Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Salamantis said:
I apologize in advance for the month-old bump but I figured it would be better than making a new topic.

So I'm in the same dilemma as the OP here, I'm looking for some decent quality headphones.
To start, they're going to be used with my iPod, therefore on the go (car/school/sometimes home). I don't know how it feels to carry around the regular ear cup headphones, might be annoying to carry it in your pocket every day. I'd tend to prefer the regular buds.
I'm not looking for the best of the best, but not bad quality 'phones. Something below 60-70$ would be nice, or if really there's something good I should have then no more than 100$ (max max max limit).

Also as you may know I'm in Canada so please nothing that's only found @ newegg.com or amazon.com. I'd prefer a Canadian store with Canadian prices because some headphones in the US that cost 50$ there might cost much more here.

I was looking at the CX300 on newegg.ca because many people suggested them but they don't seem to have very good ratings...
Also I'd like headphones that are the same length of cable from the left bud to the plug and the right bud to the cable. I hate the ones that aren't equal lengths on each side...

Thanks in advance.

You could ask Head-fi, for they're much better for answering a question like this. There are Yuin earbuds, which are well known, but I don't think any Canadian stores sell them. Not that Canadian stores sell anything good at all.

As much as I hate it, Canadian retailers are the worst places to buy anything of from. When Cowon D2 prices were "sinking" in the US, they were raising the prices here for no reason. There's also the Cowon O2, which are sold at 299 for 32 gigs. Canada sells them at 329 for 16 gigs. Rip-off, I say.

EDIT: Also, the Sound Magic PL30s are known to be good. But they're the type of earphones that go in your ears. They're cheap, but quite well regarded in Head-fi.

EDIT 2: Zune phones are good too.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Salamantis said:
I apologize in advance for the month-old bump but I figured it would be better than making a new topic.

So I'm in the same dilemma as the OP here, I'm looking for some decent quality headphones.
To start, they're going to be used with my iPod, therefore on the go (car/school/sometimes home). I don't know how it feels to carry around the regular ear cup headphones, might be annoying to carry it in your pocket every day. I'd tend to prefer the regular buds.
I'm not looking for the best of the best, but not bad quality 'phones. Something below 60-70$ would be nice, or if really there's something good I should have then no more than 100$ (max max max limit).

Also as you may know I'm in Canada so please nothing that's only found @ newegg.com or amazon.com. I'd prefer a Canadian store with Canadian prices because some headphones in the US that cost 50$ there might cost much more here.

I was looking at the CX300 on newegg.ca because many people suggested them but they don't seem to have very good ratings...
Also I'd like headphones that are the same length of cable from the left bud to the plug and the right bud to the cable. I hate the ones that aren't equal lengths on each side...

Thanks in advance.

Try these out. Not amazing quality, but they are built super nice, they are affordable, and they sound good enough for me (I consider myself a bit of an audiophile).

http://www.amazon.com/Zune-JDA-00001-Premi...2/dp/B000VWOL3O

They can be purchased at Future Shop or Walmart for about $40 (I got mine at FS)

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
Salamantis said:

Thanks in advance.

Try these out. Not amazing quality, but they are built super nice, they are affordable, and they sound good enough for me (I consider myself a bit of an audiophile).

http://www.amazon.com/Zune-JDA-00001-Premi...2/dp/B000VWOL3O

They can be purchased at Future Shop or Walmart for about $40 (I got mine at FS)
Thanks. Might use my gift card from FS. I will do more research first tho. Not right now since I'm on my iPod
tongue.gif

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I purchased a pair of CX300's recently.

I haven't burned them in quite yet, but they sound great in comparison to my old Sony MDR-EX71.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I found some nice earbuds for a nice price.

JVC. Marshmellow in-ear stuff.

8 bucks.

From dollar general.

I know, I was skeptical at first.
But after that, I was immensley satisfied.

It also let me know just how fast earwax built up in my ear.

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an audio technica ath-ec7 awhile ago from ebay for $15.

It most likely might be fake but to me it sounds really good. The bass sounds quite firm, pops without sounding muddy, if i crank my volume to 3/10 it is enough to isolate outside sound, and you can have it quite loud without sound 'leaking'

I am looking for a new pair of earphones that are clip ons(not in-ear) and would like something similar for the same price, any recomendations?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
You could ask Head-fi, for they're much better for answering a question like this. There are Yuin earbuds, which are well known, but I don't think any Canadian stores sell them. Not that Canadian stores sell anything good at all.

As much as I hate it, Canadian retailers are the worst places to buy anything of from. When Cowon D2 prices were "sinking" in the US, they were raising the prices here for no reason. There's also the Cowon O2, which are sold at 299 for 32 gigs. Canada sells them at 329 for 16 gigs. Rip-off, I say.

EDIT: Also, the Sound Magic PL30s are known to be good. But they're the type of earphones that go in your ears. They're cheap, but quite well regarded in Head-fi.

EDIT 2: Zune phones are good too.
Thanks for the link, I'll look around head-fi for some info. Never knew Canadian retailers were so bad :/
I've looked into the Sound Magic PL30 and I found that their frequency response was of a small range...

seedvt said:
I purchased a pair of CX300's recently.

I haven't burned them in quite yet, but they sound great in comparison to my old Sony MDR-EX71.
I wanted some CX300s but the ones on newegg have a different length of cord from the right bud down to the plug and the left bud down to the plug. I hate those.

Trulen said:
Actually, I found some nice earbuds for a nice price.
JVC. Marshmellow in-ear stuff.
8 bucks.
From dollar general.
I know, I was skeptical at first.
But after that, I was immensley satisfied.
I've only heard bad things from the JVC Marshmallows. And I don't trust 8$ headphones.
And I have a load of earwax too
tongue.gif

QUOTE(CannonBallZ @ Nov 10 2008, 01:16 AM) I bought an audio technica ath-ec7 awhile ago from ebay for $15.

It most likely might be fake but to me it sounds really good. The bass sounds quite firm, pops without sounding muddy, if i crank my volume to 3/10 it is enough to isolate outside sound, and you can have it quite loud without sound 'leaking'
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll look into them.

QUOTE(ninten360 @ Nov 10 2008, 01:25 AM)
You should definitely get skullcandy bubs
There the best headphones I've bought
wink.gif
People don't seem to realize that skullcandy is shit. Everyone seems to like them cause they appeal to the general teen in price/looks.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'm actually in the same boat as everyone. I've been looking at the Zune Premium V2 earbuds and they seem okay, apart from the scratching sound when the cord rubs against something (which my current pair of earphones do, honestly), and apart from that, they seem okay. But I also saw the JVC Marshmallow ones (and the 34A model too). I'm leaning towards the Zunes as it is, but I've never had an actual earbud phones that could actually fit. And I like the idea of having to push them in to form a seal.

I don't really mind the scratching noise since I get it anyway like I said, and I don't mind the higher price for the Zune ones. And it'd be excessively ironic to use them on an iPod...I was looking at regular over-ear headphones but seeing how I'll be using these for both home and travel (and shopping, hehe), it'd be a bit much I'm sure.

Anyone have experience with either? I would most certainly like to try them out if I could get the chance, but I, well, don't. Can't. Etc.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonBallZ said:
I bought an audio technica ath-ec7 awhile ago from ebay for $15.

I am looking for a new pair of earphones that are clip ons(not in-ear) and would like something similar for the same price, any recomendations?
I fixed your link for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind