Hacking Why do NEW games work on AK2I and not the DSTT ?

GMTN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Thanks Pong and Retro for all your hard work. Some clowns don't appreciated but many do. I have both the DSTT for my son's games and AK2I for myself.

Why does some new games like Batman Brave & Bold ( among others ) work on AK2I but not on the DSTT ? I understand that Pong, Retro and other fixers do their thing but my AK2I's loader HAS NOT BEEN updated since July 15th and many if not all of the NEW games work fine ?

So what's the difference ?

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well because of course.. ak2i is obviously the pimp. ive only had few games that didnt work on it way back when it first came out but ever since like the 3 update to the software i havent hit any games i cant play

GMTN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
A lot of games will use pre-existing AP methods. It's only when games have new AP that people notice it.

That doesn't really explain why some games work on my AK2I. I'm talking about NEW games like Batman Brave and Bold, Lego Harry Potter .

Like I said, the AK2i hasn't gotten an updated loader since July but those games work. DSTT must use pre-existing AP methods too.

As for the other poster who says the DSTT team hasn't been working on it, that I understand but Pong , Retro and others have been making newer games work ?

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the DSTT's firmware is awful, and nobody has compiled an alternative for it. I'm fairly certain "That Goblin Dude" can make Wood for the DSTT, but hasn't. The DSTT firmware (TTMENU, YSMENU) are able to get past little (or no) AP methods, while newer, more expensive cards have firmware that are made with such things in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof