Hacking which flashcart i need?

the assaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I have a r4isdhc dual core "new" that might be fake. until recently, it worked well, except for the fact it didn't fit slot-1 well and it sometimes gave a hard time to plug it correctly.
now, after ~4.5 years, I can't plug it correctly and thus it's unplayable. I tried cleaning it and using launchers, but the best thing I could get is invalid banner data in luma3ds.
now, I want to ask:
1)is there any way to fix it?
2)if no, which flashcart I can buy to replace this card? I need:
-SDHC 4gb mircroSD compatibility.
-same firmware as my r4isdhc (wood) that can read my saves.
-compatibility with ds lite.
-compatibility with hacked 3ds (b9s, luma3ds) preferably with no launchers/loaders.
-I prefer dsi 1.4.5 compatibility or at least hiyaCFW compatibility (I have DSi xl 1.4.5E with dsi browser and flipnote studio, so I can hack it when the hacks will be released.
-of course, I want something cheap. thats the reason I posted this in r4 subforum, but you can suggest other flashcarts.
-fit well ds lite and 3ds slot-1

thank you very much!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My suggestion would be one of these two
R4i Gold (r4ids.cn): Officially runs Wood R4 and doesn't run a hacked version like your previous cart. So basically it will run the same, expect with a legit version of Wood R4

Acekard 2i: Runs akAIO, so basically almost the same as Wood R4, minus the RTS. It is however easier to run homebrew launchers and use akAIO as ROM loader.

Both of these will work on your DS Lite and work just fine with Luma3DS. Both will work with your current save files. Both have use an Acekard based firmware, so the skins save, etc. will all work the same. Both support any microSD card that can formatted to FAT32. I am actually running a 64GB microSD card in my Ak2i right now. Ak2i will only work up to 1.4.1, R4i Gold will work on both 1.4.5 and even stock 11.5 on the 3DS.

Last edited by The Catboy,

the assaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
first of all, thank you for the fast reply. second, those flashcard are relatively high priced, compared to ~8$ bucks old nds only flashcards, so can the old cheaper flashcarts run wood/firmware that supports wood .sav saves? another thing, do you know what the matter with new r4isdhc cards? I know some of them have r4 firmware and not wood, and they looks like their shape is more like legit ds cards, so is there 2013 dual core successor without shape problems?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They are pricey because you are paying for a quality product. R4i Gold comes with official Wood R4 support compared to your previous cart that ran an older hacked version of Wood R4. The R4i SDHC didn't actually have Wood R4 support and ran a hacked version of it. Chances are that later versions of the cart dropped support for the hacked version of Wood R4 and started using a DSTT-based kernel, like many other R4 cloned carts tend to do. The different shape thing is really something I can't help with, but I think it was suppose to make it easier to remove from the system without pressing on the faceplate.

NitroCipher

GBAtemp's Resident Alchemist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely recommend the R4i Gold 3DS RTS, it is a super stable cart, and is compatible with NtrBootHax (tool to install CFW on the 3DS systems)

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be tempted by those cheap garbage carts. Just spend a little extra and get the R4i Gold 3DS RTS which is still relatively cheap for what you'll get out of it.

Because you mentioned it, mine does have a rather tight fit in the 3DS cartridge slot compared to an official Nintendo cart, but it hasn't really given me any problems. I've never tested it in my DS lite. I have an AK2i for that which actually has the opposite, worse issue. It's loose and requires extra padding with the paper trick to make and keep contact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC