Who here liked Paper Mario: Color Splash?

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I loved it because of the phenomenal writing and good graphics. I wouldn't play it again though just because I have less free time (and patience) these days. If someone released a hack which defeats normal enemies on contact then I may replay it.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played the beginning but it seems it wasn't able to keep be interested. But I do tend to have less and less patience towards turn-based RPGs as I get older, Action-RPGs are so much better.

Reactions: depaul

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the beginning but it seems it wasn't able to keep be interested. But I do tend to have less and less patience towards turn-based RPGs as I get older, Action-RPGs are so much better.
Even something like the Mario & Luigi games? I rather have turn based rpgs be as interactive as those games.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Me too. I've started it years ago, never finished it. It's a bit boring.

Reactions: Ligeia

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even something like the Mario & Luigi games? I rather have turn based rpgs be as interactive as those games.
Yeah even these games. I don't know, the seperation bewteen field and battle bores me to death nowadays. It just feels like unnecessary padding, tedium and repetitiveness to me. And the constant music start & stops annoy me as well lol.

Good example, I tried Persona 5 but quit after the first chapter, it's not a bad game at all but there's those turned-based battles lol. And then I played Tokyo Xanadu, which is kind of an Action-RPG Persona, and I played it to the end, loved it to death and plan on replaying it in the future.

I can still play some turned based RPG I already know and love such as the first 6 Final Fantasy, but it's getting really hard for me to get into a new one. Dragon Quest XII is probably gonna be an exception as I loved DQ XI a lot.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah even these games. I don't know, the seperation bewteen field and battle bores me to death nowadays. It just feels like unnecessary padding, tedium and repetitiveness to me. And the constant music start & stops annoy me as well lol.

Good example, I tried Persona 5 but quit after the first chapter, it's not a bad game at all but there's those turned-based battles lol. And then I played Tokyo Xanadu, which is kind of an Action-RPG Persona, and I played it to the end, loved it to death and plan on replaying it in the future.

I can still play some turned based RPG I already know and love such as the first 6 Final Fantasy, but it's getting really hard for me to get into a new one. Dragon Quest XII is probably gonna be an exception as I loved DQ XI a lot.
What about the Tales of games? I feel like if a turn based rpg is fast paced then it doesn't bother me like Final Fantasy IX is too slow for me.

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I enjoyed it. It was actually my introduction to Paper Mario. I know it wasn't the best game in the series, but I had a fun time regardless.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about the Tales of games? I feel like if a turn based rpg is fast paced then it doesn't bother me like Final Fantasy IX is too slow for me.
To be honest I never really tried the Tales of games, except for a few minutes here and there. But it's on my list of things to do :yay:

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, as a big Paper Mario fan, I waited for this game with very high hopes. Got it on launch day and played it with all my heart. I remember the graphics were pretty good and the game felt "alive". Sadly, though, it failed to keep me interested in a short time. No matter how much I wanted to like it, it just didn't had "it" for me. I really hate the idea of not leveling up and being kind of restricted on RPGs. The first two Paper Mario are the greatest ones in my opinion (extremely fun to play, great battle system, leveling up, badges, INCREDIBLE story and side missions, awesome locations and music, SO MUCH content, etc) not other has come nearly close. But all in all, Color Splash is a good game, for newcomers or just for chilling out, but as a veteran fan, it feels like something is missing there. Just my two cents.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked it alot. I played the first hour on Cemu and it made me buy a WiiU. I admit I never finished it but life got in the way and when I finally had time I got into other games. I will finish it soon, thanks for reminding me.

Unpopular opinion: Sticker Star was OK.

Favorites in the series were RPG, Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario... loved the 3D switching.

Reactions: Blythe93

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked it alot. I played the first hour on Cemu and it made me buy a WiiU. I admit I never finished it but life got in the way and when I finally had time I got into other games. I will finish it soon, thanks for reminding me.

Unpopular opinion: Sticker Star was OK.

Favorites in the series were RPG, thousands year for and Super Paper Mario loved the 3D switching.
Sticker Star is bad, PERIOD!!!

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sticker Star is bad, PERIOD!!!

There's the self important, be like me, Gen Z troll. You're not that important. That's your opinion. Having to manage your quantified attacks was a pain but unique. Maybe YOU just SUCK at it. You're entitled to your opinion. But it wasn't a bad game. It's better than a lot of popular games.

Good luck with your intrarectalcrainialitis!

Reactions: Blythe93

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's the self important, be like me, Gen Z troll. You're not that important. That's your opinion. Having to manage your quantified attacks was a pain but unique. Maybe YOU just SUCK at it. You're entitled to your opinion. But it wasn't a bad game. It's better than a lot of popular games.

Good luck with your intrarectalcrainialitis!
What does Gen Z have to do with it? If you played the other Paper Mario games you know why Sticker Star is bad. Sticker Star lacks what made the other Paper Mario games good instead replaces it with convoluted mechanics that no one asked for so shove it. Also I'm not Gen Z so check your ignorance. Now ignoring mikefor20.

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,
Reactions: mikefor20

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your Introduction? Oh you poor sweet summer child...atleast Sticker Star wasn't your introduction.
I imagine I would have liked the game less if I played the Thousand Year Door first.:lol:
Sticker Star was... tedious compared to the rest. Probably didn't help that I already exhausted myself by playing all Mario & Luigi games for the 3DS one after another before that.

Reactions: mikefor20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol