Hardware Wii *chip retailers, prices and reviews

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed on Futura site that they have an option to redeem a coupon code when you are about to place an order.
Would anyone happen to know any universal codes that can be used more than once? Could you please let me know what it is, or where I can find one?
Thanks.

joedodgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
re the couple of comments regarding AceGameStore.. I got some wiikeys from there, work fine.. they were shipping out preorders yesterday.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just got my wiinja V2 from futura. They were pretty nice and responded to questions promptly. The shipping took 2 weeks though, which isnt great. But i guess thats the price of free shipping

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
dropped off my wii at gamefix today for a install (im a soldering noob and aren't goin to risk stuffin it up). cost me 150 installed (bit more then i wanted to pay)... ill let everyone know how it goes when i get it back tuesday... fyi gamefix are in adelaide, australia (hxxp://www.gamefix.com.au)

ForceXT

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone ordered from Ozmodchips before? I see them on the official resellers list but just wanted to check. Otherwise, any other installers on the gold coast area?? (Australia)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woolly, found another retailer for both the WiiKey and Cyclowiz, they are Australian and I've dealt with them successfully before on 2 occasions.
AceGameStore
$60 AU for either chip with free shipping in Australia sounds like a nice deal.
I'll be ordering a WiiKey from them myself.

Just ordered myself a Wiikey from Acegamestore.

I will post my feedback soon.

I'll be contacting you soon shtonkalot RE install!
grog.gif

Krnz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
How legal is the wiikey in the USA?

From what I read, it does not contain a copyrighted bios (like the xbox ones), so I assume they are legal to play import games?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
got my wii back from gamefix today, the wiikey is fantastic and they did a great job installing (there is no obvious scratches on my wii from trying to get to the screws) and everythin is as tight and rattle proof as when i dropped it in! they also did a wire install, while 150 was a lot for the install, at least it all works and im happy
smile.gif

Dooz

Dolor Æterna
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
I bought my Wiinja from Futura Online on Febuary 2nd. It is now March 7th, and I have still not seen my modchip. I emailed them a question as to why there is such a hold-up, and they directed me to a Spanish tracking website that said they shipped on the 20th of Febuary.

Why on earth would it take 18 days to ship a modchip?

Hopefully the chip will arrive soon enough, and I will never deal with Futura again. The wait is rediculous.

jaro

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wiinja v2 from Futura has been at my post office, with a status of "arrival at unit" since yesterday morning and the fact I don't have it yet is pissing me off.  Obviously not Futura's fault, but it sucks.

Just reading back through the last few pages is comforting too see im not alone with being annoyed with Futura.

I order a wiinja v1 back on Feb 10, apparantly it was shipped on Feb 13... fair enough.
No tracking number was given until i hasseled them on msn.
Then the tracking number they gave me only had 13 digits... more hassling led to me finally getting the full 14 digit number.

Fast foward Feb 23 I give up with futura and purchase a wiinja v2, great service quick emails went and picked it up in person from http://www.ozmodchips.com/
bow.gif

I still havent seen my wiinja v1 from futura so after 19 days waiting on an item thats supposed to be shipped in 6-10 days ive filed a claim with paypal... we'll see how it goes
mad.gif

Just an update on this, paypal dispute got settled in my favour.
Its been a month and the modchip has not arrived. The tracking site has never been updated, since my orginal query.

Glad I got my money back, won't be deailing with futura again.
lecture.gif

jaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ordered from Ozmodchips before? I see them on the official resellers list but just wanted to check. Otherwise, any other installers on the gold coast area?? (Australia)
I got great service with ozmodchips, replied to emails with an hour, gave me his mobile phone to call to answer all my questions.

Also shipping within Australia is obviously much quicker than shipping from O/S

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To the other person from the US who is waiting, try plugging your tracking number into the usps site. When I do this, it says the arrival at unit message. I still haven't received the chip though, but I sent off an email to the Postal Service (since I'm new to the area, not sure which post office would have it anyway), and supposedly they're looking into it.

I just ordered a Wiinja deluxe a few days ago instead, but I kind of need the Tri-wing from the futura order, regardless.

Dooz

Dolor Æterna
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
To the other person from the US who is waiting, try plugging your tracking number into the usps site. When I do this, it says the arrival at unit message. I still haven't received the chip though, but I sent off an email to the Postal Service (since I'm new to the area, not sure which post office would have it anyway), and supposedly they're looking into it.

I just ordered a Wiinja deluxe a few days ago instead, but I kind of need the Tri-wing from the futura order, regardless.
God dammit.

The site says they left a notice on my door for the package on the 21st of Febuary, but I never received it. I can't go post office to pick it up, because I don't have proof that it's mine.

Thanks for the help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2