Hardware why should i buy the pro controller?

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Hori Pro Controller has an X360-like D-Pad. That's horrible. Basically for this I'd prefer the Pro Conttroller. And people comparing prices are just saying whatever. The original Xbox One controller costed around 70 bucks, was bad (that's why they replaced them with the One S Controller), and the XB1 costed a merely 500 bucks at this time. The Wii U Pro Controller also costed around 75 bucks when it was released, and that's the same for all controller just after the release. In 5-6 months the price will have dropped.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Hori Pro Controller has an X360-like D-Pad. That's horrible. Basically for this I'd prefer the Pro Conttroller. And people comparing prices are just saying whatever. The original Xbox One controller costed around 70 bucks, was bad (that's why they replaced them with the One S Controller), and the XB1 costed a merely 500 bucks at this time. The Wii U Pro Controller also costed around 75 bucks when it was released, and that's the same for all controller just after the release. In 5-6 months the price will have dropped.
The Hori Pro Controller still isn't officially out or is it?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't need to know how pricing works to know that that controller is over priced due to features that no one really wants.
Features that YOU don't want. You can't speak for everyone.

randysteele992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't my opinion that the controller is more expensive because of useless tacked on gimmick tech. (Oops, better not say it's useless because some smart ass will take it literally and reply with "It in fact does have a use")
It's a fact that it's more expensive because of that and that's my point. Yeah, okay I meant MOST people don't give a shit about those features.
You knew what I meant. Of course there's bound to be someone that wants those features but they're definitely in the minority.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It isn't my opinion that the controller is more expensive because of useless tacked on gimmick tech. (Oops, better not say it's useless because some smart ass will take it literally and reply with "It in fact does have a use")
It's a fact that it's more expensive because of that and that's my point. Yeah, okay I meant MOST people don't give a shit about those features.
You knew what I meant. Of course there's bound to be someone that wants those features but they're definitely in the minority.
Nintendo could have bundled it with the Switch but they didn't, and they could have priced it lower but again, they didn't. It's just Nintendo pricing it.

Reactions: randysteele992

randysteele992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is your opinion that it is useless you self-centered fuck. The world does not revolve around you, get the fuck over yourself.
Hahaha Yes it does. The world totally revolves around me.
But in all seriousness I'm done talking to you. I'm more than willing to have a reasonable discussion about these kinda things but once you start throwing around insulting comments like a 13 year old fanboy I'm done.
You take this shit way too seriously.
I didn't realize how dedicated Nintendo fanboys were to sucking Nintendo's cock.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is overpriced, no doubt about that. But playing Zelda with those 2 abominations they call Joy cons? Never again!

yup once you go pro controller you never go back :)

too bad they are sold out everywhere, dont pay scalpers any money for them. mine is coming tomr from japan

randysteele992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Features that YOU don't want. You can't speak for everyone.
I'm not claiming to speak for everyone. I obviously meant most people. I was being hyperbolic. I'm sure some people wanted those features but they're clearly in the minority.
I'm certain most people would rather just have a less pricey conventional controller over one full of expensive gimmicks. Some people just want a well made, comfortable controller to play games with without motion controls. Crazy right?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It is overpriced, no doubt about that. But playing Zelda with those 2 abominations they call Joy cons? Never again!
The JCs are super comfortable for me so I haven't bothered to recharge the SPC all this time. Kind of a waste of money that I could have put forward Mario Odyssey.

yup once you go pro controller you never go back :)

too bad they are sold out everywhere, dont pay scalpers any money for them. mine is coming tomr from japan
Yeah, ya do if you're me. :P

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official Switch Pro Controller has gyro in it and games will only cater to the official one, so if a 3rd party pro comes out without gyro, it might break games since it is assuming it has gyro.

Doubt it'll mess the game up beyond turning itself (controller) off, which will suck, but I really don't see too many games heavily relying on gyro in the foreseeable future--A.R.M.S., a Switch-Wii/U Sports clone, Just Dance 2KX, and maybe a couple others. Other games like SF II with, 'Way of the Hadouken' will most likely utilize gyro like BotW: in very, very small bursts, limited modes, or on/off in the option menu. I feel Nintendo already used the gimmick of gyro with Wii to death, so now, gameplay seems to be their 'new' trick.

Splatoon 2 is probably their testing ground.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have and the d-pad looks terrible.
why do people still care for the dpad? nowadays the games only use the dpad for like item selection and basicaly that, dpads could become 4 random buttons that unless your adamant on playing again and again nes/snes VC titles the dpad is basicaly useless in 99% of most recent games and its just a quick mode change or item or whatever.

Reactions: frogboy

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do people still care for the dpad? nowadays the games only use the dpad for like item selection and basicaly that, dpads could become 4 random buttons that unless your adamant on playing again and again nes/snes VC titles the dpad is basicaly useless in 99% of most recent games and its just a quick mode change or item or whatever.
Most people find a dpad needed for any 2d indie, and you can expect the switch to have a lot of 2d indies.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Most people find a dpad needed for any 2d indie, and you can expect the switch to have a lot of 2d indies.
lets buy a controller to play with luck some 2d indie game that will even allow controlling with the dpad lol.
yeah even most indie games nowadays on ps4,xb1 and even on wiiu wouldnt have options to use the dpad over the joystick , only some rare ones here and there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1