Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recall it taking around 2 years. And there are plenty of people in the 3DS scene who have never heard of the Gateway so I don't think what I previously said is an exaggeration of any sorts. Plus, Gateway cost more than a single 3DS game so you only got your bang for your buck if you pirated at least 2 games.

thanks for that, i thought it was along time. i think i remember correctly at first you could only get 1 game on one sd card ?, i can't complain about gateway they improved the software alot over the years with on multi-rom support on 1 sdcard, emunand etc

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for that, i thought it was along time. i think i remember correctly at first you could only get 1 game on one sd card ?, i can't complain about gateway they improved the software alot over the years with on multi-rom support on 1 sdcard, emunand etc
Gateway had other issues outside of aforementioned game limit, which they quickly removed. The "brickgate scandal" was a horrible time to live in since there was no backup/restore the 3DS' NAND and greater still, we didn't know it was 3DS loader that was causing the bricks. Now I know mostly clones of Gateway suffered bricks but there was a chance it could happen on a legitimate unit as well with some reports to back it up. Once I heard that, I removed the 2.0.2b loader and used an older one until they announced they removed the bricking code.

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If TX exited the scene right now it would benefit the homebrew scene a lot! (Trust me on that one).
How would it benefit? I have the sx os pro, so how would it benefit me if they leave and stop supporting the product I paid for? Please explain and enlighten us with your masterful knowledge.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
How would it benefit? I have the sx os pro, so how would it benefit me if they leave and stop supporting the product I paid for? Please explain and enlighten us with your masterful knowledge.
It wouldn't. It's not like it'd entice people to further contribute more than they have. It's speculation and actually a fallacy.

ChibiReaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are always going to spout bullshit and propaganda towards something they feel very strongly against, there is literally no winning here.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Windows isn't a better package. Windows is in a unique situation where because they were first, they had the most support, users and programs. Because of that, more users buy their product and therefore more programs prioritize developing for it. It's a cycle where even if it's a worse os, the fact it started with a bigger userbase means companies will always focus on supporting it over linux, the better os. That's the only real advantage to windows, far more programs and games support it, which isnt because it's well designed, it's because it was first.

One correction, they weren't "first", but they did succeed in getting the largest user base, at least at the time.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Windows isn't a better package. Windows is in a unique situation where because they were first, they had the most support, users and programs. Because of that, more users buy their product and therefore more programs prioritize developing for it. It's a cycle where even if it's a worse os, the fact it started with a bigger userbase means companies will always focus on supporting it over linux, the better os. That's the only real advantage to windows, far more programs and games support it, which isnt because it's well designed, it's because it was first.

Same goes for SX Pro.

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Becuase it's not free, the same thing happened with the 3ds scene for gateway. Although there are a lot of free options for cfw now that all work very well, SX was first and still has it's features that the others don't.

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is going downhill by the second lol.

On the brighter side of things....for anyone that needs a micro SD or looking for a bigger storage, SanDisk micro SD are on sale at Amazon. I just bought a 200gb for $35, and they have the 400gb for $99.99, and those were like $250 retail.

Sorry in advance if it seems like I hijacked the thread. But it needed something positive for a change lol

Reactions: Jonna and BL4Z3D247

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying it would benefit you. I'm saying it will benefit the homebrew scene. Obviously it won't benefit TX and SX OS users who don't even know the concept of homebrew.

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying it would benefit you. I'm saying it will benefit the homebrew scene. Obviously it won't benefit TX and SX OS users who don't even know the concept of homebrew.
So let me get this straight. You're saying that sx os users doesn't know the concept of homebrew? So you know this based on what exactly? Just because people bought and supported TX, that they are automatically stupid? Oh man I can't wait for others to respond to you lol

Got my popcorn ready!!!!!

Last edited by HOv,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't.
It already has to an extent. Several projects are becoming closed-source due to TX's shady practices, notable examples including ChoiDujourNX, DZ (network title installer), and ReiNX toolkit. While the toolkit is now open-source, it wasn't initially. Also several developers do not like ensuring their homebrew works on SX OS such as NX-Shell and EdiZon, 2 very popular homebrew applications.

Reactions: Essasetic

ChibiReaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It already has to an extent. Several projects are becoming closed-source due to TX's shady practices, notable examples including ChoiDujourNX, DZ (network title installer), and ReiNX toolkit. While the toolkit is now open-source, it wasn't initially. Also several developers do not like ensuring their homebrew works on SX OS such as NX-Shell and EdiZon, 2 very popular homebrew applications.
Literally one dev closing their doors (paid or not) will not affect motivation or the work that has already been done or will be done. What will is the toxic people that either are very vocal in the community or are working with the open source projects currently.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally one dev closing their doors (paid or not) will not affect motivation or the work that has already been done or will be done. What will is the toxic people that either are very vocal in the community or are working with the open source projects currently.
There is a big difference being ignorant and caring about other people's feelings rather than your own; this is a community, you either work with them or you don't. If you don't like it, then leave. If you don't understand, then you likely would never understand nor is there any point in making you understand since you have nothing of value to contribute.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.