Which was the first game you ever loved and hated?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gabbynaruto said:
FF4 (DS), FF7 (PC), FF12: Revenant Wings (DS), and the Crystal Chronicles games for DS.

That's like not even half the games. That's like two main series games and two spin offs (not even huge spin offs like the original Crystal Chronicles and the original Tactics). Plus it's probably the worst version of FFIV (the graphics are crap and in a game about story, having such goofy visuals doesn't work) unless some of the original ports are terrible.

There's not much reason to say you hate the entire series when you haven't even tried a quarter of it.

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Guild McCommunist said:
Gabbynaruto said:
FF4 (DS), FF7 (PC), FF12: Revenant Wings (DS), and the Crystal Chronicles games for DS.

That's like not even half the games. That's like two main series games and two spin offs (not even huge spin offs like the original Crystal Chronicles and the original Tactics). Plus it's probably the worst version of FFIV (the graphics are crap and in a game about story, having such goofy visuals doesn't work) unless some of the original ports are terrible.

There's not much reason to say you hate the entire series when you haven't even tried a quarter of it.

Well, the battle system is about the same in all of them, right? That's more than a good reason for me to hate it. I don't like that kind of battle style at all, cause, well, it's just boring, and that makes Final Fantasy boring too.

Oh well, that's just me. And, aside from Final Fantasy, I don't think I hate other games (I don't like Counter-Strike, and GTA games, but not hate them)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First game I loved was Crash Bandicoot on the Playstation. It was a really good game. First game I hated was Bubsy 3D on the Playstation. It was more like a bad acid trip than a video game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gabbynaruto said:
Well, the battle system is about the same in all of them, right? That's more than a good reason for me to hate it. I don't like that kind of battle style at all, cause, well, it's just boring, and that makes Final Fantasy boring too.

Oh well, that's just me. And, aside from Final Fantasy, I don't think I hate other games (I don't like Counter-Strike, and GTA games, but not hate them)

FFI-III have the same battle system (traditional turn based), IV-VI have the same battle system (ATB), VII, VIII, and IX all use different variations on the ATB, X is turn based again (one of the better turn based battle systems I've seen), XII is completely different (I don't even know what the fuck to call it), XIII uses an ATB variation but is significantly different.

Don't knock it until you tried it. I have my complaints with Final Fantasy but they've kept, for the most part, some of the most solid battle systems for JRPGs.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved wario land for the gameboy.
I hated wario land shake it for the wii.
hate2.gif
(Way to easy, the older ones were a challenge and this one did not feel like a real wario land game.)

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the first game I loved was Pokemon Gold.. Really, best time of my life playing that game.. Eventually, it broke down, and didnt want to boot again. It was dead after like 10 years of playtime..

The second game I loved was Boktai. It was so good in gameplay terms, as well as the innovative gameplay. I played all the games of the saga.

The game I hated ... none. I dont have games I hate.

4-leaf-clover

SHSL LUCKSTER :/
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well i started really late with gaming since i didn't had much intrest in games when i was a child
But the first game i really loved was Crash Team Racing just loved that games.
The game that i really hated was Driver for the ps1 first i liked it but when i did the last mission i just raged
frown.gif

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn your all young with your 90's games
anyways back to the thread mine was jet set willy on the spectrum even when cheating the game was near impossible to finish, the attic bug made me cry

RXerO.jpg

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Guild McCommunist said:
Gabbynaruto said:

FFI-III have the same battle system (traditional turn based), IV-VI have the same battle system (ATB), VII, VIII, and IX all use different variations on the ATB, X is turn based again (one of the better turn based battle systems I've seen), XII is completely different (I don't even know what the fuck to call it), XIII uses an ATB variation but is significantly different.

Don't knock it until you tried it. I have my complaints with Final Fantasy but they've kept, for the most part, some of the most solid battle systems for JRPGs.

Hm, okay, thanks! Hope I'll be able to get to like them like you do.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, i think the first (PC) game i Loved were the original Wolfstein... Which i played on a Black and White 10" screen using the PC speaker as the sound source.
As for a console game, Frostbyte for the Atari 2600 was my first love
wub.gif

As for my first really hated game, it's easy to remember, and claer as crystal: Storm Lords, for Genesis. Don't ask my why, I just hate that game with all my forces.
mad.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game that I first loved was The Legend of Zelda. That game is the reason that I play games still today 20+ years later. I still play it more than I play newer games.

The first game that I hated was probably Super Man 64. That game was a complete disappointment to me. I can't remember playing any games that I really hated before the N64 days because most games were fun before that since I was just a kid.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I love Super Mario Brothers 3. Can't get enough of playing this. And just last week, I discovered about the White Mushroom Houses and the Anchor item. Lol

I really really really hate... Milon's Secret Castle on the Nes @_@

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Pinball on the Atari 2600 so much that I was able, using the "English" nudge on the ball, to play "infinitely." After the initial excitement of rolling over the scoreboard the first time, and then again, and then again ... I realized the game had no fun left in it for me anymore. So my first loved game, and hated game, are one and the same.

I could say the same for the arcade version of Battlezone. Back then looking through the view goggles into that vector graphic playing field was so badass, but the game kicked my ass every time until I only had a couple quarters left. At that point I'd usually give up in disgust and play Pole Position or Galaxian a couple times and go home.

Yes, I'm old.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: