Who's your favorite Comedian?

• Thread starter SixSenseEagle
  • Start date
  • Views 4,556
  • Replies 58

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Wait, I see an error:

I listened to most of his stuff..and i think i only liked 2 jokes. I didn't laugh. I just chuckled.

overall, you're list is neat. ^_^

No one likes Dane Cook. They only like the various comedians he steals his jokes from.

Dane Cook was ginormously popular when his first album was out. EVERYBODY was quoting it nonstop. And then once some hipsters caught on to how all his crap was structured, it became popular to hate him. It's the same with Family Guy, everyone and their mother thought the show was genius for the first two seasons, and then people started to be all, "HURRHURR REFERENCES!!!" I'm sure Dane Cook and Family Guy suck now, but talking about how you hate them like you always hated them is one of those hipster douchebag things. And now we've got a whole new generation of people that never saw the original season of Family Guy / Dane Cook performance, and just immediately think they suck because they've heard it repeated so many times.

Call me a hipster if you want. I never found Dane Cook funny. I found him annoying. Even doubly so now since my Ex-girlfriend practically worshiped him.

Reactions: 3 people

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeff dunham is like dane cook. He started out really funny. Now he is really overrated. I actually saw him live during the identity crisis tour (have the shirt and posterand tix to prove it) and i was REALLY dissapointed. Achmed is heavily relied on now because of peoples reaction to him and its just sad how unfunny hes gotten. Watch his old stuff from the 90s THATS funny. Everything now is rehashed from the 90s or just stupid.

S

SixSenseEagle

Jeff Dunham. He is number one.
Woah There he funny, and all with the puppets and everything, but I didn't make the list because who we're my favorite in numbers, probably for dave chapelle lol, but thats because he was the very first comedian I heard of long ago when I was like 7, and when the first dave chappelle show came on, but anyway I made this list because who we're my favorite comedians that I heard of first not because of who we're the best in numbers I'm Sorry if you got idea, but hey if you do that again I will Kill you!!! from your favorite Terrorist (Achmed the dead terrorist)

Reactions: 1 person

AudibleAdvent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Russel Peters, hands down!
Has anyone seen that movie he starred in? I've never seen a movie with such a perfect concoction of humor and plot-line; usually one has to be sacrificed for the other.
Besides his movie, his stand up comedy is a riot! I didn't go a minute without laughing during his hour long stand-up video (search it up, it's on YouTube).
I'm not really a fan of racist jokes or dry humour, but Russel speaks from experience and as long as he makes fun of himself (or more specifically, his race), I see no harm in his jokes.
Besides Russel, Mike Von and Bruce Jingles are pretty funny too.

S

SixSenseEagle

Marx brothers. If you don't know them (I'm aiming this at the stupid kiddies) then you're fucking dumb and you need to watch all of their shit.
Why they gotta be stupid, and You can't expect teens and kids in this generation to see this type of comedy in this new generation Comedy central and other Comedy tv networks don't really show this type of stuff, also I just search this stuff on youtube earlier, and it's not really known like that, But don't get me wrong comedians and other people should salute them, because they probably orginated comedy idk, but I bet if it wasn't them it proabably wouldn't be no comedy till later on, and I bet it would have suck for everyone in the future :(, but luckly it didn't happen :) .

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I see an error:

I listened to most of his stuff..and i think i only liked 2 jokes. I didn't laugh. I just chuckled.

overall, you're list is neat. ^_^

No one likes Dane Cook. They only like the various comedians he steals his jokes from.

Dane Cook was ginormously popular when his first album was out. EVERYBODY was quoting it nonstop. And then once some hipsters caught on to how all his crap was structured, it became popular to hate him. It's the same with Family Guy, everyone and their mother thought the show was genius for the first two seasons, and then people started to be all, "HURRHURR REFERENCES!!!" I'm sure Dane Cook and Family Guy suck now, but talking about how you hate them like you always hated them is one of those hipster douchebag things. And now we've got a whole new generation of people that never saw the original season of Family Guy / Dane Cook performance, and just immediately think they suck because they've heard it repeated so many times.

Call me a hipster if you want. I never found Dane Cook funny. I found him annoying. Even doubly so now since my Ex-girlfriend practically worshiped him.

Fair enough

S

SixSenseEagle

Well at least that crazy situation is over now (Sigh), And the bad thing is I didn't even start it first, he cuss first smh, and thats why I shouted, my bad Twin retro :(.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
standup?
mitch hederg, patton oswalt, david cross, sarah silverman
comedians in general apart from standup?
bob odenkirk, tina fey, to a lesser extent amy poehler

(also just commenting, I've seen tosh on here, I never found out why people liked him too much *shrug* different strokes for different folks, I guess)

Reactions: 1 person
S

SixSenseEagle

I was just watching this yesterday lmao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL357BrwK7c&feature=related

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The above post shows dunhams slow drive to killing his career o.o
Like I said, he focuses everything on achmed nowadays. His new special gave about 20 mins to each puppet then almost an hour to achmed and his "son".
Even at the live show (which is much more racy then the tv specials) he dedicated over an hour to achmed, and barely did anything with his new puppet Diane. And it was almost all a bunch of rehashed jokes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!