Hardware Which Graphic Experience is Better 3DS or PS Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Finally got to test a Vita demo in Gamestop yesterday... only played for 5 minutes, but honestly, that hd AMOLED screen was amazing. the only thing i truly disliked was, surprisingly, the analogs. .. i felt that they were too small and loose, and that the circle pad was a better choice for a handheld.

Reactions: 2 people

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Finally got to test a Vita demo in Gamestop yesterday... only played for 5 minutes, but honestly, that hd AMOLED screen was amazing. the only thing i truly disliked was, surprisingly, the analogs. .. i felt that they were too small and loose, and that the circle pad was a better choice for a handheld.
I thought that I was the only one who liked more the 3ds analog.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. The PSVita analogs are playable, I just wish they were a bit firmer. And I feel the circle pad properly emulates the the reach and distance of a full size analog more than the mini-analogs do. Plus, since the Vita DOES indeed look like it might fit into SOME huge pockets, i'd be seriously worried about accidentally damaging the analogs in there.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Vita do not fit in any pocket, and the analogs are not the only problem, the size of screen (that provides a good visual experience) make impossible to carry it like a 3DS or a PSP.

I see PS Vita more like a home console with screen than a carry-to-anywhere device. (before any angry reply I say that it is just my personal opinion)

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got to test a Vita demo in Gamestop yesterday... only played for 5 minutes, but honestly, that Qhd AMOLED screen was amazing. the only thing i truly disliked was, surprisingly, the analogs. .. i felt that they were too small and loose, and that the circle pad was a better choice for a handheld.
One letter makes a difference.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have sacks for pockets and it still fits, you just have small pockets.
It does look a lot bigger than it actually is until you actually hold one in your hand. I thought it was too big as well, but after actually holding one, it does look like it will actually just barely fit in my pocket comfortably (except maybe the analogs pocking out).

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have sacks for pockets and it still fits, you just have small pockets.
It does look a lot bigger than it actually is until you actually hold one in your hand. I thought it was too big as well, but after actually holding one, it does look like it will actually just barely fit in my pocket comfortably (except maybe the analogs pocking out).
Well I had no problem fitting them in my pockets otherwise i'll just have it in my backpack but yes it is bigger than it advertised.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
as someone who has both, i'd say definitely the Vita.

P.S. I havent touched my 3DS now in over a month.. I might even sell it, gets no use anymore.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I had no problem fitting them in my pockets otherwise i'll just have it in my backpack but yes it is bigger than it advertised.
lol I think you misunderstand: I was saying that i thought it was smaller than the ads made it look. :ha:
Ah sorry and really?

But considering it fits in my pockets with ease I get your right.

as someone who has both, i'd say definitely the Vita.

P.S. I havent touched my 3DS now in over a month.. I might even sell it, gets no use anymore.
I haven't touched my 3DS for I think half a year now.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah sorry and really?

Yeah... Personally, I still wouldn't want to keep it in my pocket regularly (I'm paranoid about messing up the analogs, plus all my pants pockets are regularly filled (except for one of the back pockets, which I wouldn't want to keep my Vita in for at least 2 obvious reasons). But I think pocket carrying is definitely doable if one really wants to (and doesn't wear skinny jeans, lol).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen some of you decided to sell 3DS. That's why I dont want to buy 3DS and PSVita at all. I want to be wise and save my money and enjoy while I can with Ps3 and Wii games. In the few years from now, I might buy either PSvita or 3DS or both for cheaper if there have many good games that I want. Anyway, that is why it is wise not to buy the newer portable right away unless you know what you are doing. :)

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah sorry and really?

Yeah... Personally, I still wouldn't want to keep it in my pocket regularly (I'm paranoid about messing up the analogs, plus all my pants pockets are regularly filled (except for one of the back pockets, which I wouldn't want to keep my Vita in for at least 2 obvious reasons). But I think pocket carrying is definitely doable if one really wants to (and doesn't wear skinny jeans, lol).
Ah okay well my pockets are pretty big so it just slips in very easy and i'm just as paranoid as you are about damaging the analog sticks and what gamer wants to wear skinny jeans or tight pants in general, I mean you can't carry your consoles in them.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have seen some of you decided to sell 3DS. That's why I dont want to buy 3DS and PSVita at all. I want to be wise and save my money and enjoy while I can with Ps3 and Wii games. In the few years from now, I might buy either PSvita or 3DS or both for cheaper if there have many good games that I want. Anyway, that is why it is wise not to buy the newer portable right away unless you know what you are doing. :)
Sage advice. As much as I'm glad that I bought a new system less than a year after release for the first time, nothing beats getting a system a few years after release when the price has gone down, and there are TONS of used games available for cheap.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
I take some photos for you:

80403940.jpg

97089621.jpg

79668518.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.