Hacking Why do you burn Wii games?

Why do you burn Wii games?

• I want to have a security copy of my games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high.

• I don't want to pay for them.

• I burn so I can test them before buying (and I actually buy the ones I like).

• I don't burn Wii games, just hack to increase my console's potential.

• Total voters

mastergatuno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mousex said:
mastergatuno said:
Ah Nintendo cares only for Japan and US. Europe still has games officially with good prices, but them comes to you after years, right?
In Brazil and I think that in all Latin America the situation is worst. We're in hands of Latamel who sells games for 5x the original price =O
And still there are guys who keep buying from those thiefs...
Some games appear here in Euorpe even before they appear in the USA (e.g. Mario Power Tennis and other NPC games). As I remember no game took years to come to Europe, the worst was SSBB wih a few months.
They are selling the games 5 times the original price? A game here is about 50€, so you say you have to pay 250€ for one game? This is more than we pay for a Wii. I can't believe this.

QUOTE(afif95 @ Mar 18 2009, 02:54 AM) Can't help to pirate. Prices here are MAD I tell you, MAD!!!!

240 Ringgits for a game, imagine that.

EDIT: If the prices drop to say, 50 ringgit, I'll gladly buy the original, but that won't be happening I guess :/
How many USD/EUR are 240 Ringgits? Never heard about it.
EDIT: Ok, got it
wink.gif
1 EUR = 4,6221 MYR

That's true. Any game on any shop is around R$250,00 , what is around US$125,00 . And on almost all US shops I saw, the prices were US$20-30 dollars for catalogue and US$50 for new games.
125/20 = 6,25!

----- Sorry for double posting. That's because in used to another forum where you can double post and your posts merge =P

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
You walk into the shop, take your game without payment and prommise to return it once you have decided if you like it enough to pay or just return, the man chases you but you get away.......thief

Your example is a very poor one lol! In the UK the law on this is very clear. Under the 1964 Theft Act, you can only be prosecuted for theft if you do not intend to ever give the item back. If you can prove that you had every intention of giving said game back or that you would return to pay for it, you would avoid prosecution.

But you are right, lets not try and kid ourselves here.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kerrigan said:
well i'm not gunna feeze them am i?

bu dum bum chh.
that made me lol
PS. I burn games because nintendo has forgotten about my country and games are like 2-3x the price but then again even if the games were half off the nintendo cost price I probaly wouldn't pay for it unles it is really really really really worth it

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
17 and jobless, can not obtain legal pressed wii games without actually stealing them from the local walmart and I tore a big hole in my stealing jacket so if I put too much shit in there, it would fall out and I'd have to beat a security guard with a deceased cat.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i burn games cuz i can

shame you guys answer a question and are desonest about it...
if you dont wanna answer the truth just dont answer at all...

hope you honest to your selfs

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do it because I like the cover, but sometimes I get very dissapointed, other times just to help others to have it runing, and some other times just because everyone has it, I actually finded better some games of the GC now that the launcher came out...!!
tongue.gif

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to pay for the games that I'll probably get bored of and not get my money's worth.
Mario Super Sluggers is a simple baseball game with repetitive concepts, which will grow tiring after a while.
Spending $50 on something that costs under $1 to make doesn't seem reasonable for me.
I own 9 Nintendo Wii Games, which all costed $49.99+tax, and I've been supporting Nintendo since the start. I have thousands of dollars worth of cheap disks and flash chips. (gba/ds games)
I think a few illegitimate are okay.
I was either going to pirate these games or not buy them at all, due to high prices and minimal replay value on most games, excluding the better Wii Titles such as Brawl and Galaxy, which are packed with content/gameplay.

This is what I do and why I do it.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I haven't burn any wii games yet. And don't intend to burn any in the near future. I think its troublesome and takes a long time to download with my connection speed. Plus it is more fun to play Wii games like Wii Fit and Mario Kart with their hardware.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
x.domination said:
I haven't burn any wii games yet. And don't intend to burn any in the near future. I think its troublesome and takes a long time to download with my connection speed. Plus it is more fun to play Wii games like Wii Fit and Mario Kart with their hardware.

Wow lets hope that you continue thinking like this always, congratulations..!!!
biggrin.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
@Heran Bago: So you're saying piracy has nothing to do with morals and that It's dumb to bring it up. I honestly can't understand where you are going with this. Morals are the distinction between right and wrong. Piracy has a lot to do with that. Take the options in this poll for example.
That is not what I'm sayign at all. Did you see what I wrote on the first page of this thread? What I'm saying is everyone has different inherent moral values. There's a wide spectrum. There is no factual or logical argument on what's moral, just what's legal. As we well know morality and legality do not always correlate.

Zyenet

Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkChili said:
17 and jobless, can not obtain legal pressed wii games without actually stealing them from the local walmart and I tore a big hole in my stealing jacket so if I put too much shit in there, it would fall out and I'd have to beat a security guard with a deceased cat.

Freeze dried or no?
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't. I feel wrong burning Wii games...it just feels terrible.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Matt93 said:
@Heran Bago: So you're saying piracy has nothing to do with morals and that It's dumb to bring it up. I honestly can't understand where you are going with this. Morals are the distinction between right and wrong. Piracy has a lot to do with that. Take the options in this poll for example.
That is not what I'm sayign at all. Did you see what I wrote on the first page of this thread? What I'm saying is everyone has different inherent moral values. There's a wide spectrum. There is no factual or logical argument on what's moral, just what's legal. As we well know morality and legality do not always correlate.
You didn't write anything on the first page. Um, thats the first time you said that. That is a pretty weak argument. Most if not almost all people know that pirating instead of paying a fair price is wrong. They just don't care though. They know the distinction between right and wrong (morals), but they just don't don't care. Honestly, was sparking a whole debate over morals worth it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...