Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 165,205
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

kubus

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read through 50 pages now, but still no answer v.v

I'm using a PAL Wii 3.1E and I have a 1.9g Wiikey. I did the complete update (double channels now) and the DVD5 disc works perfectly.

DVD9 doesn't, however. My first assumption is that I used a crappy DL DVD by Philips o.o;;. It was the only one I could find in town XD. I noticed how everyone seems to be using Verbatim, so I'll try to get one of those =O.

That, or my Wiikey read speed is still on 6x instead of 3x. I heard that that could cause problems as well, and that I should change it to 3x. I have no idea where to find a "config disc" however, and google hasn't helped much either. Anyone know where I can get this? (Wiikey site seems to be down..)

I start up DVD5 disc, then go to menu and swap it with DVD9. It works great, but when loading a movie or at the second movie in SSE, it gives me the Green Text screen ;^;. That probably means that my Wii can't read the second layer? So maybe I'm using the wrong DL DVDs after all ?_?

Any help would be very much appreciated _o_

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read through 50 pages now, but still no answer v.v

I'm using a PAL Wii 3.1E and I have a 1.9g Wiikey. I did the complete update (double channels now) and the DVD5 disc works perfectly.

DVD9 doesn't, however. My first assumption is that I used a crappy DL DVD by Philips o.o;;. It was the only one I could find in town XD. I noticed how everyone seems to be using Verbatim, so I'll try to get one of those =O.

That, or my Wiikey read speed is still on 6x instead of 3x. I heard that that could cause problems as well, and that I should change it to 3x. I have no idea where to find a "config disc" however, and google hasn't helped much either. Anyone know where I can get this? (Wiikey site seems to be down..)

I start up DVD5 disc, then go to menu and swap it with DVD9. It works great, but when loading a movie or at the second movie in SSE, it gives me the Green Text screen ;^;. That probably means that my Wii can't read the second layer? So maybe I'm using the wrong DL DVDs after all ?_?

Any help would be very much appreciated _o_

No problems here (Dutch myself), same setup, Wiikey 1.9g, Wii 3.1E. But Verbatim DVD+DL
wink.gif
10 for 23 euro (op de markt).
And I kept the speed of the Wiikey on 6x.
Burned with NEC3510 AW, very good burner for Cube/Wii media, bought it specially for this, 2 years back. It can also be your burner btw
wink.gif

kubus

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No problems here (Dutch myself), same setup, Wiikey 1.9g, Wii 3.1E. But Verbatim DVD+DL
wink.gif
10 for 23 euro (op de markt).
And I kept the speed of the Wiikey on 6x.
Burned with NEC3510 AW, very good burner for Cube/Wii media, bought it specially for this, 2 years back. It can also be your burner btw
wink.gif
Maybe I should use Verbatim then v.v. geez those DL DVDs are expensive XD Already paid 15 euro for those damn Philips DVDs.

So Wiikey speed shouldn't cause any problems then... I just heard from a friend that he and his friend also have their Wiikeys on 6x and their DVD9s are working as well ô_o

And I'll try again with a different burner just to make sure XD.

Thanks for the help!

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah .. the BURNERS are just as likely of the cause as the MEDIA.

Some burners suck with 90% of the media. Specially old slow burners with newer fast media they can't recognize properly.

If your burner is new, you should be fine. If it's old, update the burner firmware or buy a new one (they are cheap, at about $40).

If you don't want to do any of those things, try to get "older" dual layer media of quality, such as Verbatim labeled 2.4x-6x (or TDK 2.4x-4x) or keep trying until you find a brand/speed that works for you.

As a rule of thumb: most burners older than two years suck on dual layer media. Most laptop burners older than 1 year suck on dual layer media. Best overall brand for dual layer: Verbatim (but your burner might prefer other brand ... just have to keep trying). Best overall burner for Dual Media: Pioneer (but some models suck just as much, and other models by other manufacturers like Samsung are recommended also). So these are just GENERAL recommendations. Each case is different.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah .. the BURNERS are just as likely of the cause as the MEDIA.

Some burners suck with 90% of the media. Specially old slow burners with newer fast media they can't recognize properly.

If your burner is new, you should be fine. If it's old, update the burner firmware or buy a new one (they are cheap, at about $40).

If you don't want to do any of those things, try to get "older" dual layer media of quality, such as Verbatim labeled 2.4x-6x (or TDK 2.4x-4x) or keep trying until you find a brand/speed that works for you.

As a rule of thumb: most burners older than two years suck on dual layer media. Most laptop burners older than 1 year suck on dual layer media. Best overall brand for dual layer: Verbatim (but your burner might prefer other brand ... just have to keep trying). Best overall burner for Dual Media: Pioneer (but some models suck just as much, and other models by other manufacturers like Samsung are recommended also). So these are just GENERAL recommendations. Each case is different.

i should be ok then i brought my pc burner about 4 months ago

chamonofx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those people with a "white screen" ... have you tried just to press a key on the controller? Heard the white screen happens to some people and they just press the A key on the controller and the game starts. Of course, you also have to run the update at a certain point, either totally or partially, but run it anyway. If you only put a brick-blocked copy of the game, you won't be able to play (black screen, I think). I know this may not be your case, but just saying for others that may have similar problems.
yeah i have

Kruce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just tried extracting and about 12 of the *.rxx files from abgw are corrupt. i redownloaded 2 to try again but I got the same message. Did anyone grab their version from there and can confirm this? Talking about "cvn-dsbx.rxx" posted 2 days ago btw.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I bunred it on +RDL with imgburn 2.4x and sometimes the video lags like hell and get that random disc read error, so i have to eject and insert every now and then.
I have a wiikey

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried extracting and about 12 of the *.rxx files from abgw are corrupt. i redownloaded 2 to try again but I got the same message. Did anyone grab their version from there and can confirm this? Talking about "cvn-dsbx.rxx" posted 2 days ago btw.
Use the PAR2s. If you don't know what I'm talking about, Google it.

L0cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
still have a feeling that the people with problems (like me) of having random errors and lock ups that this has to do with the read settings for dual layer disc of the wiikey.
would also explain why original isnt recognised.
let hope wiikey improves readability of dl burned disc also in the next update

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U Wii +
Wiikey 1.9g +
Working DVD5 release after 15% trick
=
Good to go for non-brickblocked non-regionfriid DVD9 release?

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
I read most of this topic and I can't find my answer.

I got a PAL WIi with YAOSM 2.0. The creator of this code, Bell, assures SSBB works fine with the DVD9 version.

When I put my backup in, it runs, shows the "Now Loading", then white screen with sound suttering for finally giving me nothing but a green message in Japanese telleing me to turn my Wii off.

How can I go through this plz ? I did the update, got the dual channels and am in 50hz.

Any help is welcome, thx again ^^

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country

I got a PAL WIi with YAOSM 2.0. The creator of this code, Bell, assures SSBB works fine with the DVD9 version.

When I put my backup in, it runs, shows the "Now Loading", then white screen with sound suttering for finally giving me nothing but a green message in Japanese telleing me to turn my Wii off.

How can I go through this plz ? I did the update, got the dual channels and am in 50hz.

i would also like to know this

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i just burn and play the DVD9 on a US 3.1 wii with wiikey 1.9 and have the game itself work fine?(dual channels dont matter to me)

And when i burn the image with imgburn is there anything i have to mess with the settings to burn a DL disk?

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France

Bump. I was planning of playing this all night long T__T XD

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country

Bump. I was planning of playing this all night long T__T XD

try this when it pops up just eject the disk and then insert it again that might work

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I also tried the autoboot patch but it didnt work.
iori-kyo-k try ejecting the disc and inserting it again when u get the error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you