Hacking Who uses flashcards on their 3DS?

Do you use a flashcard on your shiny new 3DS?

• Hell yeah! I love me some NDS goodness!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way! Don't want to risk an onine ban or similar!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

GohanX

People should get it out of their heads that there's any chance of Nintendo bricking your 3ds. There's no chance. 0.

However, what they can, and possibly will do is ban you from their online services which can include updating, buying from the 3ds shop, and playing 3ds games online. If you're okay with that or willing to take the risk then go ahead and use a flashcard. If you're worried about it, then wait til may-june and I'm sure everyone will have a better idea of what Nintendo is planning on doing.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
When I got mine I tried the third Layton (to check out the "DS games look horrible" rumour), since that was true, I just use my flashcarts on my DSi. No flashcart has every went into my 3DS

About the bricking thing, It's illegal for Nintendo to do so (at least by UK law) since Nintendo like to do the same thing to everyone (i.e. unremovable shutter sound with the camara for all consoles even though it's only required by law in certain places) they will never brick a non-British console (it's probably illegal in many other places but I never bothered to check)

They can, however, block online gaming, the shop, updates that's the reason I've not put my DSTWO or R4i in my 3DS.

WhiteX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, tried my DSTwo on my 3DS:

Looks fugly, back to DSlite, now i´m afraid iwont be able to use the eshop in May.
frown.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I sold my DS Lite a few days ago (joke's on CEX, it's broken) so I now need to replace my Cyclo with something 3DS compatable. Probably a Supercard DS Two, since they play GBA games too, assuming that feature still works on the 3DS.

WingedElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, random question but, will the acekard be able to play 3DS games soon?
It will mostly determine if I will get the card or no, since I still use my Wood R4

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
WingedElf said:
It will mostly determine if I will get the card or no, since I still use my Wood R4

not realy not anytime soon that is.
keep using the r4 wood for any news the first page to have it will be the 3ds hacking thread.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WingedElf said:
We can't see in the future to tell you wheather it will or not. But most probably not anytime soon.

Kaimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The reason I don't use flashcard on 3DS is because my flashcard is EDGE and it's only work for dslite. I don't plan to buy a new flashcard without the capability to play 3DS games. So I guess for now I just wait.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Kaimu said:
The reason I don't use flashcard on 3DS is because my flashcard is EDGE and it's only work for dslite. I don't plan to buy a new flashcard without the capability to play 3DS games. So I guess for now I just wait.

dont worry count in that the edge team will be releasing their update for 3ds soon

Kaimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
vandawn said:
Kaimu said:

dont worry count in that the edge team will be releasing their update for 3ds soon
Nope, I don't wait for the EDGE team to release their update for 3DS. I am waiting for a new card that can run 3DS games, not just DS /DSi games. So until then, my 3DS gonna stay with the original games. Besides my EDGE is the first EDGE [not iEDGE], so there is zero chance it will run in 3DS.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Kaimu said:
vandawn said:
Kaimu said:

Nope, I don't wait for the EDGE team to release their update for 3DS. I am waiting for a new card that can run 3DS games, not just DS /DSi games. So until then, my 3DS gonna stay with the original games. Besides my EDGE is the first EDGE [not iEDGE], so there is zero chance it will run in 3DS.

true the simple edge card wont work on 3ds i guess
well even though i used a couple of r4 cards on my 3ds to check which work and which not
i am buying games cause 3D effects are too awesome just to leave them alone till a flashcard is being made that can play 3ds games
also i wont miss persona/legend of zelda games just waitting for a flashcard xD

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too bad you didnt take into consideration the stress they put into the eyes.
reason why I got a 3DS was to have something better than the PSP and which would have better games by the end of the year and that would allow me to run the games smoother than my DSL using a flashcard

Oh who am I kidding, I bought it only for Layton VS Phoenix wright, Thats it.

desam57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont want to throw away 275 bucks so i dont use my supercard2, and i still have my dsi so i use it on that. but ill wait till the update too see whats up.

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope nothing happens to my 3DS next update. I let my brother play with it a little and he decided to stick the old M3DS Real into it and see if it would work. Had a stupid G6 DS Real icon in my Activity Log so I formatted the 3DS in hopes that it would clear out everything.

Knowing Nintendo though, I bet they have some sort of internal log hidden within the flash.
frown.gif

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using my SCDSTWO all the time.
Really, what should happen? They can't even prove that you are using a flashcart. And even if they could...

Better question: Who uses a COPY(!!!) of Windows or whatever OS you're using on their comp? Did MS EVER catch someone, even when using their services on a system with a copied OS? NOPE, they never did!

So why would I care about my Flashcart? Even if Ninty knew... I wouldn't want to carry thausands of games around with me. I rather enjoy the easiness of a flashcart... ^^

And well... My Wii isn't cracked or something... I will always buy my Wii or 3DS games so what... xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol