Hacking Why do the *.wad not appear? and what to do about *.dol files...

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wii,

Hope that anyone have some knowledge about why some of my downloaded wad files (from Softmod 3in1)
not appears when I start Wad Manager 1.3.

They are all in the wad catalog in the SD card.

I am currently running 3.4E.

Also what to do about single *.dol files, ex. channel loader v1. dol. (it wont install like this, or?)

AND finally, is it neccesary for us that have 3.4E to do the risky downgrad, to make it work.
Have read different solutions for softmod., but what works? I wonder...

thought this was easy but no such thing, even with guides... but no, maybe cause they try to cover every version.
Would very much like to see a guide with probl. solv. for each version, tested and done
smile.gif

Do you know if it needs to be region free, to run backup and copied games? How to make it region free and safe?
(ev. How to prevent semi-brick)

Still trying to make it work...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
to run backups and wads under 3.4, downgrading is not actually necessarry.
First you use Wad Manager 1.3 to install IOS16. Then you run the modified Wad Manager pointed to IOS16 to install other wads.
Such as the Custom IOS36 Rev7 to run backups (in combination with a loader ofcourse) and WiiWare/VC Wads. Put all your wads in the \wad folder.
If you have a single DOL file, put it in a subfolder in \apps\ and rename the file to boot.dol

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Single DOL files are meant to be executed, you can add them to HBC by placing each DOL in a separate dir inside apps, and naming the dols boot.dol
EDIT: kedest beat me to it.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
u will need to downgrade from 3.4 to atleast 3.2 or 3.3 to install wads and the dol files need to be renamed to boot.dol and put in there own folder instide the apps folder of the sd card so rename it from "channel loader v1.dol to boot.dol and load it via the homebrew channel

u could allways use ios and cios downgrader to downgrade if you want to
"damn u guys are quick"

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
u will need to downgrade from 3.4 to atleast 3.2 or 3.3 to install wads and the dol files need to be renamed to boot.dol and put in there own folder instide the apps folder of the sd card so rename it from "channel loader v1.dol to boot.dol and load it via the homebrew channel

u could allways use ios and cios downgrader to downgrade if you want to
"damn u guys are quick"
Downgrading isn't required with the Oct.23 Fix that kedest mentioned, No need to downgrade at all. I know this because i did it and i didn't have the risk to downgrade the Firmware from 3.4 to 3.2.
Oarneer Just search in this forum for Oct.23 Fix and you will find it buddy
smile.gif

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for your answers, hope that this is useful to others as well.
I will start at the first respond and try that one first, and work my way down.

Thanks again
smile.gif

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
kedest said:
First you use Wad Manager 1.3 to install IOS16. Then you run the modified Wad Manager pointed to IOS16 to install other wads.
Such as the Custom IOS36 Rev7 to run backups (in combination with a loader ofcourse) and WiiWare/VC Wads. Put all your wads in the \wad folder.
If you have a single DOL file, put it in a subfolder in \apps\ and rename the file to boot.dol

Thanks for your answer:)

I have tried, but I still don't get access to all of my *.wad files in the WAD dir.
Do not know what to do or what I am doing wrong...urk....

I used IOS downgrader, then WM 1.1 for IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cios_fix.wad. Restarted and tried wadmanagerios16..
(from the 23.Oct.update.rar file)

I still cant get access to the sustom IOS36 rev7 or other wads. Thats not correct i do have access to some other wads as well downloadet from the Softmod 3in1 package, but not all.

Any idea of what I can do to execute the necessary *.wad files for the backups? Jdbye, kedest,..anyone?

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oarneer said:
kedest said:

I have tried, but I still don't get access to all of my *.wad files in the WAD dir.

I used IOS downgrader, then WM 1.1 for IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cios_fix.wad. Restarted and tried wadmanagerios16..
(from the 23.Oct.update.rar file)

I still cant get access to the sustom IOS36 rev7 or other wads. Thats not correct i do have access to some other wads as well downloadet from the Softmod 3in1 package, but not all.

Any idea of what I can do to execute the necessary *.wad files for the backups? Jdbye, kedest,..anyone?

I got the ISOrev7 as a *.dol file and executed it through HBC, but nothing changed...that I could notice.
If you guys have any idea of what to try, I would like to know especial a working Backup Launcher for a hacked 3.4E version:)

When a person do the 23.okt update, is it necessary to install all IOS files there is?

If no suggestions, I will tomorrow visit a friend who have buyed a hacked wii and copy his channels.... as a last desperate attempt. (ofcourse I will tell you how it goes, if anyone wants to know.)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the dol file is just the patcher. it needs the original ios36 wad file in the root of your sd. It will then take that ios, patch it, and install it as a custom ios.

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
kedest said:
the dol file is just the patcher. it needs the original ios36 wad file in the root of your sd. It will then take that ios, patch it, and install it as a custom ios.

Mmm...goodygood, not common knowhow but very nice to know, thanks:)

I had this IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the wad dir. but I'll try again after I move this to the root.

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
kedest said:

Okay thanks again:)
I have now been there done that.

But how do I and everyone with the same issues, know if it works?

How to test if this was the final stage?
smile.gif

I still don't get access to all of my wad files which seems to be invisible, is it impossible? urk!

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oarneer said:
kedest said:

BUT I DO...stupid me! Did not know that only the first 8 wad files were visible..uhm...sorry.
BUT nevertheless it still wont work
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1