Hacking Which MicroSD for the GateWay 3DS?

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDXC is the what you should be adapting to in the future..

Personaly, I am adapting to it now cause Gateway supports AND recommends it. Sandisk 64 gb class 10 SDXC for $50 from costco

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDXC is the what you should be adapting to in the future..

Personaly, I am adapting to it now cause Gateway supports AND recommends it. Sandisk 64 gb class 10 SDXC for $50 from costco

This. I own the same 64GB SDXC Class 10 (UHS1, not that it matters) and it works great with the Gateway, I have it formatted as ExFAT.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at your card if it has any number: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. And tell me.
I think there's a tiny 2 in a circle, but it is a sdhc 16 gb C16G JAPAN (thought it said sandisk but I guess I was wrong, sorry bad eyes.)

Havent used it that much/dont have too much to compare it too so, if your gonna buy somthing no reason to look specifically for this one :P

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"As we try to stay futureproof with our product, FAT32(SDHC) is not the only filesystem
we decided to support. Higher capacity cards typically ship with
the ExFAT(SDXC) filesystem, so it was only natural that we added support for ExFAT as well.
ExFAT actually removes the 4GB file size limitation that FAT32 has, so this means you won’t ever have to split up 4GB+ games.
For this reason, we actually recommend using ExFAT on your MicroSD cards. As an added bonus,
games on the ExFAT filesystem load much faster than on FAT32, so we really recommend it." - Gateway.

But not with 32GB?

I was talking about the format of the card, not the size of it. If I were to buy another card for my gateway, it would be this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BULK-Mobile...US_Cellphone_Memory_Cards&hash=item4ad591f436

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Pretty sure gateway where just advising the use of exfat not sdxc, really it doesn't matter get whatever size you want

Also sdhd and sdxc aren't features they are just a card standard, it doesn't actually mean the card is any better or worse.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SDHC does support over 32 GB, but the format change was made with 64 GB (SDXC). Thus 64GB carts are SDXC instead of SDHC. There are 4 GB SD cards available too, but they were the first versions. Most 4 GB cards are SDHC, since the change to SDHC was done at the time.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the highest-gigabyte AND cheapest card that'd work for this?

Let me say this another way: Will higher-gigabyte'd cards work? Like, 128gb? And where can I find the cheapest 128gb one? Also, does HC matter? Or does it not matter if it's SD vs SDHC?

Thanks!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Let me say this another way: Will higher-gigabyte'd cards work? Like, 128gb? And where can I find the cheapest 128gb one? Also, does HC matter? Or does it not matter if it's SD vs SDHC?

Thanks!

Generally:
SD =<2GB (some 4GB cards exist)
SDHC from 4GB to 32GB
SDXC 64GB<

Probably the cheapest at the moment would be a bundle of 32GB cards or 64GB cards. The 128GB cards exist, but tend to be more expensive.

Doesn't matter whether you use SD, SDHC or SDXC as long as you have the needed file systems (ExFAT for larger cards).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Thanks!
128GB should work, but i always like the saying "don't put all your eggs in 1 basket, if your card breaks for whatever reason thats it, i would suggest 2 64GB or 4 32GB.....unless you really have a lot of games you want at the same time
the SD/SDHC/SDXC doesnt really matter, its more of a guideline to say these new higher capacity cards are not exactly the same, and devices marked sdhc might not work with sdxc.......but gateway works with all currently available SD standards

tbh assuming these are legit, the price isnt much more than if you bought 2 64gb cards
www.mobymemory.co.uk/5450-sandisk-128gb-micro-sdxc-class-10-uhs-i-memory-card.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.