Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I've just moved it to http://www.4shared.com/file/JKC0heB7/WiiBa...r036-beta1.html

Edit: Ah. It's still the same link.
smile.gif
It's moved to the main folder though..

The reason it was there was because it was supposed to be a private beta for testing, then I decided to release it. I really should've repackaged it.

I've been thinking about the versioning I've been using. I wish I'd used SVN from the start so that I could've just had revision numbers, but it's a bit late to change it now.
smile.gif
From now on I won't have any betas, since really every release is a beta. I'll just increment the version number each time for public releases, with betas only during testing.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I recently added code that allows the broken ISOs to be used. As long as the game partition is valid, it should work as normal, just with a few errors/warnings in the log. The broken partitions are ignored when transferring, so the resulting file will essentially be fixed. That will be in the next release.

To get the release out quicker, I'll just get the basic database stuff working and work on it more for the release after..

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
If you're in a hurry for it, you could probably use wit to fix the ISO. It's worth a try anyway.

A commandline something like this will make a copy of the ISO with just the data/game partition. Just replace the source and destination paths.

wit.exe copy --iso -s e:\SSBB.iso -d f:\ --psel DATA

After that it should work without errors.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! You might also want to edit the first post in this thread, because that's where most people look for new versions.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I've just finished the language file generator.
smile.gif

There's a new function in the language menu for this; "Update language strings". This allows anyone with old language files to automatically update them to contain the strings for the current version of WBM. So if you have a personal language file, you don't need to wade through it to add/remove strings. You just need to translate the new ones after the update.

Hard coded text is parsed from my source files and a "langstrings.txt" is saved for when users run the update. The rest of the strings are generated on the fly from the interface controls themselves, so you'll noticed that the interface gets temporarily switched to English.

This is one of the handiest bits of code I've done. I can update the language files in less than a second and it's pretty much guaranteed to have all the relevant text.
smile.gif
Before a release, I just need to click "Update language strings" instead of spending hours making sure I haven't missed anything.

About the versioning I mentioned before. I decided to add a build number to the end of the version. So instead of releasing betas, I'll just release new builds of the same version. eg. 0.3.6 build 20, 0.3.6 build 25,...,... The version number is automatically updated in the about dialog now too, so another thing I can just forget about.

The new email address is [email protected] because of the new feedback dialog. I've no idea how many bug reports I'll get, since it can be anonymous and it's so quick and easy to do.

The next release will be as soon as I get some half decent functionality with the database. Or I could maybe even disable that for a quicker release, to buy some time to work on it. It could be a good idea since there's a few new features and bug fixes already, as well as the translation files being updated.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a request for a feature

When exporting the games list can you add the option to sort the games by alphabetically ,size,region ext...

I believe when you export the list now it goes by the games ID.
Only option i really want it sort alphabetically but if your going to add it then you might as well add the other options if its even possible.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
The next release will be as soon as I get some half decent functionality with the database. Or I could maybe even disable that for a quicker release, to buy some time to work on it. It could be a good idea since there's a few new features and bug fixes already, as well as the translation files being updated.
i would prefer more often builds, so each one can test and you
get sooner report if all is working fine, befor eyou switch over to another feature inside

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Don't know if this was mentioned before (too lazy to wade though 102 pages), but when I try to extract password protected RAR-files it doesn't ask me for the password.

Not a big problem I can extract first and then later use WBM for .WBFS conversion, but I thought it might be a bit more convinient if WBM had this option.

Hi fig. Did you miss my post ?
smile.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@WalkerOfTheDay
I already had the password dialog in an older version, but it wasn't working very well with the threads. I could do it now with the code I have, so I'll add it to the todo list. When the archives are added to the file list, the dialog will pop up for each password. This password will then be stored so you don't need to enter the password again. I could maybe even store known passwords in a file so you only ever need to enter them once.

Here's 0.3.6 build 42. I'll add it to the OP in a while, I need to finish making dinner.
smile.gif

Change log
|-Added: You can add gamecube ISOs on the files page, but transfers are broken so they're not usable yet.
|-fixed: Loads of little things.
|-Disabled: All database stuff for now. If you want a little preview run WBM with a "testdb" parameter. Stick the WiiTDB.xml in the app folder to use it.
|-Added: Some new language files and export template for HTML.
|-Added: You can quickly send the current language file via the feedback form. Send me new/updated translations. The original author has priority when it comes to updating.
|-Added: "Update language strings" in the language menu. Automatically generate language strings and update existing files in the language folder. It adds/removes strings so that the files are ready to translate for the current version of WBM.
|-Added: Version info in the about dialog is automatically updated and now includes a build number.
|-Changed: Debug level now only applies to what you want to see in the log. The log file will always contain "Full debug" information.
|-Changed: Email adress in about dialog to [email protected], which is also used for the feedback form.
|-Added: Feedback form to report bugs etc. in Help->Feedback menu. You can also attach the current log.
|-Changed: Totally rewrote the logging system. Logs are saved to file in real time, in case of a crash the log will still be available.
|-Added: Ability to use Wii discs that have invalid entries in the partition tables. Only a bad game partition is considered to be a fatal error now.
|-fixed: UTF-8 loading/saving wasn't working since changing the app to unicode. It should work better than ever now, with all characters displayed correctly.
|-Changed: GameID_Title.txt file is created when using only the game ID as the naming style. Any other setting doesn't need it.
|-Added: Naming conventions for files, just the same as folders. So you can store all the files in one folder and rename to "Title [GameID].wbfs" etc.
|-Added: Database viewer page. Browse all know games in the WiiTDB database.
|-Added: WiiTDB.xml support. When updated, the xml is converted to a faster database structure. WiiTDB.db and WiiTDB.idx files are created.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Like I mentioned before, I'm dropping the "beta" label from now on. Each new version should be more stable than the last, unless I broke something. New features could be considered beta, but hopefully won't affect normal use. I do test everything as much as possible, but I'm only human.
smile.gif

If you find something wrong, just post it here, or use the new feedback form in the help menu to send me the log etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw