Hardware Why can't the official Gamecube adapter work with Wii games?

Matt_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Nintendont has support to use the GC adapter on the vWii which is great but how come there isn't support for it on Wii games? I'm trying to play brawl as that's the newest smash I have but I refuse to play it without my Gamecube controller and I don't want to fork out even more money for another adapter to connect the Gamecube controller to the Wii controller.

Surely if it's possible for GC games then it should be easily possible for Wii games

Also what about this; http://m.imgur.com/qqzN7Ir

Last edited by Matt_G,

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont supports multiple input types, the gamecube adapter isn't technically 'natively' supported. Nintendont has been programmed to work with it as a HID device. Working with wii games is more troublesome, as it would affect the whole system. As i'm not a programmer I don't know if it could be done or not, but it hasn't been done yet so I'm assuming it's a tricky thing to do.

Matt_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm fair enough, also I updated the post with an image that shows an email from the Nintendo support team saying that the adapter does work with Wii mode

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
They have no plans to update the wii mode. Would you want to anyway? It could possibly fix exploits.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm fair enough, also I updated the post with an image that shows an email from the Nintendo support team saying that the adapter does work with Wii mode

Your photo says that it WILL be compatible with Wii games via vWii, not that it is, and there is no set date.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought the reason it hasn't been added to Wii games is because no ones bothered to work on d2x (or any other cios) in years. I doubt USBLGX or any other loader could patch it in. Even if someone started working on d2x again I think the #1 priority would be to fix compatibility issues.

Matt_G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well I guess I'll just have to stick with the wii even if that means I can't use my wiiu for anything ahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, What a waste.