kilgoretraut said:
To add to the compatibility wiki: Unlike claims there, both NTSC-U Baten Kaitos and Killer 7 work for me when loaded using the B button (mios patcher) option. Initially, I did experience the red screen error mentioned in the PAL version of Killer 7 on the wiki, but running from/with Mios patcher fixed the issue entirely.

Edit: Also, Killer7 might appear to freeze on the initial green screen, but patience proves that the game loads properly after a fairly considerable delay (maybe 10 seconds).
You don't need to post that here
You can edit the wiki yourself

HaXXeR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone else having a strange problem with the R button not working properly? It only triggers when i push it all the way down and then it only registers as a slight touch.

It seems this only occurs with the games loaded with this, the original games work fine so it's probably not the controller.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HaXXeR said:
Anyone else having a strange problem with the R button not working properly? It only triggers when i push it all the way down and then it only registers as a slight touch.

It seems this only occurs with the games loaded with this, the original games work fine so it's probably not the controller.

Did u press the R-Button while the game started?
The Cube callibrated the Controler while booting up.
So if u pressed the analog sticks of buttons
the might be not in their right positions (decallibrated).

Try pressing X+Y+start+select for 3 Seconds in the game...
This should re-callibrate the controller.

kilgoretraut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added my comments about Killer 7 and the original Baten Kaitos but they were both edited away almost instantly. I really think that people who are unable to properly install the necessary files and burn to good media should somehow be screened from the wiki process. Just kidding there, but I'm a little bitter that my experience is somehow invalidated by someone who I really suspect isn't following instructions.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You never added the Killer 7 comments, I just checked what you did. The Betan Kaitors comments are still there.

And people RARELY read the rules around here, someone just posted a new game and started the confirmed at 1, when no one has actually confirmed it (So it should be at 0)

And Kilgoretraut, I'm guessing on what you did since no one else edited the Baten Kaitor section anytime soon.

kilgoretraut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Golfman

I did edit properly and saw that the changes were made. More recently I noticed a new set of changes including the removal of my data and went back to edit again. During the edit the wiki informed me that someone else was editing the same section simultaneously, so I bowed out and will wait until later to add more info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn