Why my Mii Plaza save was erased after Homebrew'd my 3DS

BattleLegendRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I simply lost everything, I even tried to back up the save from an old Nand backup, but there's nothing there, please someone help me with this...

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You already asked this question. Do you think providing less detail is more likely to get you help?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mii-plaza-save-erased-after-i-update-it-in-a-new-sd-card.638622/

I'm having problems with my Mii Plaza since I Homebrew'd my console and changed the SD card (I put EVERYTHING to the new one in FAT32), whenever I go to Mii Plaza the console asks to update it and when I do it just does a new game from scratch and there are hundreds of Miis I don't know, can anyone help me? I have a backup from before the problem and I would like to extract the save to put on my current SD card

Does that mean it was working after you installed CFW but before you "changed the SD card"?

Installing CFW does not normally affect installed data so you are going to have to give a LOT more detail before anyone can help you.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already asked this question. Do you think providing less detail is more likely to get you help?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mii-plaza-save-erased-after-i-update-it-in-a-new-sd-card.638622/

Does that mean it was working after you installed CFW but before you "changed the SD card"?

Installing CFW does not normally affect installed data so you are going to have to give a LOT more detail before anyone can help you.
tbf it's not like anyone responded to that nearly 20 days ago.

I simply lost everything, I even tried to back up the save from an old Nand backup, but there's nothing there, please someone help me with this...
Based on my quick research, it appears JKSM is capable of handling the backup/restoration of Mii Plaza.
https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases/tag/05.08.2020

I haven't tested/seen anything regarding Checkpoint but I would imagine/hope that works as well.

I'm not sure how set up you are since Aug 25th so I'd advise one of the following.

To maintain current setup;
Make New Backup -> Restore Old Backup -> Install JKSM -> Backup your precious memories -> Restore New Backup -> Install JKSM -> Restore precious memories

To nuke new setup;
Restore Old Backup -> Move on

Reactions: BattleLegendRed

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tested/seen anything regarding Checkpoint but I would imagine/hope that works as well.
Checkpoint's configuration has to be edited before it can access NAND saves.

I'm not sure how set up you are since Aug 25th so I'd advise one of the following.

To maintain current setup;
Make New Backup -> Restore Old Backup -> Install JKSM -> Backup your precious memories -> Restore New Backup -> Install JKSM -> Restore precious memories

To nuke new setup;
Restore Old Backup -> Move on
Unfortunately none of that is especially relevant to extracting save data from a NAND backup. As you say, it is difficult to make suggestions without more details regarding the set up.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately none of that is especially relevant to extracting save data from a NAND backup.
Do you have a vastly superior method to utilizing CFW to allow a save manager like JKSM access?
Or was my research too shortsighted and you cannot use JKSM to extract meet.dat?

Retrieving meet.dat from the functional backup is the goal here, is it not?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It sounds like its almost possible corruption of the save file itself from what they went on about in the previous thread. I wouldnt be surprised if there aint nothing of value that can even be restored from the save data.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like its almost possible corruption of the save file itself from what they went on about in the previous thread. I wouldnt be surprised if there aint nothing of value that can even be restored from the save data.
I'm expecting the same. I experienced corruption after I transferred my data for the first time, three years after using a default 4GB SD Card.
As far as I know, my suggestion is the last ditch effort.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Retrieving meet.dat from the functional backup is the goal here, is it not?
Oh, by "make new backup" and "restore old backup" you're referring to making a new NAND backup and restoring the old NAND backup. I was not clear on that. Apologies, I guess that's not so unrelated.

Unfortunately Mii Plaza involves more than just meet.dat and there is in fact some data that is also stored on the SD card. I refer to https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/70gwgu/everything_you_wanted_to_know_about_the_3ds_but/ for such matters.

As far as I know, my suggestion is the last ditch effort.
It's also possible to manually retrieve files from the NAND backup on a PC using ninfs, but that is not as straightforward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?