Hacking Which IOS do I need so I can turn on my Wii with the headest?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Why don't you restore your settings via bootmii?
You said that you have a 1 month old, I think it's the best way, since it's impossible for us know exactly what happened to your Wii.

So, here's the plan:
-You store your saves in the SD card
-Restore your old NAND
-From that make an official update
-???
-Profit!

That is post intensive modding... I helped him make it...

And smashdude... given how we have ALL said 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 have added not a single new feature except making homebrew a pain in the ass.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong move buddy. VERY VERY VERY wrong move. Here, let me make this clear.

UPDATING TO SYSTEM MENU (Wii OS) 4.3U Official IS USELESS (worthless, not needed) WHEN YOU HAVE A SOFTMOD. THERE ARE STILL TRACES (leftovers) OF THE HACKING PROCEDURE DONE ON THE WII. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU HIDE IT, IT'S STILL THERE. USE THE LITTLE PROGRAM CALLED 'MODMII' BY THAT XFLAK GUY AND REHACK YOUR WII AS A VIRGIN. YOUR LITTLE VENTURE FOR AN OFFICIAL OS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD.

At least I get some extra post count from this clown.
tongue.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
smashdude said:
1. I don't pirate games or any software.

2. My WFC and internet settings work fine so why do you think it is Nintendo who is blocking me from updating via Wii settings? And by doing NUS is that for just ONE update or any update? I want this functional for any update and NO I am NOT trying to brick my Wii.

1. Who cares.

2. Umm....NUS = Nintendo's Update Servers. To install either a patched IOS or a patched System Menu, there are a few ways: (a) Install a WAD of the patched IOS/SM, (b) Install a fresh WAD of the base IOS/SM and patch it on the fly, or © download the base/original files from the Nintendo's Update Servers and then patch it on the fly. You simply used MMM to install, what is most likely, a patched System Menu 4.3.

You can leech from the NUS as much as you want, give or take. When a Wii is updated, it gets the resources from the same place. NUS (NUSD) is just a program that lets you leech what you want from their servers. The best part is that everything you leech is unpatched/untouched/original, unless you select other options. You can then create a WAD from that information.

Don't listen to the guys above, as they seem to not know what they are talking about. Nintendo will not ban you for modding your system. They simply (attempt to) remove all pirated software from their system (make it vanilla again, w/o losing all your settings/saved data).

If you believe your Wii is actually banned from Nintendo WFC, then contact Nintendo and ask them. You can talk to them about it to find out why and to unban you if it was for unjust reasons. This is Nintendo we're talking about, not Microsoft, or heavens forbid, Sony. Nintendo actually appreciates real customers who purchase their products, and goes out of their way to make sure they have the best experience with their products. I have received nothing but amazing support from them throughout the years. But, getting back to your situation,

Simply check with them. You already said you do not pirate games, which means you do not download them illegally, or use unauthorized copies of the games themselves. So all your purchases from the Wii store are tied to your account. I did not read back and have no idea why you decided to mod your Wii to fix a problem on a perfectly legit Wii. If you modded your Wii, you can do a few things: either re-virginize it (not recommended, unless you do not need backup loaders, and you don't, so there you go) or use ModMyWii and just tell it your Wii is a virgin (vanilla). Simply skip the steps about bannerbomb or any of that nonsense, and install all the IOS WADs (not the CIOS ones, just the IOS ones, unless, again, you play backups, which you already said you didn't). Then restart. Not all your IOSes will be original, untouched: some will be patched of course otherwise this would be a revirginizing. To revirginize your Wii, do one of two things: wait for a newer system menu to show up ,and then install it via system update on your Wii OR use either MMM (since it's already on there) or NUSD to download and install every IOS, and latest SystemMenu4.3. Make sure no patch options are selected. Install everything, restart. Unless you have something such as BootMii (you already said no priiloader/preloader), it will be revirginized.

Again, easy solutions.

Please disprove this XFlak.
EDIT: I would laugh so hard if this was someone like raulpica pulling a dickload of wool over our eyes. XD

bhast2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
I am talking about how to get teh FOLDER that had the NUS downloader inside of it. That directory. But I will now check and see if I can find it since you claim you can't post it here.

You make the folder,
you right click your desktop and make a new folder and name it NUS and then put the files in it.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@smashdude i feel your pain, i have my Wii soft modded with ModMii. it has the DarkWii .csm so i thought that this might be why my Wii freezes at a black screen at startup when the headbanger mic is plugged in. so i asked my cousin to bring his softmod Wii over, his has no .csm and he still had the same problem on his Wii.

now this has never happened with a mic plugged in. so maybe this is a hardware issue and not ios.
perhaps someone (with coding knowledge) will take the time to purchase or at least borrow a headset and dev a patch.

till that day you'll just have to keep plugging that heaset.

bhast2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
I am following THIS guide and don't know the proper download I need to get these files: http://www.screencast.com/users/bhast2/fol...e0-7cb426097c62

I need a proper version link to get this and then I can proceed with the video's instructions as I currently do not have the files that I need. Just any NUS downlaoder thing?
you can't find shit for yourself can you

it is on the Wiki jeez

it took two seconds to find it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nusdownloader

http://nusdownloader.googlecode.com/files/NUSD_v15aBeta.zip

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks willl do what is demonstrated in the video and HOPE this enables my Wii Setings to allow me to click on system update and not give me this 32007 error message like it has been giving me.

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
So disable block disc updates and online updates? I had them disabled last time I had Priiloader set up. Then WAN is the problem. And I understand Xflak but all I want to do if POSSIBLE is update officially when I have the newest versions of HBC that will keep my hacks intact even when I update. The reason why I need to update officially is to get new features and bypassing them everytrime by WADding or any other hack is a pain in the ass to do.

Internet Channel and WSC work fine atm but that's because there haven't been any updates as of lately. There will be some updates over the holidays and while I have my Wii with me on vacation without my SD cards, I can't bypass them. So now I am guessing the issue has to be with the 4.3U WAN firmware that I had previously installed before I ModMii's. I installed SM 4.3 via MMM and the WAN via -----. I keep on getting the 32007 error code whenever I try and official update.
this part of post is like 2 days old but the reason you get the 32007 error when trying to update is because alot of your ios's are out of date like my internet channel would work but not wii shop then using pimp my wii it put everything that was needed up tp date

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Dec 15 2010, 08:54 AM) If you get error 32007 it means either your internet is very bad or Nintendo's servers are busy.

he cant update his wii cause his wii is not up to date i remember i was going to update mine cause i was like im not going to hack games any more and had a same problem cause i had old ios's but instead i used pimp my wii and didnt update at all since i decided to play games off a flashdrive

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is hilarious. 19 pages of crap.

dude, take nus downloader. click "database" then click update database. then tick pack -> wad. click extras, go to emulate wii system update and pick your region. run the script, install the wads. done. just don't install the stubs for your cios.

4.3wan is not doing this. its probably the way the wii works and the headset. try plugging a different usb device in and see if it replicates. i didn't get to see your full specs last week as i don't think you posted them and the mod deleted my post letting you know you failed to post them.

i am not looking at this thread anymore. UNPLUG THE HEADSET!!! you saying its a pain the ass to GET UP!?!?!?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
youngrex said:
he cant update his wii cause his wii is not up to date
Isn't that the whole point of updates? It would be pretty stupid if Nintendo updates require that the Wii is already up to date, it doesn't even make sense!

@ Smashdude, my offer still stands, u can mail me your Wii, and I'll mod it for free. I just want to stop seeing a million silly posts from you all over this forum.

DJ_Eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@ Smashdude, my offer still stands, u can mail me your Wii, and I'll mod it for free. I just want to stop seeing a million silly posts from you all over this forum.
WOW!! You're a good guy.

@smashdude, I've read this thread from the beginning and I am flabbergasted. You really should send it to xflac, and probably even throw him a tip. That is your best bet to get this working since you have been rather unsuccessful so far. Good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol