Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

rocky98

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
grog.gif

just updated to 0.3.4r4. I have a network drive connected to drive letter Z. In 0.3.3 i can select these drive letter as folder. In the newest Version i can't select the letter. It seems that in the dialog the network drives are diabled.

regards
Rocky98

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
I miss the old feature much --- Double click to rename.

I use this frequently.

+1

i keep trying to rename and forgetting i must exit the app, edit the .txt then reload the app for changes.

any possibility to reimpliment the feature?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@rocky98
I have the same setup for testing. My Z drive shows OK. The only change I made recently was in 0.3.4, to make the valid drive check more lenient.

Fixed: WBFS drives now show up using detection via drive letters. I introduced a feature that only showed drives if it had a disk inserted, now it only checks if the drive exists.

It should show all assigned drive letters in the menus. Drive detection for the format dialog has extra tests, it won't show system or network drives.

If you try 0.3.3 then 0.3.4 straight after, it really doesn't show up?
Do you see a "Custom folder" item in the menu? You could use that until I figure out what might be happening.

@lsk0754
There isn't really a lot I can do about 2 discs with the same ID. libWBFS uses the ID to open/remove discs etc., so you're not allowed to add duplicates. WBM could handle it since I changed everything to use indices, but I'm not sure you can even use the 2 discs with the same ID with any loader..

The best way round this is to add the first disc, edit the ID.. Ahem, with version 0.3.3.. Then add the second disc. You'll need to manually add your covers for the new IDs and entries to titles.txt too if you want to go that far.

@TeenTin and pepxl
It'll be back in the next version, hopefully as inline editing of the items. The plan is to make each relevant cell in the list editable by clicking on it, like renaming a file in explorer. I need to write some classes to handle the editors, but I think it'll be much better to use than before. I'll get that done first and send a version to test.
wink.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
@TeenTin and pepxl
It'll be back in the next version, hopefully as inline editing of the items. The plan is to make each relevant cell in the list editable by clicking on it, like renaming a file in explorer. I need to write some classes to handle the editors, but I think it'll be much better to use than before. I'll get that done first and send a version to test.
wink.gif

excellent fig, i must say your app is getting better and better as the development goes, the easiest manager by far to use and it doesnt eat resources like some other managers ive used

keep up the good work

respect

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to r4 and now most of my iso's on my network can't be added, only 20 to be exact. It worked just fine 10 minutes ago in r3. I get the same two error messages for each iso it fails to add to the file list.

Code:
 (WiiDisc.OpenFromFile) Error opening file.
(AddFilesThread) Unable to open file.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can use a usb drive in NTFS system file and simulate a WBFS system file, right? so you don't have to use WBFS Manager anymore and access the drive directly from the Computer?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DaDownloadMan said:
So you can use a usb drive in NTFS system file and simulate a WBFS system file, right? so you don't have to use WBFS Manager anymore and access the drive directly from the Computer?
terribly worded...

this program can do anything WBFS Manager could do and more

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
DaDownloadMan said:
terribly worded...

this program can do anything WBFS Manager could do and more
thanks, so you can use a usb drive in NTFS system file and simulate a WBFS system file, right? so you don't have to use WBFS Manager anymore and access the drive directly from the Computer? right?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can copy an ISO to NTFS:\wbfs\ (even using windows explorer if u want) and it will work (make sure to use a recent version of the usb loader)

wiibackup manager automatically sparses iso when transferring them to take up less space

it can also convert the game.iso to game.wbfs and saves it in the same place as I mentioned earlier

ntfs drives can only be read via the wii, does not yet support writing, ie. u can't install a game to your HD via the wii

FAT32 formatted drives support both read and write, and work with homebrew apps too, I recommend using a fat32 formatted drive, using gameid.wbfs format

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
u can copy an ISO to NTFS:\wbfs\ and it will work (make sure to use a recent version of the loader)

wiibackup manager automatically sparses iso when transferring them to take up less space

it can also convert the game.iso to game.wbfs and saves it in the same place as I mentioned earlier

ntfs drives can only be read via the wii, does not yet support writing, ie. u can't install a game to your HD via the wii

FAT32 formatted drives support both read and write, and work with homebrew apps too, I recommend using a fat32 formatted drive, using gameid.wbfs format
thanks again!
yay.gif

zero64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
Maybe I'd be better just checking to see if the app's been run as admin, if not, disable all functions that won't work without it and show a warning dialog..

That sounds like a good idea, if the dynamic privileges thing doesn't work well enough. Maybe include a note about how to always run as administrator (properties, compatibility, "Run this program as an administrator"), in case someone doesn't want to right click->run as admin every time.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I request when you update the program that you also update the version # in the about page, so that we know what version is being used? it shows version 0.3.4 but it's 0.3.4r4 version now, so I don't know which version is being used?

gaalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks your application. I met a problem when I tried to transfer a game from WBFS partition to an ISO file when I used 0.3.4r4. Actually it transferred nothing. I tested this function in 0.2.4r2, it worked correctly.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using WiiBackupManager0.3.4r4 ... I have just copied my library of games from one USB drive WBFS partition to another drive WBFS partition and have noticed something painful ... Game Titles have not been copied across as listed on original partition ??? ... Why am I not seeing the same Game Titles listed on both partitions??? and from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be an option to rename ??? Any suggestions please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime