Hardware Why do people call the switch a handheld/portable?

• Thread starter Deleted-401606
  • Start date
  • Views 10,041
  • Replies 135
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Nintendo is trying to merge their two markets into one. The switch is the first step.
Well, Nintendo attempted it first with the WiiU in a way but it failed terribly whereas the Switch is being very, very successful although it's not very portable. It doesn't fit a pocket per say, so the user needs to use a backpack or something.

Nintendo will likely release a "Switch Mini" as the rumours claim.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nintendo attempted it first with the Wii U in a way but it failed terribly whereas the Switch is being very, very successful although it's not very portable. It doesn't fit a pocket per say, so the user needs to use a backpack or something.

Nintendo will likely release a "Switch Mini" as the rumours claim.

I was thinking more like a NintendoCaster with screen mirroring, chromecast and the alike.
A NN3DXL sized Switch with built in controls but fully usable with a the switch's blue tooth controllers.

Last edited by chartube12,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it could be either or technically.

Cause that's like saying my 3ds is a console system because I can stream it to my TV and play with a controller.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't a handheld or a portable. It is a CONSOLE that CAN be used as a portable. Judging by the size and the fact that the n2ds xl is coming out it should be more than clear that this is not meant to be a 3ds successor. Its like people try to justify it's lack of power by saying its a handheld.

You act like the big N hasn't released a console remaster a year or two before they kill the console....... because they have!! Gameboy Micro! They are just milking the money from parents as long as they can. Normal corporate strategy done by like every company ever...

And btw you should never assume the identity of a console/handheld. I can be a boy/girl/helicopter/milk dud and you can't say otherwise so why can't this console be a handheld? or a console? or a tablet? You have no right to classify it!!!!

Last edited by enigma85,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS XL does not fit in your pocket unless you've got stupid big pockets. Even then you wouldn't want to actually carry it in your pocket. I still prefer that larger display size even at 240p, though.

Bah.. I can fit the Switch and my XL in my pockets without to much trouble. It's when I have to add my glucose meter and insulin pump when things start to get a bit tight.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Canadians almost always wear winter coats with big pockets even in the summer and inside buildings, LOL...

We embrace the Switch as a portable handheld console up North, anything smaller would seen as a toddlers play toy to us.

Last edited by Nemix77,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is talking coat pockets.

I'm talking front pants pocket. I can fit my insulin pump, glucose kit (meter, strips, lancets) phone, switch and 3DS XL all in it. Sure it gets a bit tight and I have to tighten the belt, but it's easily doable... unless everyone is talking about back pockets.. then I wonder what the hell people are doing putting shit in their back pockets that isn't a wallet.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why the fuck are back pockets even a thing?
for this
article-0-1C3DA95000000578-501_634x889.jpg

Reactions: Bedel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021