Wii #1930 - Zangeki no Reginleiv (Japan)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks fucking amazing. My most anticipated game this month.

I'll download it and see if I can overcome the language barrier.

Translation teams, this is the game to pick up! I doubt it'll get a western release.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Box looks epic OMG
wub.gif
the game also looks great, can someone tell me if you can get through it with minimal knowledge of Japanese

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game looks pretty good. I saw some gameplayfootage and it looked pretty violent, with the dismemberment of the giants and all the blood...

Does anybody know, what the wifi is for? Is it just leaderbords or co-op? I couldn`t find any information on that...

I`ll try this version, since there is no western release-date yet.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
The game looks pretty good. I saw some gameplayfootage and it looked pretty violent, with the dismemberment of the giants and all the blood...

Does anybody know, what the wifi is for? Is it just leaderbords or co-op? I couldn`t find any information on that...

I`ll try this version, since there is no western release-date yet.

The Wi-Fi is 4 player online co-op. I know, awesome.

I'm surprised Nintendo would ever publish such a violent game. They're complete pussies in that respect. But this game looks hardcore and badass. I'm hoping for a western release; it would be one of the few games I'd buy.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
The Wi-Fi is 4 player online co-op. I know, awesome.

I'm surprised Nintendo would ever publish such a violent game. They're complete pussies in that respect. But this game looks hardcore and badass. I'm hoping for a western release; it would be one of the few games I'd buy.
Wow, 4-Player co-op. That`s immense!

Yeah, Nintendo usually doesn`t publish violemt games. A few day I read these detailes:
- multiple settings were considered, each with a different main character: medieval Japan (with a samurai main character) and modern day (starring a high school boy)
- Scandinavian mythology was chosen over Greek due to most consumers not having a preset notion of what the creatures and gods should look like
- a lot of trial/error was involved in creating characters, which would sometimes lead to motion capture being completed before a character design was done
- the giants took a very long time to create
- Sandlot found it very difficult to create a game using a natural setting instead of a city setting
- the script is more than 10 centimeters thick
- over an hour of cut-scenes
- the giants will come after you even if they lose both legs...they'll crawl towards you
- increasing difficulty impacts strength and A.I. of the enemies
- NPCs react differently to each situation, sometimes yelling out different things depending on their proximity to enemies
- voice recording lasted 3 months
- Nintendo requested Classic Controller and Wifi play, with Iwata himself asking for MotionPlus support
- the dev team originally planned 100 weapons, but ended up with 300 by the time development was over
- Sandlot tried removing elements to lessen the age rating, but felt that the gameplay was being detracted from
- The final decision was to keep the violence level because it fit well with the setting and characters

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well- well... A very interesting release we have here, eh? Never could imagine something like that published by Nintendo. And damn, I like the box style. Also it's quite a looker but that's what you can expect from a Nintendo release.

ContraNetworkHD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
game on the wiimotion plus

but is useless ° _ °

Horrible camera, stage really painful ° _ °

bah
frown.gif

EDIT:

[Wii] Zangeki no Reginleiv [Full TUTORIAL]

Full tutorial Zangeki no Reginleiv only on ContraNetwork
biggrin.gif

Part 1:

Part 2:

by _Contra_

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@_Raiden_ Guess cant please them all. I am just enjoying the 1:1 swordplay in this game. Would love to play a dynasty warriors or Sword of the Beserker with this play style. But to eaches' own I guess. But I do agree with you that the camera is a pain, but it doesnt make the game painful. And majority of the time you can kill things from 20 feet away. So the camera is not that big a deal. But the graphic slow down when you slice open 4 or more guys is kinda annoying.

On topic: Anyone found out how to do wifi co-op yet? Its fun by myself but would be more fun with 3 others xD. So far the game is easy. Anyone know if there is an option menu to up the difficulty or if the game gets harder as you go through the story? If so could you screen it. I can't read japanese xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.