Gaming Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
Then I asked: "Which base do you have to affirm the gfx are lame?"
Their answer? "It's obvious form the screens of that game where you play tennis, golf, baseball...".
Basically, they've only seen Wii Sports on stores or TV and made their assumptions based upon other bashers. When I showed'em some other games (Mario Galaxy, Force Unleashed, Twilight Princess and others) they were
ohmy.gif

And to add some fuel, a lot of games are more amusing on Wii than their HD brothers (Force Unleashed, PES and FIFA, to name a few).

Well, that's it, i've written too much (and I kwnow most won't read it, which i don't care anyways...)

The Force Unleashed has shitty graphics on the Wii, I don't know why anyone would think it would look good, especially compared to its HD counterparts (which look pretty damn good).

Super Mario Galaxy is the best looking game on the Wii, mainly because it doesn't need any real texture and just spams lighting effects. It's still rather pretty but still lacks some of the graphical nuisances that HD games have.

Twilight Princess is 5 years old and looks like a 5 year old game. It looked good for its time but it still definitely looks like a last gen game (because it was and just got a Wii port).

Your friends must be blind or something.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
put it this way if you didnt have any of the consoles and you could get any of the 3, but with the fact that you have to play on the console the way the developers assumed you would (no homebrew, no piracy etc) what machine would you go for? it's the xbox 360 easy! and you all know it, It's obvious. Mario is finished now. To be fair they should of waited for the next wii to release the most wanted game 007 goldeneye revamped, or alleast give microsoft rights to bang it on their console and see how well it does and they could easily of gave Nintendo profit.

toguro_max Your right about the HDMI connections, if you have a 360 or ps3 on a crt, what's the point?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
put it this way if you didnt have any of the consoles and you could get any of the 3, but with the fact that you have to play on the console the way the developers assumed you would (no homebrew, no piracy etc) what machine would you go for? it's the xbox 360 easy! and you all know it, It's obvious. Mario is finished now. To be fair they should of waited for the next wii to release the most wanted game 007 goldeneye revamped, or alleast give microsoft rights to bang it on their console and see how well it does and they could easily of gave Nintendo profit.

toguro_max Your right about the HDMI connections, if you have a 360 or ps3 on a crt, what's the point?

Personally I would've just said the PS3. Or a PC. I don't think anyone was thinking a Xbox 360. Hell, my Xbox is the only HD console I own and I still wouldn't put it above a PS3 or a good PC.

And the Goldeneye reboot or whatever was actually really fun, I don't think there's any crime that it was on the Wii. And who needs it on the Xbox when you have Perfect Dark XBLA?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
And the Goldeneye reboot or whatever was actually really fun, I don't think there's any crime that it was on the Wii. And who needs it on the Xbox when you have Perfect Dark XBLA?
Well judging based on reviews it didn't seem to do as well as expected. I think he's just trying to say it might have done a bit better w/ some of whatever the bigger consoles may have to offer such as the 360 or PS3.

I have yet to pick this game up though... Thanks for the reminder
happy.gif

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
nebula91 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Well judging based on reviews it didn't seem to do as well as expected. I think he's just trying to say it might have done a bit better w/ some of whatever the bigger consoles may have to offer such as the 360 or PS3.

happy.gif
Unless you enjoy playing it on n64, there is no point in getting it for the Wii, it's terrible. Multiplayer is easy, maps are tiny, and seriously boring. Single campaign is ok i suppose, to be fair it's better to use a classic controller than wiimote+nunchuk. It's the same with black ops.

And yeah it would of been huge on the 360, even the PS3. There was a time when the PS3 was a better console than the 360 between release till 2007 or so, then Xbox finally got well needed updates, and games started getting developed to the hardware limits. A game to see this is Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 on the 360, they both run at constant 60fps and look great for a console with old hardware. If only the PS3 had a better GPU or atleast dual (kinda like Sli or crossfire) GPU, it would of helped allot.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
Unless you enjoy playing it on n64, there is no point in getting it for the Wii, it's terrible. Multiplayer is easy, maps are tiny, and seriously boring. Single campaign is ok i suppose, to be fair it's better to use a classic controller than wiimote+nunchuk. It's the same with black ops.
I've actually never played it on the N64. I remember coming across my younger brothers playing it but that was more than some time ago and I can barely remember what I was even watching. So it'll be mostly new to me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

happy.gif

Reviewers are morons who think the original game was god-tier and anything outside of a remake is questionable. The new Goldeneye was sorta like CoD but actually fun. It's kind hard to explain, but it was more fun than addictive, unlike CoD. It's a great game for parties, the four player splitscreen goes a REALLY far way on a console completely gipped on splitscreen shooters.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
(...)
The Force Unleashed has shitty graphics on the Wii, I don't know why anyone would think it would look good, especially compared to its HD counterparts (which look pretty damn good).

You know, I agree with you, the grx are not that "wow", but they do fine, but please Guild, don't come with this "especially compared to its HD counterparts" stuff. I know (from your other posts) you can do better than that (and I kinda respect you for this).
EVERYTHING on Wii will look worse, if conpared to the HD counterpart, it's obvious.

Guild McCommunist said:
Super Mario Galaxy is the best looking game on the Wii, mainly because it doesn't need any real texture and just spams lighting effects. It's still rather pretty but still lacks some of the graphical nuisances that HD games have.

Twilight Princess is 5 years old and looks like a 5 year old game. It looked good for its time but it still definitely looks like a last gen game (because it was and just got a Wii port).

Your friends must be blind or something.

Maybe i didn't explain myself properly. What i meant by
ohmy.gif
was they they thought that every game looked like Wii Sports. When they saw other kinds of graphics, they were amazed, because they've only heard about Wii Sports, and never bothered to see if the other games' gfx were different.

UranusKiller said:
put it this way if you didnt have any of the consoles and you could get any of the 3, but with the fact that you have to play on the console the way the developers assumed you would (no homebrew, no piracy etc) what machine would you go for?
(...)

It's quite funny to think that I did went through this situation.
Before buying my Wii, i thought: "Hmm, Wii or 360?". As usual, I made my researches and all, and ended up buying the Wii.
Why?
Mainly because 3 points:
1) I needed a console with a more diverse gamming options. 360 was (and still are) mostyly FPS and "gray" games (Bring the Blue Skies back!?);
2) I needed games that I could play a little and then save, because I had/have no much time for gamming as I had on my Dreamcast / PSX / Sat / Genesis days, and the Wii games provided me that;
3) I wanted to try this new "motion thing". It were weird at first (it's hard to break old concepts, like the "play sat on you sofa"), but I ended up enjoying it.

There were a 4th hidden factor at the time: the fact I didn't have an Full HD TV. I would never plug an 360 or PS3 on a SD TV (no flames here, it's just my opnion, ok?). So, without the HD TV, 360 and PS3 were almost never an option. But even if I had the TV, the other 3 points would've directed me to buy the Wii anyway.
(I have a 360 nowadays, btw).

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Mar 18 2011, 10:20 PM)
(...)
The new Goldeneye was sorta like CoD but actually fun. It's kind hard to explain, but it was more fun than addictive, unlike CoD. It's a great game for parties, the four player splitscreen goes a REALLY far way on a console completely gipped on splitscreen shooters.
I didn't play the new Goldeneye yet, but I had this same feeling playing Quantun of Solace.

[EDIT:]Added a quote / comment to Guild's previous post (for the sake of not double posting).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
You know, I agree with you, the grx are not that "wow", but they do fine, but please Guild, don't come with this "especially compared to its HD counterparts" stuff. I know (from your other posts) you can do better than that (and I kinda respect you for this).
EVERYTHING on Wii will look worse, if conpared to the HD counterpart, it's obvious.

Just saying that your friends were "wowed" by a game that's mediocre looking even by Wii standards and awful compared to its HD versions, it's a pretty stupid point.

QUOTE said:
Maybe i didn't explain myself properly. What i meant by
ohmy.gif
was they they thought that every game looked like Wii Sports. When they saw other kinds of graphics, they were amazed, because they've only heard about Wii Sports, and never bothered to see if the other games' gfx were different.

If they think every Wii game looks like Wii Sports' style of graphics then they're just fucked in the head.

I didn't play the new Goldeneye yet, but I had this same feeling playing Quantun of Solace.

[EDIT:]Added a quote / comment to Guild's previous post (for the sake of not double posting).

Quantum was surprisingly good, it didn't get the credit it deserves. Definitely try Goldeneye though, it's fun.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
because majority of gamers play FPS games on xbox 360 and ps3 , they feel the necessity to bash on the wii for not having the same FPS games as them making them feel more superior .

although a sequel may be made , or a port , it will be inferior for the wii does not have the same power as the other two .

i like my Wii , it has good games that aren't offered on the xbox or ps3 . games like fire emblem and ssb separate it from the xbox and ps3 .

Guzzie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also the fact that 360 and PS3 have like HD and act as media devices for more than just games. Sure Wii has netflix, but its pretty atrocious quality especially without the component cables. If Nintendo cared even a little bit they might bother to include them out of the box. It's like Nintendo just doesn't give a shit about anything other than their few key games. The level of polish on the system menus for the wii, and then the xbox dashboard and ps3 xmb is a wide gap. I mean you cant even navigate to start a gamecube game without needing to pull out a wiimote. Stuff like that is so stupid simple. Background downloads, fucking friend codes, lack of ethernet port, and the list continues on. Nintendo produces some great games, but sometimes I just wish they would devote a little more energy into the total product experience, rather than dumping all the design time into the games.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guzzie said:
Also the fact that 360 and PS3 have like HD and act as media devices for more than just games. Sure Wii has netflix, but its pretty atrocious quality especially with the component cables. If Nintendo cared even a little bit they might bother to include them out of the box. It's like Nintendo just doesn't give a shit about anything other than their few key games. The level of polish on the system menus for the wii, and then the xbox dashboard and ps3 xmb is a wide gap. I mean you cant even navigate to start a gamecube game without needing to pull out a wiimote. Stuff like that is so stupid simple. Background downloads, fucking friend codes, lack of ethernet port, and the list continues on. Nintendo produces some great games, but sometimes I just wish they would devote a little more energy into the total product experience, rather than dumping all the design time into the games.

This. Good points.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
because majority of gamers play FPS games on xbox 360 and ps3 , they feel the necessity to bash on the wii for not having the same FPS games as them making them feel more superior .

although a sequel may be made , or a port , it will be inferior for the wii does not have the same power as the other two .

i like my Wii , it has good games that aren't offered on the xbox or ps3 . games like fire emblem and ssb separate it from the xbox and ps3 .

Well as an owner of a Xbox 360, the only FPS games I own for the system are Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, The Orange Box, Borderlands, and Halo 3. The only ones I actually play are all of those except Halo 3 (which I played once and then just stopped playing it because it's atrociously boring).

And if you want an example of a good Wii tie-in to a HD game series then go look at Dead Space Extraction. Probably the only "sequel" type game that's Wii exclusive (or was until it came bundled with Dead Space 2 on the PS3) but it's really good.

I kinda got sick of Fire Emblem myself but at this point, I'm starting to say that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a much better character fighter than SSBB. Just a better roster and it's, of course, more of a traditional fighter than the "versus beamup" you got in Brawl.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a PS3 and the Wii. I play my PS3 mainly because of its awesome graphics and its online capabilities. I'm over the Wii's novelty factor, as the Move or Kinect have already brought that to the competition. The Wii needs something new desperately to survive in the next generation.

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i have only readen the 1 page, so sorry if i say something that has been said alredy, heres my whole opinion about the main topic : Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

Well, it really depends of whoever is doing it, some probably never played wii, others get mad that games previously put on sony consoles are getting directed at wii right now (ex monster hunter 3 and dragon quest 10), others hate wii just for hating.

Unlike someone said in the 1 page, and i quote:

QUOTE said:
What is annoying is mid 00's was when HD was the big thing of the time, yet what did Nintendo go and do, be cheapskates? I mean what games are out there that we can say, f**k me that is the best game iv'e ever played?! No, you will never get that unless you have gameplay+graphics! .....Anyone who says otherwise in todays gaming world are idiots.

That is pure bullshit, some of the best games i played till today were 2d rpgs, also the reason why xbox and ps3 get played at all its because their excelente online capabilities not because of graphics, (wich is where the wii fails miserably).

I like my wii, because i have 2 younger brothers, theres alot of fun games for multiplayer for the wii, wich is something that lacks in other consoles (wich is why i got a wii instead an xbox) even till today i play games such as mario kart, super smash, driift, bomberman, excite trucks and so on.

On the topic wich of these 3 is the king of consoles ? Wii, xbox360 or ps3, i would say none, because, the best consoles out there, are psp and nintendo ds thats where the best lasting and fun games are coming to.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a PS3 owner, and having owned a wii, and then selling it to get a sweet, sweet PSPGo, I just think that the Wii's a bit of a novelty. In fact, it IS a novelty. Both the sony machines are entertainment systems and this just tends to suit me more, both Sony machines also have a more 'serious' batch of games, and the Wii's ratio of good games to bad is really badly shifted to the bad side in terms of number of games.

On the flip side the 3DS looks pretty sweet, but unlike the Wii which I regretfully bought launch day, I'm gonna wait it out with both upcoming handhelds to see which is just a tired fad and which is actually pulling new tricks constantly.

Oh and like what Guzzie said a few posts back, Nintendo generally give the impression they dont give a toss about the smaller things. Menus, Wii presentation, useful firmware updates, tiny things like custom backgrounds, stupid design choices and intuitiveness especially on the Wii menu. Apart from their few key games Nintendo just dont bother.

Even with the 3DS its PATHETIC that half the system isn't even available at launch. What do i mean? Well I mean that early adopters, the ones that Nintendo SHOULD be catering to, of the 3DS will have to wait till the 'Big May Update' to do the stupidly simple things like browse the internet and use the apps they paid for.

This is whats good about Sony and MS, constant firmware updates on their systems to improve features and then some. Sony even go so far as to give us things we never really asked for. 3D support, Facebook link, Specialised TV apps, and an internet browser thats constantly updated even when it works just great already.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kazekun said:
Well i have only readen the 1 page, so sorry if i say something that has been repeaten alredy, heres my whole opinion about the main topic : Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

Well, it really depends of whoever is doing it, some probably never played wii, others get mad that games previously put on sony consoles are getting directed at wii right now (ex monster hunter 3 and dragon quest 10), others hate wii just for hating.

I don't know if it's just me but I felt MH3 was inferior to the PSP Monster Hunter games. For some reason it just felt scarce compared to the PSP offerings. And Monster Hunter does surprisingly make a fun portable game. You can bang out most any mission in under 10 minutes or you can take up the entire allotted time to gather materials. Plus one thing people completely seem to omit is the sleep function on the PSP is just perfect. Pause the game, flick it into sleep mode, and you'll pick up right where you left off.

I don't really care about Dragon Quest, but if you want to look on the flipside, they traded Dragon Quest for Final Fantasy. There hasn't been a main series Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system for well over a decade (outside of remakes).

QUOTE(NiGHtS @ Mar 19 2011, 04:15 PM) I'm a PS3 owner, and having owned a wii, and then selling it to get a sweet, sweet PSPGo, I just think that the Wii's a bit of a novelty. In fact, it IS a novelty. Both the sony machines are entertainment systems and this just tends to suit me more, both Sony machines also have a more 'serious' batch of games, and the Wii's ratio of good games to bad is really badly shifted to the bad side in terms of number of games.

On the flip side the 3DS looks pretty sweet, but unlike the Wii which I regretfully bought launch day, I'm gonna wait it out with both upcoming handhelds to see which is just a tired fad and which is actually pulling new tricks constantly.

Ratios don't really matter. It's not like you're forced to buy the shitty games. Hell, I'd say a Wii is worth it for MadWorld and No More Heroes alone, they're games you just HAVE to play this generation (although No More Heroes Paradise is getting localized to the PS3 soon and there's MadWorld's "spiritual successor", Anarachy Reigns).

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
kazekun said:
Well i have only readen the 1 page, so sorry if i say something that has been repeaten alredy, heres my whole opinion about the main topic : Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

I don't know if it's just me but I felt MH3 was inferior to the PSP Monster Hunter games. For some reason it just felt scarce compared to the PSP offerings. And Monster Hunter does surprisingly make a fun portable game. You can bang out most any mission in under 10 minutes or you can take up the entire allotted time to gather materials. Plus one thing people completely seem to omit is the sleep function on the PSP is just perfect. Pause the game, flick it into sleep mode, and you'll pick up right where you left off.

I don't really care about Dragon Quest, but if you want to look on the flipside, they traded Dragon Quest for Final Fantasy. There hasn't been a main series Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system for well over a decade (outside of remakes).

QUOTE(NiGHtS @ Mar 19 2011, 04:15 PM) I'm a PS3 owner, and having owned a wii, and then selling it to get a sweet, sweet PSPGo, I just think that the Wii's a bit of a novelty. In fact, it IS a novelty. Both the sony machines are entertainment systems and this just tends to suit me more, both Sony machines also have a more 'serious' batch of games, and the Wii's ratio of good games to bad is really badly shifted to the bad side in terms of number of games.

Ratios don't really matter. It's not like you're forced to buy the shitty games. Hell, I'd say a Wii is worth it for MadWorld and No More Heroes alone, they're games you just HAVE to play this generation (although No More Heroes Paradise is getting localized to the PS3 soon and there's MadWorld's "spiritual successor", Anarachy Reigns).

True, the PSP is a little short on variety in games but it has many gems. SMG 1+2, NMH and Paper Mario on the Wii are a few great examples personally speaking.

And I just edited my post on something that came to my mind after reading an earlier post...

"Oh and like what Guzzie said a few posts back, Nintendo generally give the impression they dont give a toss about the smaller things. Menus, Wii presentation, useful firmware updates, tiny things like custom backgrounds, stupid design choices and intuitiveness especially on the Wii menu. Apart from their few key games Nintendo just dont bother.

Even with the 3DS its PATHETIC that half the system isn't even available at launch. What do i mean? Well I mean that early adopters, the ones that Nintendo SHOULD be catering to, of the 3DS will have to wait till the 'Big May Update' to do the stupidly simple things like browse the internet and use the apps they paid for.

This is whats good about Sony and MS, constant firmware updates on their systems to improve features and then some. Sony (I'll use these guys cause I'm not as educated on the 360, but I'm sure even it has the same level of service) even go so far as to give us things we never really asked for. 3D support, Facebook link, Specialised TV apps, and an XMB thats constantly updated even when it works just great already."

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I own many consoles, and I don't buy them according to their power in comparison to other consoles.
I buy them because there are games I want to play (exclusive games), or that it provide new possibilities (touch, 3D, etc.)

Of course PS3 is better than Wii in power comparison, but that doesn't mean the games are bad on other consoles.
I enjoy enjoyable games, whatever console's power the game runs on.

There are less zombie compared to other console, what's the problem? just play the game on the plateform you enjoy the game the most.
Some people don't need to have 40 x more zombies to enjoy the same game on a weaker CPU.
You liked geometry war on Xbox, and people liked it on DS, some other on Wii, all consoles have a different power but all had a good game.
Text RPG from a weaker console can be more enjoyable than a FPS game for people who don't like FPS.

The important is that the player spend a good time and feel happy that he played the games he likes.

People bashing other consoles only have an ego problem and need to feel superior to other people, by using any means they can. I have a better console, I'm better than you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo