Gaming Wii 2013 Release List

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
We really need a memorable game that will be released in the console's late life. I don't want Wii's life to end with the most of these.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The Smurfs 2 game that came out a couple of weeks ago isn't so bad. Developed by WayForward (Shantae, Contra 4, A Boy and His Blob, Mighty Flip Champs, DuckTales Remastered), it's a 2D platformer in the style of New Super Mario Bros., with four-player simultaneous play. Each Smurf has a different ability, so you can revisit stages multiple times to collect all those hidden coins, just like powers in NSMB. A warning though, performance is kind of terrible on Wii. The framerate regularly drops, even in single player, and control gets horribly sluggish at these times, so you will run right off cliffs, etc. At its core it's a fun game, just not as much on the Wii. Family or friends to play with improve the experience greatly.

Disney's Planes (like the movie) is total garbage. It's nothing but a heavily stripped-down version of MySims SkyHeroes, by the same developer. Behaviour Interactive (Scaler, Transformers: Animated) are generally a pretty mediocre developer, to be fair, but they've managed a few playable titles over the years, and SkyHeroes is top-tier for them. If you think Planes looks fun, try the earlier game instead: it even has online multiplayer dogfights. Planes, on the other hand, has "fly into x number of objects" missions. Over, and over, and over. That and all of the planes are racial (racist) caricatures. And the main plane is voiced by Dane fucking Cook. You don't need that shit in your life.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Actually, as recently as three weeks ago, it was stated that Rodea the Sky Soldier is still coming out. That's the latest game from Yuji Naka's Prope (Let's Tap, Ivy the Kiwi?). If anything has a shot at being the last great Wii game, it's that--even if the game has been sitting complete for a couple of years already while the publisher works on a 3DS port. In terms of stuff we know about that's worth anticipating, it's definitely top of the list. Will it come out in English? Probably not the greatest chance, but stranger things ... if we get lucky, the game might have English dialogue hidden on the disc, as was the case with Ivy the Kiwi?'s Japanese release.

The new Ninja Turtles might be all right, but Magic Pockets are unproven on console: they're best known for DS games in the Petz and Imagine lines. They've done good work when time and budget afforded (Mini Ninjas, Dolphin Island 3), so the talent is there, but it remains to be seen how Turtles will turn out. At the least, it's hard to imagine a multiplatform licensed game being something to fondly remember the Wii by, but hopefully it'll be something fun for those still clinging to the Wii.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded bought angry birds trilogy.

It's actually pretty fun, ya know-- if you don't have it on anything else. It plays well with the wii pointer. No issues with slowdown or frame rate dives or anything like that. It probably wouldn't be a stretch to say it's the most intuitive console port of angry birds. I doubt the PS3 or 360 versions are too great due to the lack of minimalist precision input devices. (IR Pointer, Touch Screens, ect.)

I wonder why it took so long to get angry birds on the Wii? Seems like an obvious cash grab if the wii weren't a dead platform. I bet this game would've done pretty well if it were released in 2009 or 2010.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started playing Angry Birds Trilogy. I was surprised that FOX gave them the go ahead for Angry Birds Rio. I seriously thought this release would be Classic, Seasons and Space. I can only guess that the "Angry Birds Star Wars" release will be Space, Star Wars 1 and either Star Wars 2 or Bad Piggies for filler. It would be odd to only have Star Wars 1 by itself on a disc :P In continuation, am I the only one that wants to push (A)+ [ B ] to grab the sling shot as well as use (+)/(-) to zoom in/out? The controls are fine as they are but being a long time Wii player, the setup mentioned seems logical. Finally, I LOVE how beautiful this game looks. They even went and animated the intros for the individual games. Online leaderboards would have been nice but I guess that's only for the Wii U version. Overall, this is a good release. Too late in the Wii's life? HELL YES! -still, it's worth a "pickup", however you"pickup" ;)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started playing Angry Birds Trilogy. I was surprised that FOX gave them the go ahead for Angry Birds Rio. I seriously thought this release would be Classic, Seasons and Space. I can only guess that the "Angry Birds Star Wars" release will be Space, Star Wars 1 and either Star Wars 2 or Bad Piggies for filler. It would be odd to only have Star Wars 1 by itself on a disc :P In continuation, am I the only one that wants to push (A)+ [ B ] to grab the sling shot as well as use (+)/(-) to zoom in/out? The controls are fine as they are but being a long time Wii player, the setup mentioned seems logical. Finally, I LOVE how beautiful this game looks. They even went and animated the intros for the individual games. Online leaderboards would have been nice but I guess that's only for the Wii U version. Overall, this is a good release. Too late in the Wii's life? HELL YES! -still, it's worth a "pickup", however you"pickup" ;)

Angry Birds Star Wars is going to be a Wiiware I think. Although I like your idea more. lol.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@jacksprat1990: Really!

@chop: I totally agree with you. It boggles my mind that smaller devs aren't flooding the Wii right now. Hell, even a crap ton of shovleware might sell to the "Wii Sports Only" crowd. Nintendo isn't making games for this system yet almost everything else is functional (Thanks for fucking us over with WiiConnect24 Nintendo!). I'm even more surprised that more homebrew devs aren't making apps for the system and that the "Homebrew Browser" app isn't getting a face lift. I'm still a believer that some homebrew games should be "sold" via the Homebrew Browser and that a new Wii ecosystem could be made. I made a thread about it a while back but too many ppl here are stuck in their ways.
Hmm, that would the defeat the "open" nature of homebrew if you ask me.
You suggest going in the commercial field right there....
Also, would'nt it be illegal to make money of a console without paying rights?

As of now Homebrew is " Legal " as it is and the devs are developing for fun, and are not set on financial gain.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that would the defeat the "open" nature of homebrew if you ask me.
You suggest going in the commercial field right there....
Also, would'nt it be illegal to make money of a console without paying rights?

As of now Homebrew is " Legal " as it is and the devs are developing for fun, and are not set on financial gain.

Like THAT ever stopped unlicensed software from being sold? :P Ever heard of a Game Shark or an Action Replay?

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
well as for homebrew I made a new screensaver/demo thing;
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Newo_Tokyo

and I updated for asteroids game to have online leaderboards. Got about 30 people putting scores on it over the month that its been out which is great all things considered. lol.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Newo_Asteroids

Skyward sword may be the last hoorah of the wii. I need to get a copy of that game for my collection before it gets hard to find. Eitherway I'll get making homebrew as long keep finding things that are easy to code, :P.

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to the TMNT game. I've enjoy the previous TMNT games so yeah. I'm only getting it on the Wii cause it's not coming out for PS3 sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Biggus Dickus