Hardware Wii Brick Killed

Tomobobo

Champion.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I killed my Wii's power brick. I was trying to turn on a wii that i had just modded without the faceplate on it, and I accidentally shorted something near the power button. I was trying to turn it on using my screwdriver, and I touched something (wasn't paying much attention) and the red light just shut off. Plugged the cord into my Wii because I thought that I had killed this poor guys Wii, and was going to have to give him mine, but my Wii was having the same issue.

Luckily it's still in warranty and I'll just get a new one, unless there's some super easy fix that someone knows about that doesn't require opening the brick up, hahah.

Also, it's pro that if the Wii shorts out, it doesn't have a fuse in the Wii itself, but in the power brick, so you don't have to send it in to get it fixed if you don't know how. You can just go buy an offbrand brick for 30 bucks (christ). That sucked.

Tomobobo

Champion.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damned. It's not dead, it's just had the temporary fuse tripped. I just called Nintendo to see if I could just get a new power brick, and while going through the menus to get to someone I learned some really awesome information.

If you ever have a power surge or a short somehow with your Wii, and your power light won't turn on, try "resetting" the power cable/brick. Just unplug it from the Wii and the wall for 2 minutes, and plug it back in. How awesome. Nintendo is the best company in the world.

Take that madcatz.

WrathofGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thats funny heh. Good luck with that
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox