Homebrew Where is GBA emulator for NDS?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- DS can't emulate GBA by itself (it can run it natively however perfectly just without Link Cable stuff)
The DS can't run GBA natively from Slot-1.
supercardstwo and iplayer (though iplayer sucks)
Both iPlayer and Supercard DSTWO use an emulator to play GBA games, they're not running natively. Both cards have their own CPU and extra hardware inside to provide the extra power necessary to play GBA games. And they don't play them perfectly either, there's some considerable slowdown in all games, some much worse than others. I believe the emulators are ports from other GBA emulators for other systems. gpSP from PSP perhaps? Not sure, but they're emulators regardless.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both iPlayer and Supercard DSTWO use an emulator to play GBA games, they're not running natively. Both cards have their own CPU and extra hardware inside to provide the extra power necessary to play GBA games. And they don't play them perfectly either, there's some considerable slowdown in all games, some much worse than others. I believe the emulators are ports from other GBA emulators for other systems. gpSP from PSP perhaps? Not sure, but they're emulators regardless.
Are you saying both flashcard have different CPU thing to run GBA game? Wait PSP have GBA emulator? Man I am really way behind stuff.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying both flashcard have different CPU thing to run GBA game? Wait PSP have GBA emulator? Man I am really way behind stuff.
Yes, both the iPlayer and the Supercard DSTWO have extra CPU's inside the card. I think it's a MIPS based CPU clocked around 360mhz, not sure exactly. But that's why they're able to utilize more advanced emulators for systems such as GBA. The SNES emulator is also much more advanced than SnemulDS. There's even another card called iSmart MM that can run PS1 games using a port of Dingux from the Dingoo (something programmers hope to port to the DSTWO, since DSTWO has basically the same hardware but a higher clock speed). There's a ton of power in there that the DS doesn't have alone.

And yeah PSP has had a GBA emulator for years (among other emulators obviously). I've never tested it personally, but it seems to run pretty darn well from what i've seen from videos and reports. It's improved a lot over the years too-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNxMfrx7kIM

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Nothing difficult here, VBA can work on PC because PC has a lot of power to use (most cases) but if You would port VBA for example for iPhone, the performance will be terrible unless the person who will port it, will correct and improve code
Similar goes for Palm T|X, I'm pretty sure it could run GBA games but it would have to be very well done code
Lastly iPhone, the coder of GBC and GBA emu has PORTED other emulator, that's why emulation goes not very good, someone else made from scratch GBC emu and it works so smoothly that it can't be compared...

If You want to run GBA games it will be MUCH cheaper to "update" DS than buying PSP or Vita, think about it for a minute
How much it will be SLOT-2 Flashcard and how much it will be PSP or Vita? Exactly

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it true VBA is greatest work on PC system. But some video game system is not much to perfect run for all game. Some of game have lagging problem. Well Slot-2 Flashcard is really more cheaper than PSP or Vista.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch