Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
@WiiNero & everyone else too..
Damn, the read-only stuff I added to r5 breaks writing to WBFS files. I forgot that the first file is re-opened to write the header after being trimmed. It's re-opened as read-only so you get an "access denied" error. What a twat I am.
wacko.gif

@drcrappants
1. Unless you have the needed PC drive, it's best to consider original Wii discs to be readable only on the Wii.
2. I'll be implementing it as soon as I can. There's always something that crops up to delay that part.
smile.gif

3. .wbfs works on FAT32 and NTFS, ISO on NTFS only due to the 4 Gig limit on FAT32.
4. For using backups the PC is probably faster, Wii for original discs.
5. I'm not sure. You do need IOS 222 v4 though, like WiiNero said a few posts back.

r6 ?

drcrappants

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
Damn, the read-only stuff I added to r5 breaks writing to WBFS files. I forgot that the first file is re-opened to write the header after being trimmed. It's re-opened as read-only so you get an "access denied" error. What a twat I am.
wacko.gif

@drcrappants
1. Unless you have the needed PC drive, it's best to consider original Wii discs to be readable only on the Wii.
2. I'll be implementing it as soon as I can. There's always something that crops up to delay that part.
smile.gif

3. .wbfs works on FAT32 and NTFS, ISO on NTFS only due to the 4 Gig limit on FAT32.
4. For using backups the PC is probably faster, Wii for original discs.
5. I'm not sure. You do need IOS 222 v4 though, like WiiNero said a few posts back.
thanks. as for #3, if u scrubbed an iso to

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fig2k4 said:
wacko.gif
If i transfer with r4 i don't get the access denied error, but still following error if i open the splitted wbfs files:
(WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Invalid HD sector count. Try enabling force mode.

All games transfered with r4 and splitted wbfs files are broken ...

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiNero said:
fig2k4 said:
wacko.gif
If i transfer with r4 i don't get the access denied error, but still following error if i open the splitted wbfs files:
(WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Invalid HD sector count. Try enabling force mode.

It happens again...

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I think you meant r5 there.. If not, you're obviously trying to open files that were previously transferred using r5. r4 doesn't have that problem, it was only a silly error in r5 which took about 2 seconds to fix, uncommenting 2 lines of code.

I've tested r4 and there's nothing wrong with WBFS file transfers. Full scrubbing mode works as it should too. I used a 2 gig split on FAT32 with resident Evil 4.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Can you PM me the log with your settings? Or just attach the exported HTML log file to an email and send it that way. I just want to make sure I have my settings exactly like yours when testing, it could make all the difference.
smile.gif

Edit: I just tried SSBB with r4. 4 gig split on NTFS. I didn't find any problems.

ubernode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, I'll say I love this program and have been using it, well, for a while now. Keep up the good work!

When are you going to code in a feature to allow storing the folders that are scanned for games, so that I don't have to do it *every* time I load up the program?

And when will the 'export' feature re-appear? I'd love to be able to export my game list to excel to capture the title and game codes so that I can share my listing with friends.

Thanks again for the hard work!!

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fig, i've checked r4 again and splitted wbfs files are working. You are right, it was my mistake, only in r5 they are broken. Sorry!

Thanks, ...

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the Cover downloader come back in the V0.3 versions? And could you support different usb-loaders with this feature? Would help all these guys who didn't have internet on their wiis.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the chances of either the source code of this or a wine/mono version for us non-windows users? the program starts up fine with wine, but doesn't let you select a drive so idk if anything else works.

nevermind. i got it now. using the custom folder thing lets it work. and it appears to run ok. i got it extracting games to ISO in a virtual machine just fine.
smile.gif
it just thinks that all drives are NTFS. but if i keep that in mind and use some common sense,this will work out just fine.

screenshotwiibackupmana.png

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiNero said:
fig, i've checked r4 again and splitted wbfs files are working. You are right, it was my mistake, only in r5 they are broken. Sorry!

Thanks, ...

I didn't know r 5 was broken! I had downloaded it, but luckily i read this before actually using it! thx

QUOTE(Chrnosclock @ Feb 3 2010, 09:50 PM) Will the Cover downloader come back in the V0.3 versions? And could you support different usb-loaders with this feature? Would help all these guys who didn't have internet on their wiis.

cover downloader is coming back eventually (just be patient a little while longer!), fig2k4 is working on functionality first and foremost (which i think is a good idea
biggrin.gif
). And when its implemented again, it will support all usb loaders (they all use the same image files). The only thing u would have to do is make sure u save the images in the right place (or fig2k4 would have to allow us to customize the image paths, which i think sounds like something he would do eventually)

in the meantime, u can use this program to download covers using your pc (or u can always use wii game manager to get your covers, then use wii backup manager to transfer games if u prefer using WMB).

You may have to manually move the pics to the right folders for them to work with ur usb loader

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I thought it might be worth reporting ... using 0.3.4r4 i did a copy of my entire wbfs partition to another drive/wbfs partition ... WBFS -> WBFS ... after testing a few games to check that they copied ok I noticed that Super Smash Bros. Brawl did not copy properly ... every time I tried running the copy I got the following error msg in configUSBloader v51 "Ubfs panic : malloc fst" and my Wii would lock up/crash ... so it looks to me like backup manager seems to have a problem coping this particular game correctly (and in turn maybe others?) which makes me wary of using it !!! ... I reverted back to using WBFS Manager 3.0 (by AlexDP) and all copied games ran ok!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r3dcat said:
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I thought it might be worth reporting ... using 0.3.4r4 i did a copy of my entire wbfs partition to another drive/wbfs partition ... WBFS -> WBFS ... after testing a few games to check that they copied ok I noticed that Super Smash Bros. Brawl did not copy properly ... every time I tried running the copy I got the following error msg "Ubfs panic : malloc fst" and my Wii would lock up/crash ... so it looks to me like backup manager seems to have an issue coping this particular game correctly (and in turn maybe others?) which makes me wary of using it !!! ... I reverted back to using WBFS Manager 3.0 (by AlexDP) and all copied games ran ok!

This kind of fundamental function is what I always focus on. But is kept disappointed.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the game image and see what partitions are really there. that game has like 12 partitions. make sure the actual game is really there to be played.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@r3dcat
r5 had fixes for SSBB and other discs with so many partitions, but I messed up WBFS files with the read only stuff. Both will be fully working in the next version. I'd recommend using r4 just now, and if you need to copy SSBB, use "game Only" for the partitions to keep option.

@TeenTin
Anyone else hear an echo in here? LOL

About my progress..
I eventually fixed the inline editors in the listview control's source. Now I just need to code the rest of that now. Translations seem to be working OK. So far, I've got English, French, Brazilian Portuguese and German. If anyone else wants to give it a go, send me a PM. I'll try to get as many languages included as possible for the next release.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fig2k4 said:
About my progress..
I eventually fixed the inline editors in the listview control's source. Now I just need to code the rest of that now. Translations seem to be working OK. So far, I've got English, French, Brazilian Portuguese and German. If anyone else wants to give it a go, send me a PM. I'll try to get as many languages included as possible for the next release.

you've got a PM
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ BananaGuy259: monkey