Wii #1817 - Your Shape (Europe)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The game looks like (or is?) Shovelware, but I'm a bit shocked and surprised that there is a cam included...never heard that one is coming to the Wii before. New Eye-Toy Clons/Party-games on the Way, anyone?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno from what my Mrs says the "My Fitness Coach" which was also by Ubisoft was very well made for a piece of fitness software.

The camera is said to track your movement to see if you are doing excercises properly and to see your shape to...you know like the title. Proably had some effort involved in developing it, of course probably useless to those who pirate games.

I think this is that one with Jenny McCarthy doing presenting, which beats that dead eyed bitch on My Fitness Coach.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hadrian said:
I dunno from what my Mrs says the "My Fitness Coach" which was also by Ubisoft was very well made for a piece of fitness software.

The camera is said to track your movement to see if you are doing excercises properly and to see your shape to...you know like the title. Proably had some effort involved in developing it, of course probably useless to those who pirate games.

I think this is that one with Jenny McCarthy doing presenting, which beats that dead eyed bitch on My Fitness Coach.
I heard that EA Sports Active was better, but meh, dunno...I only tried Wii Fit, and that was enough
tongue.gif

What realy interests me here is the cam, because this opens some new ways for new games (Ubisoft + Raving Rabbids + Cam = Profit?). Also slightly interessting, as far as I can tell, the cam isn't from Logitec, which surprises me, then until now, Microphones and all other technical Stuff came from Logitec...but this cam looks like Ubisoft made it (which isn't a good sign...Logitec has some great quality).

At least these are my thoughts...I'll wait now if some other games which will use this cam will pop up
tongue.gif
. If so, I might get the cam...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you can plug in any generic USB webcam? I just wish I didn't have to see that wretched Jenny Macarthy on the stupid game otherwise I'd might consider buying it.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
I wonder if you can plug in any generic USB webcam? I just wish I didn't have to see that wretched Jenny Macarthy on the stupid game otherwise I'd might consider buying it.

+1

I want to know also! finally I could use that old webcam that is collecting dust...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Hadrian said:

I heard that EA Sports Active was better, but meh, dunno...I only tried Wii Fit, and that was enough
tongue.gif

What realy interests me here is the cam, because this opens some new ways for new games (Ubisoft + Raving Rabbids + Cam = Profit?). Also slightly interessting, as far as I can tell, the cam isn't from Logitec, which surprises me, then until now, Microphones and all other technical Stuff came from Logitec...but this cam looks like Ubisoft made it (which isn't a good sign...Logitec has some great quality).

At least these are my thoughts...I'll wait now if some other games which will use this cam will pop up
tongue.gif
. If so, I might get the cam...

*facepalm & sigh* Its obvious that none of you were watching the Ubisoft conference during this year's E3. The camera is a joint production between Ubisoft AND Nintendo so this isn't just some off shoot camera.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I dug up a Logitech webcam and connected it but unforutnately no dice. Via USB Loader GX using CIOS249 rev 13b it will load the game in PAL mode, but asks for the USB camera after the wiimote screen. Does the same using Wiikey and loading using GeckoOS 1.93, again only works in PAL mode. Forcing NTSC in either case causes a black screen and nothing happens.

Tried swapping ports to no avail. It could be related to what kind of USB camera you use, who knows really.

Bazildon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bazildon.com
XP
Country
I've purchased this for the Mrs for Christmas.

Does anyone know if there is an update on the disc to make the camera work? I'd hate to be forced to update and lose my HBC just so the mrs can prance around the living room.

jk_dance

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know this is an old thread but since i dont see any answers here.

It is Working on my Pal Chipped (Cyclowiz) & Soft-Modded 4.2 Wii.

Make sure your wii is not connected to the internet and update your wii from the original disk. Only the driver for the cam will be installed.
Not playable from USB loaders since the camera must be in the 1st usb port of the wii.

The cam is from Hercules, so if you have one of those lying around it might work. I doubt any other cams will work since they all have their own drivers.

Although i am still experiencing the problem of getting a black screen when the camera is connected and my wii starts or restarts its still playable when you insert the camera just after the game starts.

Check this thread to find everything i said here in a much longer version
tongue.gif

Wiihacks.com Forum
Also there are images on page 4 showing a difference between a generic cam and ubisofts cam.

Hope this still helps someone!

Grtz JK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Panda Express cooks pandas