Hacking Wii Disc Drive

M1r0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably never going to do cIOScrap, just wondering why if it would work... Is it because newer games reload IOS?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
M1r0 said:
I'm probably never going to do cIOScrap, just wondering why if it would work... Is it because newer games reload IOS?
No, that's not the reason (there aren't many IOS-Reloading games anyways, you can count them with both of your hands).

As I said before, newer games "check" (hopefully I got this right) if they are launched from the requested IOS, and if they aren't, they'll give the error #002. See Wiibrew:
QUOTETypically, if a game that requires this IOS is started without it (via brickblocker or a Starfall update skip, for example), then the screen will turn blue and a white-text error message "Error #002" will appear. The Conduit behaves somewhat differently as it will simply display a black screen before freezing.
Loaders patch this error, when loading via the Priiloader-Method you don't, the game sees that you aren't using the requested IOS, and gives an Error/Blacks out (and no, you can't make a Priiloader-Hack that patches it). At least that's my guess, I'm not 100% shure. Could also be another reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?