Hardware Which 3DS XL comes with 4.5?

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a 3DS XL for myself on Black Friday, and want to get a Gateway for it. So it has to be on 4.5 or lower. Does the Luigi Mansion 3DS XL bundle come with a firmware of 4.5, and what are the chances that it won't if it does? Do the regular new Blue/Red 3DS XL's still come with 4.5 or are they now updated in the stores.

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the Mario Kart ones are pretty safe. When you get it, check the box says copyright 2012 on it. If it doesn't, look the shop assistant directly in the eye and tell him you saw him rub his knob on that one and you would like a different one. Rinse and repeat until you get a 2012 model.

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, you can still buy it in Europe (because I did) so I wasn't aware it was no longer available in the US. As far as I know SOME of the red / blue ones can be new, some can be old and the only way to be sure is to check that copyright notice. Also, Luigi's Mansion the game comes with 4.5 so I would have thought the 3DS would have shipped with that as well but again, check the copyright on the box. If it doesn't say 2012, don't buy it.

HellMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As reported in another thread regarding the same question in "hacking" section :

=========================================================================================
FYI :

Today, I bought a brand new blue 3DS XL in store.
I took good care to buy a 2012 copyright one.
In fact, almost all the boxes were 2012 .
Seems strange since the store I was in is quite huge and sells a lot (FNAC store in Paris, FRANCE)

Opened the box and Firmware was 6.2.0 :glare:

Hopefully, this store has a great return policy.
So I went back and tried with another console... then another one...

I did try 3 blue 3DS XL with 2012 boxes and they were all provided with a recent firmware.

I finally tried a grey one and it was 4.1.0 :hrth:

So, it seems that Nintendo is using some old boxes they may have found in a corner to wrap brand new console systems.
A least in europe...

With Christmas season, I assume that a lot of systems will be sold and it will be harder to find old firmwares...

Be carefull when buying : even the 2012 copyright is not a 100% safe way to select a Gateway compliant system.
==========================================================================================

I thought that it can be usefull to post this information here too....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: