Hacking Wii 3.4U and Auto-Update Soultuion

iiMii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I research for a while, but I never got my question answer. (I researched for a full 3 day!)
I'm worried about the Auto Update and need a solution for it. I appreciated if someone could help me! Please and thanks!

I heard that if I downgrade to 3.2 and install something, it will help cancel out online and disk updates. (Something called star...)
Is this true?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Partially.

Downgrade to 3.2(U/P) and it will stop the need for disk updates.
It's called Starfall. It's coder is crediar.
Info here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall
Download here: http://chaoshq.de/~crediar/starfallv0.5-cred.rar

If I'm right, your Wii won't auto-update unless you agree to the new ToS. And even if you do, you'll still have to wait for a couple months for a new update.
tongue.gif

iiMii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Partially.

Downgrade to 3.2(U/P) and it will stop the need for disk updates.
It's called Starfall. It's coder is crediar.
Info here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall
Download here: http://chaoshq.de/~crediar/starfallv0.5-cred.rar

If I'm right, your Wii won't auto-update unless you agree to the new ToS. And even if you do, you'll still have to wait for a couple months for a new update.
tongue.gif
Thanks! But does starfall stop wifi updates also? I want to to play wifi and again, but the new ToS. Is there a way around it?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
tongue.gif

I agreed to the new EULA with 3.2, just for kicks.
tongue.gif

Doubt Nintendo will be able to autoupdate my system.
tongue.gif

iiMii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get it that you need to update to 3.4 or agree to the ToS to have the auto update feature.
But I just want to play wifi again without worrying about the new ToS. Can someone help me please? Thanks in advance.

Does downgrading to 3.2 prevent the auto update?

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There won't be any automatic updates. Why do people keep thinking this? Because of the EULA?

Imagine this situation...

Your Wii Downloads a new update, and starts to install it...

At the same time you decide you want to visit your friend and take your wii with you. You unplug your wii, not knowing that it's updating...

What happens? You brick your wii, and Nintendo has a class action law suit against them.

The worst that could happen is that your Wii starts up one day and says "New Update Available" and you can't continue until you update- again, this is likely not to happen because everyone doesn't have internet access at all times.

iiMii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin, thanks for calming me down... but didn't it mension that it may update without notice... on the ToS?
So do you think it safe to play wifi again?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your really that worried just turn off Wiiconnect24 and I'm assuming you have a router here block the addresses of the update servers:

nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.shop.wii.com

this might complicate things with your shop channel but it will block updates!

- kitt050383

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NINTENDO CAN AUTO-UPDATE ANY TIME, ANY FIRMWARE, WITHOUT CONSENT. Its always been like that, the rewording of the EULA didn't add a thing, it was a rewording, emphasizing that they have the ability to do so. So no matter what they can auto-update. If Anything, I suggest you calm the fuck down.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
There won't be any automatic updates. Why do people keep thinking this? Because of the EULA?

Imagine this situation...

Your Wii Downloads a new update, and starts to install it...

At the same time you decide you want to visit your friend and take your wii with you. You unplug your wii, not knowing that it's updating...

What happens? You brick your wii, and Nintendo has a class action law suit against them.

The worst that could happen is that your Wii starts up one day and says "New Update Available" and you can't continue until you update- again, this is likely not to happen because everyone doesn't have internet access at all times.
lecture.gif

Those are my thoughts exactly. I have never seen any machine autoupdate unless you tell it to do automatic updates or it gives you the message that there is an update. If this were the case and you did unplug your Wii during the autoupdate and then how was it possible to be your intentional fault of damaging it? I am very sure that the console designers and whatever other committee that make this kind of decision has taken this in consideration. And who wants their shit returned because of another incompleted autoupdate. I don't care what the EULA says. That's just a scare tactic for people who are like us that like to mod are platforms. Plain and simple.

Common scenario also known as "The Boo! Game"... you can stay paranoid about that kind of stuff if you want.. and like everyone else is saying disconnect your wifi each time you're not playing it and you can feel safe... hehe

I think you can breathe now.... just don't update.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am 90% sure it would work endless they change the servers addresses than your kinda outa luck!
You could block the entire Wii domain but that would block allot of other stuff.

So My suggestions are block the servers in your router and turn off WiiConnect24! Also install Starfall!
And keep the twilight hack on your Wii!

And here's the answerer to how to block with your router lastly!

- Kitt050383

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just one more thing about auto update. Nintendo actually could automatically download the updates silently. Onces all of the required update files are downloaded, then inform you that you need to install the updates to continue, but not actually start updating till you specifically do it. Since the updates are downloaded, it won't matter if the wii loses internet connection from that point on, as it will have the required updates.

Still though, it is unlikely that nintendo will do automatic updates. Most likely a scare tactic.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe Nintendo will use automatic updates. Are you being paranoid? I would say yes. And yes to the second question.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
I don't believe Nintendo will use automatic updates. Are you being paranoid? I would say yes. And yes to the second question.
Yes to the second question? Ok thanks!
How about the first question?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa