Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

omanish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.4U Wii and I followed a guide on another website to install Backup Loader for this firmware. And at the end of the guide I installed 4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad

I wasn't sure if this had the 002 fix so I unistalled 4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad through the wad manager v1.3 and installed BackupLauncher_03g_Wiiish_v3_EN.wad
and backup games are working. But when I access the menu by pressing 1 through autoboot is still says 0.3g-forsaekn in the about section. Did I do something wrong here?

Also in the HBC channel in the right corner it says 1.0.1 and underneath that it says IOS36 v4.18.

Are these the most current versions? Should I update if I don't have any problems?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omanish said:
I have a 3.4U Wii and I followed a guide on another website to install Backup Loader for this firmware. And at the end of the guide I installed 4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad

I wasn't sure if this had the 002 fix so I unistalled 4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad through the wad manager v1.3 and installed BackupLauncher_03g_Wiiish_v3_EN.wad
and backup games are working. But when I access the menu by pressing 1 through autoboot is still says 0.3g-forsaekn in the about section. Did I do something wrong here?

Also in the HBC channel in the right corner it says 1.0.1 and underneath that it says IOS36 v4.18.

Are these the most current versions? Should I update if I don't have any problems?

A lot of people take For's loader and edit it to add in the 002 fix.
I really cant say what version you have , only you can say that.
If it works , stop worrying , but in future only get your wads on here because a lot of sites give bad guides and bad wads and its impossible to troubleshoot if we dont know the sources are good.

omanish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
omanish said:

A lot of people take For's loader and edit it to add in the 002 fix.
I really cant say what version you have , only you can say that.
If it works , stop worrying , but in future only get your wads on here because a lot of sites give bad guides and bad wads and its impossible to troubleshoot if we dont know the sources are good.

This is what I followed:

"Users with firmware version 3.4

Make sure Internet is configured correctly on your wii, but NEVER Patch when nintendo asks you to.

* Start the homebrew channel.
* Start wad manager v1.3 and install “1 - IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad”
* After installing, reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
* Now start Wad manager for cIOS_fix and install the wad “2 - cios_fix.wad”
* Start IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1, follow the on-screen instructions and reboot your wii after everything is ready.
* Go to the homebrew channel and press dvdxinstaller
* Go to advanced and select IOS 249
* Reboot your wii after installing, and go back to the homebrew channel.
* Press CIOS Installer and follow on-screen instructions
* After installing reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
* Open Wad manager, and install “4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad”

This method worked for me. But what are the steps I need to do get back and start using wads from here? And what do I need to install or unistall to start using cIOS 36 Rev 08 etc? Or should I just leave it alone for now?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ohhh god love ya
Thats the file that messes things up for people - DVDx caused me more headaches than i can remember - i even changed my signature to reflect it for the last 3 months.

It said : if you installed DVDx then you have fucked up - the guide doesnt work , get a new guide and start again.

i only changed it again this week.

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I'm having a real nightmare getting the Wii to see my harddrive i.e. it doesn't!

I'm using Waninkoko 1.4, Cios rev 10, system update 4.0u (which was safely updated using this: http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html guide). US machine.

USB HD is Freecom 250gb which requires an external power supply.

However I keep getting this message when I hook it up and run the usbloader:

[+] mounting device, please wait....
(30 Second time out)

ERROR! (ret = - 1)

I've been messing around all day with different versions of the USB loader, formatting the drive via the WBFSmanager first, trying to let the Wii format the drive, changing usb slots, was on Cios 9 then went to 10 etc but nothing.

Any ideas/suggestions would be gratefully received
smile.gif

omanish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Ohhh god love ya
Thats the file that messes things up for people - DVDx caused me more headaches than i can remember - i even changed my signature to reflect it for the last 3 months.

It said : if you installed DVDx then you have fucked up - the guide doesnt work , get a new guide and start again.

So where do I go from here? How do I unistall DVDx and what about the things I installed from that guide? Note that guide work for me and I was able to play backup games but I guess DVDx wasn't needed in the newer versions of the gamma from searching on the forums.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chooch81 said:
Guys I'm having a real nightmare getting the Wii to see my harddrive i.e. it doesn't!

I'm using Waninkoko 1.4, Cios rev 10, system update 4.0u (which was safely updated using this: http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html guide). US machine.

USB HD is Freecom 250gb which requires an external power supply.

However I keep getting this message when I hook it up and run the usbloader:

[+] mounting device, please wait....
(30 Second time out)

ERROR! (ret = - 1)

I've been messing around all day with different versions of the USB loader, formatting the drive via the WBFSmanager first, trying to let the Wii format the drive, changing usb slots, was on Cios 9 then went to 10 etc but nothing.

Any ideas/suggestions would be gratefully received
smile.gif

Uninstall ios249 using any title deleter and re-install cios10 afterwards.
Once thats done try waninkokos usb 1.5 loader.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omanish said:
djtaz said:
Ohhh god love ya

So where do I go from here? How do I unistall DVDx and what about the things I installed from that guide? Note that guide work for me and I was able to play backup games but I guess DVDx wasn't needed in the newer versions of the gamma from searching on the forums.

You will have to do a lot of looking aroound here - whoever made the other guide , ask them how to uninstall it.

omanish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
omanish said:
djtaz said:
Ohhh god love ya

You will have to do a lot of looking aroound here - whoever made the other guide , ask them how to uninstall it.

Can you tell me if I'm going in the right direction? I am still on 3.4U so I run Wad manager v1.3 and unistalll Back loader Gamma wad then run dvdxinstaller through HBC and unistall it there. Then reset and and use Any Title Deleter on IOS 249. Now what do I do with the steps that made me install “1 - IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad”, “2 - cios_fix.wad”, IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1?

Wait dvdxinstaller is different than dvdx right?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html

have a read of that - ther files required are listed there , but i dont have them online any more due to someone trying to see the pack i did on a website.

have a read - no mention of any dvdx or dvdx installer - its not required since october 2008 and makes a mess of any system - please do lots of research of you will end up with a brick and not a wii.

THFC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help appreciated.

The wbfs managers (tried lots) fail to work properly on Vista 32 Ultimate

Under Xp everything works fine and the harddrive with games is W:

Works in Wii too.

Plug into my vista machine (The one i have games on and use most) drive is now f: not w: and nothing works on here at all

Errors with any WBFs manager i try

3 days of reformatting etc and no success on the vista machine

Windows is updated fully

Solution below in post 2027

Gbatemp.net

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im using it on a vista machine and it works prefectly - which tool are you using and what version ?
Also , this isnt a loader issue so you have posted it in the wrong thread.

THFC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry 4 posting in the wrong area

used 2.2.2 of wbfs manager

used various others too - all come up with errors under Vista

Cannot understand why under xp the drive is w: and under vista is F: reformatted and primary partition.

Vista no good Xp - fine

Now posted in this newbie section

kegsie

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

i am having problems with the gamma backup launcher on a friends wii (works perfectly on mine).
i followed the guide found on this site and upgraded from 3.1e to 3.2e, installed ios16, ciosfix etc etc and have got the loader channel on the wii menu, when i click on it however, the wii just resets. i have tried to remove ios 249 with anytitle deleter and have tried removing all by hitting the uninstall on the wad managers, i have then started again but to no avail. i have tried the launcher from the sd card via HBC, and that loads up without incident, they just like the convenience (if you like) of only clicking the one button to load, just like on mine

hope someone can help, the only other thing i can think of doing is to remove all again, downgrade back to 3.1 and try the lot from the start, but not sure if that is possible or if this itself may cause more problems.

many thanks for any help

cheers

kegsie

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kegsie said:
hi,

i am having problems with the gamma backup launcher on a friends wii (works perfectly on mine).
i followed the guide found on this site and upgraded from 3.1e to 3.2e, installed ios16, ciosfix etc etc and have got the loader channel on the wii menu, when i click on it however, the wii just resets. i have tried to remove ios 249 with anytitle deleter and have tried removing all by hitting the uninstall on the wad managers, i have then started again but to no avail. i have tried the launcher from the sd card via HBC, and that loads up without incident, they just like the convenience (if you like) of only clicking the one button to load, just like on mine

hope someone can help, the only other thing i can think of doing is to remove all again, downgrade back to 3.1 and try the lot from the start, but not sure if that is possible or if this itself may cause more problems.

many thanks for any help

cheers

kegsie

You skipped or errored in step
11. Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
run that again and try it again.

kegsie

Trophies
XP
Country
hi djtaz and thanks for the quick reply,

i had tried to do this a couple of times prior to posting but thought i had better try again, no loading goes on it just states press any button to restart and after a few seconds restarts the wii

is there something else i am missing?

thanks again

cheers

kegsie

kegsie

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for that mate, but i am online with the wii (wireless network), the ios downgrader goes through the network intialisation and shows me my network address, but still won't do anything, if i was to put the wii back on to 3.1e and then start the process again, do you think this would work, or am i better off calling it a day and telling them that they will have to boot via the hbc

many thanks

kegsie

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not really sure why your wii wont do that , but that step puts the trucha bug back onto the wii , and if you dont have that bug you cant install wads properly.
You must have skipped a step before that for this not to be working , or it must have errored and you ignored it, but until you get that step working your pretty much stuck.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
lol I figured out my problem.
I was plugging my USB thing directly to the wii.

It was causing interference it would seem as wi-fi works after I put it on an extension cable. ^^
Due to there being no moving parts like in a hard drive, I didn't expect that to be possible.. >.>;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=laLZzpaM8uZLmYXO +1