Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yeah but my point is that you're wrong in saying windows is a better os because it has more users. It has more users because dos and then early windows were what people had so they got all the 3rd party support. That doesnt apply here where 3rd parties arent making tools to be run exclusively on sx os. Windows is not better than the free alternative as an os, it's better because it came first and got more users.

Don't get me wrong(TM) my friend, I have a Linus Torvalds shrine at home myself.
But Windows is just a better overall package from the perspective of an end-user. It is easier to install, it is easier to use, it is easier to get software for, it is the most supported OS worldwide.
I have been using Gentoo for over 15 years now, and I love it. But since time became more and more valuable over the past years, Windows is the only alternative if you want to be productive in a general manner.
And same goes for SX OS,hence the analogy.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do believe that Reinx is a better overall package for people who are into homebrew and experimentation.
SX OS is definitely a better overall package in terms of the basic end user. The people who just want a nice UI where they can see their games and maybe some homebrew apps.

Although Linux > Windows for me.

Reactions: tpax

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Windows is not better than the free alternative as an os, it's better because it came first and got more users.
UNIX came first. Most pre-press, desktop publishing and video was done on macs in the 90's and SUN systems before that.
MSDOS only became popular because it was distributed as PCDOS with IBM systems, where CP/M was also available but IBM was charging 3-4 times the price of PCDOS so that pretty much spelled the end for CP/M. Not to mention the founder dying from falling on a table in a pub.

And what was so special about all those IBM PCs and clones on everyone's desk at home and at the office? Games.
I originally owned a C64, TRS-80, Mac Classic, and a 386. I stuck with the 386 then 486 then, well you know the story. Why? Games.
I could go on and on but I'm not here for a history lesson.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MSDOS only became popular because it was distributed as PCDOS with IBM systems, where CP/M was also available but IBM was charging 3-4 times the price of PCDOS so that pretty much spelled the end for CP/M. Not to mention the founder dying from falling on a table in a pub.

The reason for that was IBM paid a one time license to Microsoft for PCDOS, while digital research wanted a per copy license.

Microsoft predicted where the market was going, Digital Research were too busy looking at where the market had been and milking profits.

I hate all *ix systems. Even though it has some advantages.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I pre ordered as I was impatient.
I had fun with it for a few weeks before the community had sig patches. Never really used it from that point any longer. I love the dongle though.
Their emunand "feature" is a bad joke.
And yes they stole code and we complain about it although we use it for piracy but even scene releases of games come bundled with a NFO file telling you to buy the game if you liked it while TX doesn't even give credit for what they've taken.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMO the way to go right now is SX if price is not a concern. I doubt it will stay that way forever as I easily see the alternatives becoming better eventually - but it's the best one for now.

TX EmuNAND is a freaking joke, but I just use another switch for online content so that was not a problem to me.

freeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre ordered as I was impatient.
I had fun with it for a few weeks before the community had sig patches. Never really used it from that point any longer. I love the dongle though.
Their emunand "feature" is a bad joke.
And yes they stole code and we complain about it although we use it for piracy but even scene releases of games come bundled with a NFO file telling you to buy the game if you liked it while TX doesn't even give credit for what they've taken.
Loooool buy the game if you like it but here it is for free. Yeah that makes it all better.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Phoenixrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
People want things for free and except for devs no one actually does anything except complain...then theres me with my popcorn just watching the showB-)

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
People want things for free and except for devs no one actually does anything except complain...then theres me with my popcorn just watching the showB-)
But you're not just watching. You're actively participating. That makes you not so special as you may have thought, I guess.

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I would get SX OS if not for them ripping of literally every feature I can get for free.

NSP Installer --> Tinfoil
Stealth Mode --> Basic DNS settings

Although I gotta praise them for the XCI loading.

But 4NXCI exists and a prototype of a XCI Installer based on Tinfoil exists now so even that will be obsolete lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu