• Total voters

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
you know what i will enjoy being a sheep because at least i dont care if other people have the same things as me and i doubt you even bought any bose or skullcandy let alone their good products like is said i have skullcandy products and i have tried bose and they are amazing even if they are over priced most people say that "this product sucks" or something like that because they cant have it or cant afford it
If you're happy with what you own, or simply have poor enough hearing that you can't tell the difference, then you can enjoy your trendy headphones.

I will buy headphones based on sound quality. It has nothing to do with how mainstream they are.

*says as listening to his iPhone with HD280 Pros

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
apb407 said:
you know what i will enjoy being a sheep because at least i dont care if other people have the same things as me and i doubt you even bought any bose or skullcandy let alone their good products like is said i have skullcandy products and i have tried bose and they are amazing even if they are over priced most people say that "this product sucks" or something like that because they cant have it or cant afford it

and I'm guessing that you have never tried anything that is actually good.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Go with the HD280 Pro. Same pair of cans I use.
smile.gif

Also: Skullcandy sounds like shit.

Renegade_R said:
If you want something in the $50 range, get a pair of these:
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?Ope...5Ept%5EPORTAPRO
Its one of those strange things that doesn't cost much but sound amazing for that price...and the retro look is simply awesome.
Even anime girls love the Porta-Pro.
3dd3q.jpg

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:

wrong. tell any audiophile what you just stated here and you will be laughed at. bose makes OK stuff and a few good things which are all overpriced. why would you pay top dollar for mediocre stuff or overpriced technology when you could put those dollars towards something better or spend less for the same thing. what these guys are saying is they play the information game instead of the trend game.(where they actually do research to see what's best for the money and their needs instead of buying what everyone else has). seriously, put on a pair of sennheiser hd-595s and you'll see the light.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmm, is the quality of those big earmuff like headphones really worth lugging them around? I've always stayed away because I can't imagine bringing them around, that being said, I never ever really invested in any decent headphones anyways...
I only use mine at home.
There are alternatives like some decent in-ear sets. Mmm I wish I could afford some of those Shure ones.

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmm, is the quality of those big earmuff like headphones really worth lugging them around? I've always stayed away because I can't imagine bringing them around, that being said, I never ever really invested in any decent headphones anyways...

Yeah, that's why I'm kind of leaning towards the Sony MDR-7506. They aren't as obtrusive as many cans I've seen... I like how the Sennheiser HD280 Pro can fold up though. Also, one of the reasons I'm looking for this style is to double-function as earmuffs for this winter! haha

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apb407 said:

Sigh.

You probably buy things that you think are good, because they're pricy, and sold in every store.

BOSE, claims that they make superior products by researching sound. However, to my ears, they spend more money on marketing then actually any research. All their products are "INCREDIBLY SMOOTH SOUNDING PRODUCTS WITH AMAZING SOUND", or so they claim, yet, their sound feels very hollow to me. They don't even put the technical specs to their own products, and none of Bose's speakers are STILL NOT THX certified, yet, their products have so many ads, and nonsense, that most non-educated consumers that don't do any research on the products, think they're the best with amazing sound. Marketing can change the way you listen to music as well, believe it or not. You may think they may sound good, but it's just that you haven't heard better. That's how it is with audio. I thought my Sennheiser earphones were great, until I got the better ones. After about 10+ of usage, I tried the earphones again, and they sounded very weak. and couldn't believe I thought the sound was good. The Bose sound is sold at a price nearly tripple where they really should be. They're not completely horrid, but extremely overpriced, to a point where, a vast majority of educated people will say it sucks.

Go to Head-fi, and ask why we have Sennheisers, Grado, AKG, Ultrasone, Shure, Denon, Ultimate ears, etc, and ask "why don't you guys use Skullcandy or Bose instead, because they're superior, and everyone heard of them?"

And me, not being able to afford a bose product? I have enough money to buy a decent laptop at the moment, and I'm already planning on buying the Audio Technica ESW9 early next year, with a "simple" recabling from APuresound. The recable alone costs over a hundred dollars. Just search for their site on Google.

And don't say some crap that my parents buy them for me because I'm some rich bastard, because I'm buying everything with my saved allowence from lawn mowing, dish washing, etc around the house. I'm trying to get a job to actually earn income, but nothing yet. My family is middle classed, and I had to buy everything on my own until now. Including my first gameboy, ds, etc.

People have preference in sounds, and one will like Product A, and the other will like Product B. But it's not hard to see that Skullcandys suck. Do your research from professionals (Not from biased places like Cnet), and look around Head-fi to see real phones.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have these $10 Sony around-the-ear clippy-like things that I don't know the model number of. And that means I can't find a friggin' picture for them either. >O They're blue. Yeah...

They work pretty well. Sure, I'm not an audiophile (and when I had my big headphones, I could actually tell the difference between some mid-range bitrates) but they get me by. And hey, they do double-duty easily, with either computer or MP3 player use. I just don't really care right now, since as long as I get sound, I'm mostly fine.

Oh, but then I guess that means my opinion is null and void here...damn.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOAH ^ personal attack much dude i pay for all my stuff rather it be cloths, games, books, headphones and hell even food sometimes. As for the headphones i guess i have used other great headphones like shures and some sonys and i never said that skullcandy is better then the ones you guys are talking about because unlike some of you guys i actually try the products sufficently with a bunch of genres of music to see if i like them besides just going on looks and listening to other peoples opinions. Hey mabye the other ones you said are better i dont know ive never tried them.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought some Seinheisser CX300s for like $10 on Newegg, and they sound very decent. I tried them with the Bose TriPorts and they compared nicely. (BTW, the Bose headphones sound good, but are just pricey) Then again, I haven't tried the $600 Shure headphones (yes, I know that is an exaggeration), so my opinion must be null and void as well.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apb407 said:
WOAH ^ personal attack much dude i pay for all my stuff rather it be cloths, games, books, headphones and hell even food sometimes. As for the headphones i guess i have used other great headphones like shures and some sonys and i never said that skullcandy is better then the ones you guys are talking about because unlike some of you guys i actually try the products sufficently with a bunch of genres of music to see if i like them besides just going on looks and listening to other peoples opinions. Hey mabye the other ones you said are better i dont know ive never tried them.

About the paying part, it's because you said "People who don't like it probably say it sucks is because they can't afford it, or they can't have it". I pay for almost everything I have, and it was about me, and not you. Most of the time, whenever a person makes a comment like that, they call you rich, and I get everything I want, so I just wanted to clarify.

And for the skullcandy part, even if actually know the truth, which I'm not fully convinced yet, you still recommended skullcandies over better products, and etc.

Lastly, even if their headphones actually sounds better after the burn-in, the sound is just unbearable for me to stand. Listening to a song made my ears bleed, and took them off instantly. And yes, I've actually used more then just one of their products, and actually listened in a few genres.

QUOTE(Foie @ Oct 1 2008, 06:18 AM) I bought some Seinheisser CX300s for like $10 on Newegg, and they sound very decent. I tried them with the Bose TriPorts and they compared nicely. (BTW, the Bose headphones sound good, but are just pricey) Then again, I haven't tried the $600 Shure headphones (yes, I know that is an exaggeration), so my opinion must be null and void as well.

But the Sennheiser CX300s are quite well known. It's good for the price. And the price you've gotten it, it's a fantastic deal, since in here, CX300s cost 99.99 in stores.....

And just because you haven't tried the shure ones, doesn't mean you don't have an opinion..... I mean, the headphones I have is 40 bucks. I have tried Bose On-ear numerous times, Shure E100 (The old model which used to cost about $99), and a few other expensive ones (All of them from friends), and I prefer the one I have over all of them for some reason...... I just lurked in Head-fi for about 2 and a half months, tried some models out from friends, and this is where I am now.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as what headphones are better, can't we compare technical specs such as frequency response and sensitivity instead of just saying "I know! I listened to them with lots of music!". Don't get me wrong, qualitative reviews are nice, but some numbers to back them up would also be good for comparison.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tropicana said:
CX300s cost 99.99 in stores.....

Tell me about it.

Sennheiser Canada needs to do a price readjustment; I don't think the $85 or so difference is due to the customs/taxes/whatever coming from the US.

The best price I've seen on them are around $75, and that's looking at Dell.ca's prices..

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize in advance for the month-old bump but I figured it would be better than making a new topic.

So I'm in the same dilemma as the OP here, I'm looking for some decent quality headphones.
To start, they're going to be used with my iPod, therefore on the go (car/school/sometimes home). I don't know how it feels to carry around the regular ear cup headphones, might be annoying to carry it in your pocket every day. I'd tend to prefer the regular buds.
I'm not looking for the best of the best, but not bad quality 'phones. Something below 60-70$ would be nice, or if really there's something good I should have then no more than 100$ (max max max limit).

Also as you may know I'm in Canada so please nothing that's only found @ newegg.com or amazon.com. I'd prefer a Canadian store with Canadian prices because some headphones in the US that cost 50$ there might cost much more here.

I was looking at the CX300 on newegg.ca because many people suggested them but they don't seem to have very good ratings...
Also I'd like headphones that are the same length of cable from the left bud to the plug and the right bud to the cable. I hate the ones that aren't equal lengths on each side...

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging