Wii #0256 - MySims (Europe)

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
René Descartes is in a bar at closing time. The bartender asks him if he'd like another drink. Descartes says, "I think not," and he disappears.
About three people will get that joke... and I'm somewhat ashamed to say I'm one of them
wink.gif

I'm all over MySims. It's not really my cup of tea but the kid might like it... It looks like it might be entertaining for an hour or two as well.

I don't think I got the joke....
Oh wait, shit, yes I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got up to 2 star town now, and it's already boring me. Seems like all I do is build things. If you're really into building things and being creative, should be a good game for you. now I on the other hand prefer being dull and uninspiring. However, it's a better than AC in my opinion, at least I don't have to deal with a 1 trillion dollar (whatever the currency was in it, i forget) debt.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game really is nothing too great, but my sister appearently likes it, and that means I won't be able to play it for another 3 weeks, anyway xD

I found the overall Sim creating and building a bit shallow option-wise, but maybe you can unlock stuff later on, I only played like 15 minutes into it.

What bothered me the most however were the graphics. No, I'm not complaining about the cute style of everything. That's awesome. What I'm talking about is a really, really bad quality on my HDTV with component cables. It was like the whole game was one big JPEG. Maybe it's just the dump, or a bad burn, but I kinda doubt that. Too bad really. A bit crisper and the graphics would've been perfect.

And yeah, too much loading times
frown.gif

Overall, it's a fun little game, but sadly not one of the better ones on the Wii.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to get off topic, but what's with none of the other games being dumped yet? It seems the Wii scene thinks that since its so easy to dump, they don't need to bother and someone else will do it...?

That is all!
smile.gif

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I talk with a lot of the people who upload these games that are dumped, and for the past week all I've been hearing is that the Wii scene is dead. Seeing as Wiierd released this, it must only be dead over here. My Sims was out 2 days ago, HOWEVER, the My Sims ads were stating Sept 20th. So NTSC version (if the wii scene is still alive) should be appearing sometimes tonight I imagine.

As for like framerate it's the worst I've ever seen. There are points where the thing makes you think the game just froze, and what the most annoying thing is the autosave thing. Every object built, well any changes period. You have to sit through a 10-15 second pause. Its extremely annoying, because you're constantly building and making changes to make these sims happy. Now the framerate might just be because I have the PAL version who knows?

However, like said above the graphics aren't bad and it is indeed cute. It looks great on my projector at 480p, I haven't seen any "looks like a jpeg" issue.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I talk with a lot of the people who upload these games that are dumped, and for the past week all I've been hearing is that the Wii scene is dead. Seeing as Wiierd released this, it must only be dead over here. My Sims was out 2 days ago, HOWEVER, the My Sims ads were stating Sept 20th. So NTSC version (if the wii scene is still alive) should be appearing sometimes tonight I imagine.

As for like framerate it's the worst I've ever seen. There are points where the thing makes you think the game just froze, and what the most annoying thing is the autosave thing. Every object built, well any changes period. You have to sit through a 10-15 second pause. Its extremely annoying, because you're constantly building and making changes to make these sims happy. Now the framerate might just be because I have the PAL version who knows?

However, like said above the graphics aren't bad and it is indeed cute. It looks great on my projector at 480p, I haven't seen any "looks like a jpeg" issue.

NTSC scene is dead? I can't believe it! I have the NTSC MySims at home (rented it and copied it). Let's hope this is not true

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I talk with a lot of the people who upload these games that are dumped, and for the past week all I've been hearing is that the Wii scene is dead.  Seeing as Wiierd released this, it must only be dead over here.  My Sims was out 2 days ago, HOWEVER, the My Sims ads were stating Sept 20th.  So NTSC version (if the wii scene is still alive) should be appearing sometimes tonight I imagine.

As for like framerate it's the worst I've ever seen.  There are points where the thing makes you think the game just froze, and what the most annoying thing is the autosave thing.  Every object built, well any changes period. You have to sit through a 10-15 second pause.  Its extremely annoying, because you're constantly building and making changes to make these sims happy.  Now the framerate might just be because I have the PAL version who knows?

However, like said above the graphics aren't bad and it is indeed cute.  It looks great on my projector at 480p, I haven't seen any "looks like a jpeg" issue.

NTSC scene is dead? I can't believe it! I have the NTSC MySims at home (rented it and copied it). Let's hope this is not true

I wouldn't take it that seriously though, if groups leave or whatever the case is, another is always bound to pop up and take its place. It could also be interpreted as Wii scene homebrew attempts (getting homebrew on it without having to use gamecube methods) aren't going very well. I'm pretty sure its alive and well. People just say crazy stuff and I like to fuel it.
biggrin.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This didn't seem like a sims game at all. It looked like animal crossing. The loading also took way too long and the drive seemed to be constantly clicking.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My game is constantly making the drive click as well. It does make me worry that it might be damaging the laser. I'm still using high quality dvd+rs as with all my games so I so no reason why it should have a problem reading the disk.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I did like this a bit. It looks nice and simple. But my only SERIOUS concern is that looking how the Wii is a big hype and all, I think there haven't been many wonderful games coming out lately. I mean there are some, but most of the Wii games (including this one) are plain average gamecube games with remote controls.

Does anyone agree on this? No matter what will come in the future, up until now the wii didn't deliver many fantastic games. I mean I didn't own a gamecube. But now that I have a modded Wii I realize that I play gamecube games far more than Wii games. Off course there's more to choose from but still....

PS: I have the same annoying drive clicker-dee-click. The laser sounds like it's losing its mind!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D +1