fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Cheers, I'll make the changes.

Just so you know.. It'll be a couple of days before I release anything else because the new progress panels and multi-tasking idea will require a major overhaul.
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using the last dol you posted i get the phantom transfer thing. here are screens and log from after i tried to transfer the games. Trying to copy 3 games from drive 1 to drive 2.
14179443.png

45080791.png

Cleared log, pressed button to start transfer...
17:21:36 Log Started
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Thread started
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Source. WBFS
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Destination. NTFS
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Transfer count. 3
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Attempting to set active disc on source. RO9PNK AquaPanic
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Active disc set. RO9PNK AquaPanic
17:21:59 (DriveToDriveThread) Attempting to add active disc from source. RO9PNK AquaPanic
17:21:59 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Created volume D:\wbfs\RO9PNK.wbfs
17:22:00 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:24:11 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RO9PNK AquaPanic
17:24:11 (WBFSPartition.Trim) 754 MB
17:24:11 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
17:24:11 (DriveToDriveThread) Double checking that the new disc exists on the destination drive. RO9PNK AquaPanic
17:24:11 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume D:\wbfs\RO9PNK.wbfs
17:24:11 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:24:11 (DriveToDriveThread) Found. It really has been copied OK. RO9PNK AquaPanic
17:24:11 (DriveToDriveThread) Attempting to set active disc on source. RN4P41 Anno
17:24:11 (DriveToDriveThread) Active disc set. RN4P41 Anno
17:24:11 (DriveToDriveThread) Attempting to add active disc from source. RN4P41 Anno
17:24:11 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
17:24:11 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Created volume D:\wbfs\RN4P41.wbfs
17:24:11 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:27:48 (WBFSPartition.AddDiscFromPartition) Disc added successfully. RN4P41 Anno
17:27:48 (WBFSPartition.Trim) 1234 MB
17:27:48 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
17:27:48 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume D:\wbfs\RO9PNK.wbfs
17:27:48 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:27:48 (DriveToDriveThread) Double checking that the new disc exists on the destination drive. RN4P41 Anno
17:27:48 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume D:\wbfs\RN4P41.wbfs
17:27:48 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:27:48 (DriveToDriveThread) Found. It really has been copied OK. RN4P41 Anno
17:27:48 (DriveToDriveThread) Attempting to set active disc on source. RLSE8P Alien Syndrome
17:27:48 (DriveToDriveThread) Active disc set. RLSE8P Alien Syndrome
17:27:48 (DriveToDriveThread) Attempting to add active disc from source. RLSE8P Alien Syndrome
17:27:48 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Created volume D:\wbfs\RLSE8P.wbfs
17:27:49 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:32:02 (WBFSPartition.InternalReadSector) Read failed. 0/8388608
17:32:02 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
17:32:02 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume D:\wbfs\RN4P41.wbfs
17:32:02 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:32:02 (DriveToDriveThread) Error adding disc. RLSE8P Alien Syndrome
17:32:02 (ProcessThread) Thread terminated
17:32:03 (ProcessThread) Operation completed. 00:10:03
17:32:03 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
17:32:04 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume D:\wbfs\R4CE69.wbfs
17:32:04 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:32:04 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
17:32:04 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume D:\wbfs\R52P08.wbfs
17:32:04 (WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Partition opened
17:32:04 (WBFSPartition.Close) Partition closed
blablabla, more games opening and closing.

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
QUOTE said:
about drives.
what do you think about adding an entry in the settings
"ignore these drive letters : abcde...."
this could be helpful for some people.
Yeah, I could make a list like the cover countries and sources, but it doesn't need to be sortable.

I was thinking about an idea to let you still use the app for other things while copying games to the drives and the batch cover downloads in the background. Do you think this looks ok?
The progress panel will only be visible when needed.
progress.png

Nice idea... I was thinking of something like that earlier on as WBFS 3 to do this in the background and mcWBFSTool has an option to download covers for all the games listed on the attachted WBFS drive and make them the right size to work in usbloader gx (224 *....)... Would be great to have an option to decide where to put the covers on the SD card or hardrive, as I find so many of these Wii apps don't give you simple information like that...

Looking forward to more releases... would buy u a beer for all your hardwork.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
giantpune said:
using the last dol you posted i get the phantom transfer thing. here are screens and log from after i tried to transfer the games. Trying to copy 3 games from drive 1 to drive 2.

17:32:02 (WBFSPartition.InternalReadSector) Read failed. 0/8388608

lol @ dol
wink.gif

just a wild guess... does it work ok if you only copy game partitions?
because i got report for wbfs_file with maybe similar looking case - the copied game on wbfs did not have the update partition, but the partition table was not fixed and so it tried to read data that was not there giving error, while using the 'only game partition' option -g worked ok. I don't know which program created such a rip that contained only game partition but did not have a fixed parition table...

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@thewonderer73
QUOTE said:
Would be great to have an option to decide where to put the covers on the SD card or hardrive
Check out the covers page in the settings.. Options->Settings->Covers

@giantpune
QUOTE17:32:02 (WBFSPartition.InternalReadSector) Read failed. 0/8388608
So the first 2 games were copied successfully. It failed on RLSE8P Alien Syndrome. Are you able to extract this disc to a CISO/ISO? I would think the same error would occur.
The error you have now is definitely different from the phantom transfers. Showing the offset in the log where the read fails might've been handy and I did mention I'd add that too...

@oggzee
I'm not sure if that's the problem here. With drive->drive, or even drive->ISO, I just copy the used WBFS blocks to the destination. Partitions are only removed with ISO/CISO/DVD->drive.

It's definitely a head scratcher..

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that failed transfer was with the game only partitions selected. the game works fine in my wii so im not sure what part of the game cant be read right. im dumping a bunch of games now and will see if they all go correctly. all my games were added with wbfs manager and usbloader gx. so maybe if either of those programs caused the error it might show up in the log when this transfer is done.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the text export option to creat a list of the games on my drive, but I'm not sure what to do next to get them into Excel.

The only export option I had was Plain Text are there supposed to be others or do you create them yourself?

Thanks

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Stick this file in the ExportTemplates folder and restart WBM to see the entry in the menu..

http://www.4shared.com/file/155010600/e0abc092/CSV.html

You can have a look at the template files themselves and the readme.txt to see how to customise things. remember it's unfinished, so there will be problems with some of the variables. Cover image export isn't implemented for example.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
Stick this file in the ExportTemplates folder and restart WBM to see the entry in the menu..

http://www.4shared.com/file/155010600/e0abc092/CSV.html

You can have a look at the template files themselves and the readme.txt to see how to customise things. remember it's unfinished, so there will be problems with some of the variables. Cover image export isn't implemented for example.

Thanks alot.

That did it.

$p00ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the following problem when I start the WiiBackupManager.exe (2.4r2) : The program can't start because Rijndael32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

rijndael32dll.png

Yeah, I don't have that DLL and didn't find it on the web...
And there is not any installation, I use the binary EXE file.

OS: Windows 7 x64 (program launched in XP SP3 Compatibility mode, with Admin rights)

Any clue?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sorry, download the full 0.2.4 release, then replace the exe with the updated one from 0.2.4r2. I'll build a full package and put it on the main post. My bad, I should've made it clearer for people downloading it for the first time.

$p00ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, I understood just as you said, but found only a single EXE file in the RAR package.
I downloaded the package again and got all the files that time! I guess I did something wrong the first time :s

Anyway, it's working pretty well know, thanks for you fast reply!

MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@fig2k4

hello mate, any way you could add the option to convert to .wbfs to .iso without the game being on a usb device?

at the moment i have to have the .wbfs on a usb device to be able to extract it as .iso

i would like to delete all my .iso's and simply keep .wbfs files on my Wii HDD and then be able to just rip one out back to .iso if and when i need to burn a copy, thus saving myself a good few Gb's

not a necessity, but would make life easier

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Not yet, it uses the old 4GB-64KB. But for games under 4GB this will make no difference at all.

I'll use the new spec in the next release.

@MarioMadness
QUOTE said:
hello mate, any way you could add the option to convert to .wbfs to .iso without the game being on a usb device?
Right now you can keep the .wbfs files in a wbfs folder at the root of any drive.
In the settings dialog, untick "Show USB drives only" and tick "Allow any file system..." then on the drive 1 page, select the drive that contains the wbfs folder.

You may want to import and export single .wbfs files, without using the wbfs folder like a "Drive". I promise that'll be added soon.
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
Not yet, it uses the old 4GB-64KB. But for games under 4GB this will make no difference at all.

I'll use the new spec in the next release.

Really looking forward to it.
rolleyes.gif

MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
@MarioMadness
QUOTE said:
Right now you can keep the .wbfs files in a wbfs folder at the root of any drive.
In the settings dialog, untick "Show USB drives only" and tick "Allow any file system..." then on the drive 1 page, select the drive that contains the wbfs folder.

You may want to import and export single .wbfs files, without using the wbfs folder like a "Drive". I promise that'll be added soon.
smile.gif

ahh nice , that'll work out just fine right now i think, but thanks for the answer fella

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 is there a way (or can you implement it if not) to re-convert the old .wbfs 2 GB splits to the new 4GB split, so there are less files and clutter on the drive?

Oggzee is doing this in his wbfs_file tool, but I don't know and hate using command line apps, this utility is great for those like me who just don't know command line.

Thanks;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land