Hacking Why are the m3 team so slow

D

Deleted User

Maybe if they focused on getting one firmware right and providing fast updates people wouldn't complain...

But since they decided to maintain three different firmwares and slowly update the crappiest one first...

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
schismzgz said:
Maybe if they focused on getting one firmware right and providing fast updates people wouldn't complain...

But since they decided to maintain three different firmwares and slowly update the crappiest one first...

That's because the "crappriest" is the original firmware, meanwhile the others are relativelly new, and Sakura was not originally programmed by them.

QUOTE(Bently @ Mar 17 2010, 02:52 PM) That's not essentially the point, when the Big Nintendo programs anti-piracy measures on hit games like Pokemon, Mario Series, Legend Of Zelda, etc. the
anti-piracy measures are usually meant to effect all flashcarts that can play backup/pirated roms.

It's partially true. The AP is designed to work with the originall hardware, wich has the solution to the AP, and not in the Flashcarts, where the firmware must emulate the corrections the original hardware do.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bently said:
Game_Master001 said:
Well, I do have to agree the M3 usually can play a game slower. But that's because AP usually hits the M3 the hardest. Most of the cards that can play a game sooner than the M3, are either cards unaffected by AP (Nintendo didn't even think it was worth their time to get their AP to work on those), or cards that are affected by AP, but which can be solved in a much simpler way (like using a cheat or a patch, both not working for the M3), which is not the fault of the M3, but rather of how the AP works.
And despite AP usually hitting the M3 pretty hard, the M3 team still releases useful and reliable firmware upgrades. It might take a week, or even 2 weeks, but a fix is always guaranteed.

That's not essentially the point, when the Big Nintendo programs anti-piracy measures on hit games like Pokemon, Mario Series, Legend Of Zelda, etc. the
anti-piracy measures are usually meant to effect all flashcarts that can play backup/pirated roms.

Yes it does hit all flashcarts, but depending on how the flashcart goes about running games it can be harder to patch the game. If you haven't noticed, a lot of cheat code fixes or patches don't work on the M3, most of the time a patch has to be made especially for it.

QUOTE(schismzgz @ Mar 17 2010, 02:57 PM)

Well, there's a reason they have 3 firmwares.

1. They need touchpod because the G6 DS can only run that firmware, and they don't want to drop support for that flashcart and piss a lot of people off.
2. They can't just stick to Sakura because it was not originally made by them, meaning that quite a few things are out of their control. One of these things would be the long cheat description bug. They have no way to fix that, because they'd have to completely replace the cheat engine included in Sakura.
3. So they made Kaura so they have a not crappy firmware that they have full access to!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
schismzgz said:
They do focus and their updates are well & truly fast enough. Don't forget they are just back from holidays and there was a bit going on in the firmware development area prior to their break.
lecture.gif

The only people that complain are the 'tools' that can't play the latest & greatest AP protected games (presumably before their friends & neighbours!). And before anyone labels me a fanboy, yes, I do also own an AK2i running latest AKAIO.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Mew- said:
Pretty much everyone can play pokemon now except us poor m3 folks ;_;
R4
DSTT
EZ Flash V

And M3 team is actually way faster than Cyclo but slower than akAIO slightly, this is the first time they are taking slightly more time for HGSS but remember when Bowser's Inside Story was dumped? M3 was the second team to fix it in a day or two ;)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Maybe they were just waiting for DIY, Infinite Space, and HGSS to be dumped so they can make sure they all work at once?
Thats a valid point too, it would be better to get 3-5 game fixes in one update rather than 3-5 updates
wink.gif

M3 isnt slow you guys are impatient

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cyberninja said:
DeltaBurnt said:
They've already confirmed they're working on a fix. Be happy you have a M3 and not a R4 or DSTT.

Meh I had an M3 ds simply and they never fixed that.
M3 Simply is pretty much a R4. So after R4 crapped out M3 simply died with it

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
lilaznkilla said:
cyberninja said:
DeltaBurnt said:
They've already confirmed they're working on a fix. Be happy you have a M3 and not a R4 or DSTT.

So it was the M3 that was the clone?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64Temp said:
lilaznkilla said:
cyberninja said:
DeltaBurnt said:

Yes.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N64Temp said:
lilaznkilla said:
cyberninja said:
DeltaBurnt said:

At the time when the R4 came out they needed a way to keep up revunues while they worked on the long awaited M3 DS Real, so they rebranded (they didn't clone) the m3 simply.

It's sorta the same thing with the R4i RTS, alot of people call it a R4 clone by M3 but it's actually an official flashcart. They got permission to use the name and everything.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Jakob95 said:
N64Temp said:
Yes.

NO! M3 Simply was -NOT- an R4 Clone!

It was a rebranded R4.
R4's and M3's were made in the same place as each other using the same hardware.

Yes, from my understanding they have the rights to the hardware and firmware on the M3 Simply. The M3 Simply definetly isn't a clone.

QUOTE(Jemlee @ Mar 19 2010, 09:52 PM) QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Mar 15 2010, 11:10 PM)

I second that!!!
bow.gif

When I had the r4 as a main cart it was hell
hate2.gif

Which is why I have ak2i, cyclo and edge.

wtf.gif

Mind sharing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag