Hacking Why do you burn Wii games?

Why do you burn Wii games?

• I want to have a security copy of my games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high.

• I don't want to pay for them.

• I burn so I can test them before buying (and I actually buy the ones I like).

• I don't burn Wii games, just hack to increase my console's potential.

• Total voters

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burn because with a family of five it can get expensive buying games for all 3 kids, especially when the little one wants to get barbie or dora the explorer lol. We do have a good collection of original games and afew that i've downloaded for them that I knew wouldn't be played much after the first day.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Commadore64 said:
piracy.jpg

Dont get me wrong - I am an Ex-Wii owner
That diagram is not too far off... at least buy a couple of games at some point in time if you like the product at all
That diagram is basically true. But for only the people who pirate a game just because they don't feel like it though.

@Heran Bago: So you're saying piracy has nothing to do with morals and that It's dumb to bring it up. I honestly can't understand where you are going with this. Morals are the distinction between right and wrong. Piracy has a lot to do with that. Take the options in this poll for example.

I want to have a security copy of my games. -> Not bad. Not even piracy.

My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high. -> Not bad. You wouldn't buy the game in the first place so there is no harm done to anyone in downloading it.

I don't want to pay for them. -> Bad! You are cheating someone out of their money!

I burn so I can test them before buying (and I actually buy the ones I like). -> Not bad. You wouldn't buy the game in the first place so there is no harm done to anyone in downloading it.

I don't burn Wii games, just hack to increase my console's potential. -> Not bad. Not even piracy.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotta say I want to have a security copy of my games.
i'm very danger prone with disk (since as a kid most consoles where using indestructible cartridges lol) so i use back up copies of my originals
it cost less than a dollar to replace a backup if it stops working it cost $50 or so to replace a original.

D

Deleted User

This thread is about why you burn your Wii games and not about if it's okay to do so. So, why don't you stay on topic and please don't turn this thread into another one of these 'Piracy - Yes, no?' debates.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastergatuno said:
Ah Nintendo cares only for Japan and US. Europe still has games officially with good prices, but them comes to you after years, right?
In Brazil and I think that in all Latin America the situation is worst. We're in hands of Latamel who sells games for 5x the original price =O
And still there are guys who keep buying from those thiefs...
Some games appear here in Euorpe even before they appear in the USA (e.g. Mario Power Tennis and other NPC games). As I remember no game took years to come to Europe, the worst was SSBB wih a few months.
They are selling the games 5 times the original price? A game here is about 50€, so you say you have to pay 250€ for one game? This is more than we pay for a Wii. I can't believe this.

QUOTE(afif95 @ Mar 18 2009, 02:54 AM) Can't help to pirate. Prices here are MAD I tell you, MAD!!!!

240 Ringgits for a game, imagine that.

EDIT: If the prices drop to say, 50 ringgit, I'll gladly buy the original, but that won't be happening I guess :/
How many USD/EUR are 240 Ringgits? Never heard about it.
EDIT: Ok, got it
wink.gif
1 EUR = 4,6221 MYR

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of the above, DUH!

well... except for the last option, whoever"hacks" but doesnt burn a single game is more full of themselves than prius driving pricks...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
i didn't always, BUT

Cuz you can
tongue.gif

And it's crisis, so nobody has money left, since every bank has stole your money to invest in pointless things and pay mega bonusses to there staff to go to party's and build fancy office, the rarely use. Telling us to invest in stock that is solid as a rock, but in real practice just are clouds, that spatter and disappear like snow for the sun! and to enrich themselfs and make us more pore.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a couple of reasons for me

Because we seem to be low down on release schedule for Nintendo....Mushroom Men(3 months delay), Obscure 2 (5 months), Trauma Center New blood (1 year....WTF)
Some won't get released over here in the UK at ALL (dokapon Kingdom, Goemon 2,etc)

That's why I download first... Delays, delays, and non-appearances. In Australia it seems to be the ONLY way to get a game while it is still relevant.

I found some games I enjoyed so much (de blob) I actually went and bought a game I would have otherwise ignored.

Maybe if it wasn't 80-90% crap for the wii I would take a chance more often in the shop, finding that 10-20% is what I *acquire* them for.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
lavamasta said:
i dont burn iso games, i have 12 wii games that i bought myself... ive tried to burn them, butwhenever i try to extract any iso file from the rar file or .zip i get an error

you probably to do with the file size of the ISO being too large - for files sizes above 4gb you need to format your hard drive to ntfs (instead of fat32)

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
This thread is about why you burn your Wii games and not about if it's okay to do so. So, why don't you stay on topic and please don't turn this thread into another one of these 'Piracy - Yes, no?' debates.

Piracy:
The unauthorized duplication of goods protected by intellectual property law

Burning a game: (Slang)
Make a copy of a game
Burning a Wii game:
Make a copy of Nintendo copyrighted material that was not purchased nor rented by the user

So in essence isnt this thread also saying
"Why do you make a copy of the Intellectual Property of Nintendo Wii games whether you own the master copy or not?"
It's just abbreviated

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, nowadays i wouldn't buy a console if I couldn't play backups on it unless i had to in order to get a new Zelda game. That was the reason that I got my Wii and.

But with my 360, i only bought it to play backups. In other words Microsoft sold a console more because of me and should at least be happy with all the hardware sales they make because of the pirates.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
wohoo said:
Well, nowadays i wouldn't buy a console if I couldn't play backups on it unless i had to in order to get a new Zelda game. That was the reason that I got my Wii and.

But with my 360, i only bought it to play backups. In other words Microsoft sold a console more because of me and should at least be happy with all the hardware sales they make because of the pirates.

Love the avatar. Let's begin pestering Lucasarts for some MI ports on Wii! So we can then we can copy but not buy them!

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol you guys

Stealing is stealing so lets not try and make it sound ok, phisical or digital its still stealing, try before you buy is still also stealing.

You walk into the shop, take your game without payment and prommise to return it once you have decided if you like it enough to pay or just return, the man chases you but you get away.......thief

Hey i ain't any better than you guys but lets call a knife a knife and stop kidding our selfs!

Tbh i thing you ,we,me are fools for even talking about owning/burning copy games as its all going to be on recore you know, gba temp is like the biggest for any copyright problems as gbatemp has turned into a Q/A for pirates.

paul

shadoxXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol, this poll is ridiculous.
be honest, do you really think more than 5 or maybe 10 people in this forum are just playing copies of their legal bought games or even buy the games after downloading them?
this is just piracy, nothing more or less...

mastergatuno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
freezeburn said:
I burn because with a family of five it can get expensive buying games for all 3 kids, especially when the little one wants to get barbie or dora the explorer lol. We do have a good collection of original games and afew that i've downloaded for them that I knew wouldn't be played much after the first day.

I'm so happy that my sister already passed that stage
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2