Hacking Which psp should i buy to put CFW on?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all psp models in any fw version support the installation of cfw, if it needs to be a psp and not a ps vita, then I recommend you the psp 3000.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Google a bit more, and you'll find that there was a discussion about a "ghosting effect" on the screens of some PSP models. Myself, I've seen that effect and it becomes awful and more noticeable when playing 2D games. Can't remember which models were affected by it, but can't be too difficult to find out.

Another thing you might (or not) consider is the capability of the PSP to create a Pandora battery which might prove useful at some time. I've 5 PSP's and from them all only one can create Pandora's, luckily for me.

So then the PSP model is something "important" to consider before buying a PSP if you're interested in something more than just using it for retro-playing or backup loading.

Drainz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your right... ive heard about pandora batterys but i dont know what they do.. i guess ill do a little research. and as for the "ghosting effect" i wouldnt want that to happen so im definitely gonna research it a bit more...

True Echo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1k medicore screen
2k have ghosting
3k have scanlines
e1k is trash

Pick what you want:) There is no perfect one i have 1k and 2k and i like them both.

D

Deleted User

no love for go?

Go is the best edition imo.
Small, nice Screen and 16 GB built in already!
and its by far the most stylish edition tbh.

never would give away my white go <3

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want maximum portability, get the psp go. comes with 16gb built in storage, nice compact size, but uses a different sd card type i think.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would say PSP Go, pretty underrated imo.
I've had one since 2011 and it has worked perfectly fine for me.

I considered buying a Go when deciding on which would be my first PSP. Went to a store, tried it, button configuration (position) is awkward and unconfortable for me, so I decided not to get it. Later, the memory type came to my attention and it's price too... well, definitely not a PSP Go for me. I consider the Go a first try on a Vita, it might be "underrated" but I consider it is for good reasons, just like the Vita, sadly.

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I considered buying a Go when deciding on which would be my first PSP. Went to a store, tried it, button configuration (position) is awkward and unconfortable for me, so I decided not to get it. Later, the memory type came to my attention and it's price too... well, definitely not a PSP Go for me. I consider the Go a first try on a Vita, it might be "underrated" but I consider it is for good reasons, just like the Vita, sadly.
your supposed to get the psp go to ps3 controller carrier and just use a ps3 controller the tiny hidden slidder buttons are just there for looks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk