Hacking Where to sell a Gateway 3DS in the UK

aubreyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just installed boot9strap and thinking of selling my gateway 3ds.... however according to the gateway 3ds website, 11.3/11.4 is not even supported. So when someone buys the gateway card how can he / she install the latest emunand? I believe when you go to system update you will be forced to upgrade to the latest firmware which is 11.5.

If you can't install emunand then gateway is pretty much useless? you won't be able to use it to play games at all?

Last edited by aubreyk,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This isn't true, if you tell paypal it was a unlawful charge you will get your money back even if it's friends and family, I know as people have done it to me.
Mmm no? The reason there's no fee is that PayPal won't get involved with a F&F charge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have just installed boot9strap and thinking of selling my gateway 3ds.... however according to the gateway 3ds website, 11.3/11.4 is not even supported. So when someone buys the gateway card how can he / she install the latest emunand? I believe when you go to system update you will be forced to upgrade to the latest firmware which is 11.5.

If you can't install emunand then gateway is pretty much useless? you won't be able to use it to play games at all?
You can update to 11.2 by running a Poochy & Yoshi rom with update blocking turned off.

Westwoodo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm no? The reason there's no fee is that PayPal won't get involved with a F&F charge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can send you the emails if you want proof?

Also think how easy that would be for hackers "I will send paypal f and f payments to all of my hacker friends and there is nothing the original account holder can do to get the money back?".

Last edited by Westwoodo,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I can send you the emails if you want proof?

Also think how easy that would be for hackers "I will send paypal f and f payments to all of my hacker friends and there is nothing the original account holder can do to get the money back?".
Sure, you can try. PayPal won't do anything with a family and friends payment.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, you can try. PayPal won't do anything with a family and friends payment.
I can tell you with absolute certainly they can, and in some cases, will. Especially if you can prove the recipient specifically requested it as an attempt to circumvent mediation, either through forum posts or email exchanges.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I can tell you with absolute certainly they can, and in some cases, will. Especially if you can prove the recipient specifically requested it as an attempt to circumvent mediation, either through forum posts or email exchanges.
I'll be happy to see some proof, but until then I don't believe you :-)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Edit: Bah, it's a silly argument for the internet. Believe what you like.
To be eligible for buyer protection you have to not make a Personal Transaction, which is defined as not a goods & services transaction.
IMG_3173.PNG
IMG_3174.PNG

If you don't use goods & services there is no buyer protection.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't use goods & services there is no buyer protection.
And in certain countries and jurisdictions that clause is utterly irrelevant. Keep in mind, Paypal goes out of its way to avoid excessive attention from regulatory and consumer protection bodies. I've seen it reversed, without even threatening a chargeback. Take from that what you will, believe it or don't as you like. As I said, it's a really silly argument for a board focused on console modding and ultimately off-topic for the discussion. Carry on.

Edit: I'm obviously not recommending ever USING friends and family for purchases, as it's exponentially more difficult for dispute resolution. That's the limit of the thread relevance.

Last edited by mrjoshuaco,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
And in certain countries and jurisdictions that clause is utterly irrelevant. Keep in mind, Paypal goes out of its way to avoid excessive attention from regulatory and consumer protection bodies. I've seen it reversed, without even threatening a chargeback. Take from that what you will, believe it or don't as you like. As I said, it's a really silly argument for a board focused on console modding and ultimately off-topic for the discussion. Carry on.

Edit: I'm obviously not recommending ever USING friends and family for purchases, as it's exponentially more difficult for dispute resolution. That's the limit of the thread relevance.
Ok, well, I've never heard of it happening and can't find any instances or reports of it happening on the Web, so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol